Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #31
jbretz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
jbretz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
well i figured id toss this in here. willing to trade for a caged coupe? silvia front,red top,pbm,bc racing,ksport,etc..... check my thread and hit me up if interested

717 592 0576
Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #32
Lowlifes!
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Lowlifes! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love this car and can not stop coming back to look at it. Want to get it to sit in my garage!!! ):
Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I have a black 98 LE 5spd in the garage that is absolutely mint and the small things I've done to it can easily be reverted back to stock. With that said these are not 69 Camaro's and they are still a LONG way from going UP in value. I think if you truly think about that you would agree. They are at least a decade away from ever going up in value and that's still a HUGE IF (I don't think they will ever be worth much). Name another car in history that was an economy sports car when sold new and was going up in value when it was 15 years old??? Never, it would be hard to name one that was going up in value at 25 years old. I think $10k is a little crazy, if you remember the green 97 SE 5spd with 33k miles on it sold on here two years ago for $8500.

I agree with the OP completely, this is a super nice car, and in great shape, and $7k is very fair. It should sell really fast now that the price is set. I know a few people that are looking for a really nice car up that way and I will email this to them right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3RESQ View Post
This car is worth WELL over 7k. Especially if he brings the couple minor modifications back to USDM/OEM. (shifter, oil cap, etc.)

Besides the one sitting in my garage (not for sale), show me a TRULY unmolested 98 kouki factory 5 speed that really fits the "excellent" condition category.

This car and any 98 manuals left stock and taken care of are only going to go UP in value....and become harder and harder to find.

My opinion...10k+, especially if he has paperwork to prove the car is what he says.

GLWS, I'm looking forward to some interior, trunk, and motor bay shots.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
H3RESQ

H3RESQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I have a black 98 LE 5spd in the garage that is absolutely mint and the small things I've done to it can easily be reverted back to stock. With that said these are not 69 Camaro's and they are still a LONG way from going UP in value. I think if you truly think about that you would agree. They are at least a decade away from ever going up in value and that's still a HUGE IF (I don't think they will ever be worth much). Name another car in history that was an economy sports car when sold new and was going up in value when it was 15 years old??? Never, it would be hard to name one that was going up in value at 25 years old. I think $10k is a little crazy, if you remember the green 97 SE 5spd with 33k miles on it sold on here two years ago for $8500.

I agree with the OP completely, this is a super nice car, and in great shape, and $7k is very fair. It should sell really fast now that the price is set. I know a few people that are looking for a really nice car up that way and I will email this to them right now.
Ok, first. The owner never set the price at 7k. He said it will sell higher. The BUMP was not posted by him.
Your right about the comparison to a Camaro, but were talking 10k not 50-100k.++ (69 rs ss matching #'s) Also keep in mind were discussing a discountinued car, the last year, and the rarest of its breed. And were in a market that is currently on fire for this car.
I do not know if the 97 was a Kouki so I can't be for sure I can even compare the cars.
My opinion holds on this cars value to the right buyer. This is a matching numbers, factory 5 speed and a KOUKI (being a kouki is the key to this cars value)

I am curious, and this shows my point of finding these cars in original condition.......Are your rear fenders rolled? Do you really think they can be brought back to OEM? Can they even be repaired without paint?, the answer is no. You could never return to stock, you could repair though.
Look at ORIGINAL vs. restored car prices.

Either way, great car and if he waits for the right buyer it should sell for well over 7k.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
GtoRx7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
GtoRx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Ok, first. The owner never set the price at 7k. He said it will sell higher. The BUMP was not posted by him.
Your right about the comparison to a Camaro, but were talking 10k not 50-100k.++ (69 rs ss matching #'s) Also keep in mind were discussing a discountinued car, the last year, and the rarest of its breed. And were in a market that is currently on fire for this car.
I do not know if the 97 was a Kouki so I can't be for sure I can even compare the cars.
My opinion holds on this cars value to the right buyer. This is a matching numbers, factory 5 speed and a KOUKI (being a kouki is the key to this cars value)

I am curious, and this shows my point of finding these cars in original condition.......Are your rear fenders rolled? Do you really think they can be brought back to OEM? Can they even be repaired without paint?, the answer is no. You could never return to stock, you could repair though.

Either way, great car and if he waits for the right buyer it should sell for well over 7k.
Yes a 97 was a kouki, they were 97-98. Nice car bump for you.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #36
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
If it was my car, 10k firm. No less.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #37
Stigmata

Stigmata is an unknown quantity at this point
I will buy it, call me 312-405-7578
Thanks,
Damian
Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

So you're trying to speak on the value of this car and you don't know if a 97 was a kouki?? Get real man, we're talking about a car that sold for $22k brand new and you think 15 years later its worth $10K?? These cars will probably NEVER be collector cars, they just don't have what it takes. Yeah they were made in limited numbers here in the states, but so was a Lexus IS sport wagon, doesn't mean its going to be worth a fortune one day. Just because the market is hot right now for this car doesn't mean its going to go up in value. Its hot because of the drift scene, which is slowly getting in-fluxed with cheaper and cheaper 350z's, so as they become more affordable, the need for S-chassis gets lower and lower. If you don't believe me pay attention to how long it takes to sell one of these cars now a days for more than $5k that isn't absolutely exceptional like the OP's car. You're living a pipe dream man, cars are a really really bad investment, and the Nissan 240sx isn't going to be the exception, GT3 RS's, ZHP BMW's, and Black edition Benz's will be.

As for my fenders being rolled, they weren't done with a hammer, so they can be repaired. And as for the price difference between original and restored, I think if these cars did defy history and become collectable, mine being an LE would make up for it. Do I need to explain to you what an LE is??

Ok so he didn't set the price at $7k but he said it would be in that range but above that mark, which is fair.

Once again, BEAUTIFUL car, I'm sure someone will be in contact with the OP soon. I sent it to three people in Michigan so I would expect at least one of them to be in touch today. If not there are some serious buyers around this forum too.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #39
twin_vector_turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
twin_vector_turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

I found the thread with that green kouki. He was asking $12K for it and did not state what it sold for. Buyer stated he bought it for ~$9500 in a PM.

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/341044...t-5-speed.html

I spent more than $7K on mine. I threw that number out there to avoid lowball offers.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #40
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_vector_turbo View Post
I found the thread with that green kouki. He was asking $12K for it and did not state what it sold for. Buyer stated he bought it for ~$9500 in a PM.

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/341044...t-5-speed.html

I spent more than $7K on mine. I threw that number out there to avoid lowball offers.
Dudermcgee also says he paid $9k for it in this thread.

How much should I pay for a kouki??

Either way its got a 1/3rd of the miles on it.

Look I agree your car is worth more than the normal kouki. Is it worth $10k?? If someone will pay that for it then yeah. Do I think that's a fair price? no but my idea of a fair price doesn't matter. I sent the car to some friends of mine that are looking for a clean stock car. They aren't going to pay you $10k for it. But they would be willing to pay more than $7k of course.

Good luck with it man, its a nice car. The point I was making is that these cars are NOT classics. It was never meant to be a stab at your or your asking price. You will get a premium for your car.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #41
stunnaben
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
stunnaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Why is everyone getting all tore up over cars that are at bare minimum at least 14 years old now..... I just bought a brand new 2012 mustang gt and it kicks these cars' ass in all categories. I used to be a die hard JDM tyte 240 fan boy, had my share of the cars, and I'll never go back to 14+ year old rust buckets.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
blackdragon328
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
blackdragon328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnaben View Post
Why is everyone getting all tore up over cars that are at bare minimum at least 14 years old now..... I just bought a brand new 2012 mustang gt and it kicks these cars' ass in all categories. I used to be a die hard JDM tyte 240 fan boy, had my share of the cars, and I'll never go back to 14+ year old rust buckets.

this car is unique. its one of very few kouki s14s that has low miles and has not had the shit modified out of it. Your 2012 GT, as nice as it is, is nothing close to unique and any number of retards will buy em with no idea of what they are worth (not saying you are one of them). I dont know exactly what this s14 would be worth but I'd put the price anywhere in the high 8-9K. the OP will have to be patient though, a car like this will not sell overnight.

glws bro, you have a hell of a clean kouki there.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #43
Marenta

Marenta is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a 98, it's an SE (not LE), it's almost completely original (excepting very few minor things), and it's in excellent condition (also excepting the couple dings mentioned). Personally, I'd put it at 8.5-9. 10 would be pushing it, but you might just find that ONE fanatic out there willing to spend the dough.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenta View Post
It's a 98, it's an SE (not LE)
And LE would be worth MORE. They are higher end. I think you meant its not a BASE model.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #45
Marenta

Marenta is an unknown quantity at this point
I listed everything that would modify the price either up or down. Obviously if it were LE, it'd be worth the 10K.
The year: increase.
Model: decrease.
Modifications: either way, they're so minor.
Condition: either way, the dings are so minor.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #46
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
trade for a '95 GTR Vspec midnight purple w/ 40k MILES? ahhhhhhhhhhh got ya! lol, glws bro.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #47
twin_vector_turbo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Thanks for the useless post....

Since you're done being a "fanboy," please also delete your Zilvia account for everyone else's sake.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #48
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
if you wanted to come out of the closet you didnt have to buy a pusstang to do it........
Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #49
Itachii
Leaky Injector

Itachii is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful car would love to trade you my S13 coupe with cash on end but I live in CA :/
GL though man.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #50
gtmega
Leaky Injector

gtmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine looked exactly like that two when i bought mine now its damaged from a accident and i havent been happy since bump for another fully stock kouki =( dont crash it
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #51
lockhaim
Leaky Injector

lockhaim is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump for an absolutely beautiful car. I'd sell you my kidney and half a lung for this car! GLWS though if I had 10k I'd jump on this this second.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #52
240sxKouki
Zilvia Member

240sxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

my 240 would walk all over your mustang....I promise.
Oh, and not a single spec of rust on my entire 15 year old car.
Bump for a clean car.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #53
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
we want pictures! we want pictures!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #54
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In the 6 yrs I've had my car the retail has increased to $9,200 which is $700 more than I paid. With the miles and everything, I've only lost $700 so please tell me how they haven't increased in value please? And you wanted a few examples of 15+ year old cars that are worth more now... the Supra and the Rx-7 are two that I know off the top of my head. Don't take $7k for this car, there's two bone stock on autotrader for over $10k
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #55
Rich77
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Rich77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thought about an asking price yet??
Old 02-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

No I wanted examples of economic two door cars that were worth half their retail price 15 years later. Neither of the two cars you said fall in that category. But keep thinking these cars are in the same class as a MK4 supra and an FD. Which by the way if you look at prices on either of those, they have come way down in price in the last four years. You can buy an FD now for under $10k and there are turbo supras out there for under $20k.

As for your car going up in value you're out of your mind, look at what they actually sell for not what Kelly blue book inflates it to. 4 years ago a kouki with 100k miles would still go for $10,500ish, now you can get them for $4k. How is that an increase in value? I have an nada book from 2005 and a 98 books out at $12,452 with 65k miles on it. So if yours is close to that now and books for $9200 that's a loss in value. Stop living the pipe dream that these cars are going to be worth more and more every year.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #57
s4yers
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
s4yers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
trade for a 92 gvr4 built?

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/434674...k-chassis.html
Old 02-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #58
H3RESQ

H3RESQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No I wanted examples of economic two door cars that were worth half their retail price 15 years later. Neither of the two cars you said fall in that category. But keep thinking these cars are in the same class as a MK4 supra and an FD. Which by the way if you look at prices on either of those, they have come way down in price in the last four years. You can buy an FD now for under $10k and there are turbo supras out there for under $20k.

As for your car going up in value you're out of your mind, look at what they actually sell for not what Kelly blue book inflates it to. 4 years ago a kouki with 100k miles would still go for $10,500ish, now you can get them for $4k. How is that an increase in value? I have an nada book from 2005 and a 98 books out at $12,452 with 65k miles on it. So if yours is close to that now and books for $9200 that's a loss in value. Stop living the pipe dream that these cars are going to be worth more and more every year.
Let me know when your ready to sell yours, the price should be great since you don't see any value in these things. I won't even have to lowball ya.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #59
twin_vector_turbo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4yers View Post
Sorry no thanks.

All, I haven't had much time to do the research on my car.

Each time I go outside to check on it, I get tempted to delete this thread.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #60
twin_vector_turbo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockhaim View Post
Bump for an absolutely beautiful car. I'd sell you my kidney and half a lung for this car! GLWS though if I had 10k I'd jump on this this second.
Anybody know the going rate for a kidney and half a lung? ha
Closed Thread