Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Punxva's S13 and S14 Builds

well its about time for me to share my progress.

I bought a new shell about 2 weeks ago, it's a 1990 se, without sunroof and wing. Came with a flawless black dash and a few other goodies. I'm swapping everything over from my KA-T project 92.

* Engine

* KA24DE

* Arias 8.8:1 Pistons

* Crower Rods

* Clevite Bearings

* ARP Main/Head Studs

* Cometic Head Gasket

* Nismo Motor and Tranny Mounts

* Nismo Thermostat

* Buddy Club Spec Condensor Ground Kit

* Perma Cool elec. fan

* MSD Blaster 2 Coil

* Agency Power Throttle Pulley

* AEM Dry Flow Filter

* AEM Bypass Valve

* ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley

* Induction

* Garrett GT2871R

* HKS SSQV

* Custom Piping

* Ebay FMIC

* Peak Performance Manifold

* A'pexi Super Suction Intake

* Z32 MAF

* Fuel

* Walbro 255lph fuel pump

* 300zx fuel filter

* Stock SR Injectors

* Nismo FPR

* Electronics & Tuning

* A'pexi SAFC II

* Enthalpy ECU

* Greddy FATT

* Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge

* Autometer Boost Gauge

* Innovative LC-1 Wideband

* Exhaust

* HKS Hi-Power 80mm

* X02 Racing SR downpipe

* Megan Racing test pipe

* Trust Turbo Outlet

* Drivetrain

* Fidanza Flywheel

* Exedy Stage 3 Clutch

* Deleted Dampning Box

* Welded Diff

* Suspension

* Gramlight 57c (f) 17x7.5 (r) 17x8.5

* Stance GR+ Coilovers

* SPL Tension Rods

* SPL Subframe Collars

* Energy Suspension Swaybar D-link Bushings

* Energy Suspension Swaybar Endlink Bushings

* Tein inner and outer tie rods

* Part Shop Max Toe Rods

* Megan RUCA

* Nismo LCA

* PDM Strut Bar (F) & (R)

* Z32 30mm F & R Brakes

* Interior

* Personel Steering Wheel

* Works Bell Hub

* Pioneer Head Unit

* Polk 6 1/2 2Way Speakers (F)

* Polk 4x6 2way Speakers (R)

* Bazooka Tube

* Alpine 400 Watt Amp

* Rockford Fosgate 1 farrod Capicator

* Exterior

* Hella H4 Conversion Headlight

* 8,000K HID's

* Autozone Stobes in headlights wired to high beams (yeah i'm hardcore)

* Kouki Tail's

* Kouki Wing

* Silvia OEM sideskirts

* JDM Clear/Amber Turn Signals

* mercedes ml320 Front Sidemarkers

The first few days of work so far... it's been raining all weekend though so i haven't been able to do much more to it.

not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:18 AM..
punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
well i tried getting some more work done today before the rain continued, ended up getting all of the surface rust off of the drivers side frame rail in the engine bay, dropped the front sway bar, took of the tension rod brackets and sand blasted and boxed them in, then the rain came down hard, so i moved back inside to sand blast the front crossmember bracket, to get ready for powder coating.

Before Hitting it up with the wire wheel

After

Coated in POR 15 Rust Preventive paint.

Finished product of the tension rod brackets

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

Old 03-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn, looks nice man. If you don't mind me asking what kind of sand blaster are you using. I've been doing some powder coating here my self and am looking to get a sand blasting set up to cut my outsourcing costs.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
punxva
Post Whore!

i actually brought it to my buddies place to use his cabinet, i am waiting for the black gloss powder coat to bake in, it's getting late and i've got class tomorrow so i'll post pics of the finished product tomorrow along with the next update, rain isn't in the forecast so i'll be busy

Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
punxva
Post Whore!

ok no real updates, just been buying more parts, and such... mainly 5 lug, getting everything ready to sell that i dont need so be on the lookout for that, and ordered the kit for it.

Chaser Aero works 9 replica.

But the weather has gotten better so hopefully today i can start tackling the rest of the engine bay, dropping the rear subframe, and at least getting the bay in primer.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

ok, here's the latest update, got the battery tray cut out, and sheet metal welded in place of it, wiped the problem spots in the bay, finally got around to taking pictures of the tension rod brackets, took out a bunch of misc shit, and primed the engine bay. Weather permitting I'll have the bay painted tomorrow, no real break through shit on this build so far, but stay tuned, it'll get better as soon as the small shit is out of the way.

BTW you can feel free to comment, i'd like to hear peoples feedback, although i know its a little early for it.

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
240sxnlr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240sxnlr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 240sxnlr
Man, you are deep in it, looking great!

Rejoice, for something really bad is about to happen!
240sxnlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

thank you for the kind words, got around to painting it, the first pictures are after the second base coat and the final two are with wet clear on it.

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
works 9 ftw! cant wait to see it done ..engine bay is clean

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
punxva
Post Whore!

well it got really cold last night, so when i walked out today i noticed the clear isnt as reflective as it was last night, since it was completely dry when i went inside, so i'll have to either sand and reclear on a warmer day, or buff it with rubbing compound today.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
the bay looks great, Im jealous! Nice progress, keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I like the colour.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
loooking really good keep posten!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 AM   #14
punxva
Post Whore!

alright guys thanks for the support guys, i am about to take a final exam, then i'll take pictures when i get home of the re cleared parts.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 AM   #15
punxva
Post Whore!

well the rain has finally stopped, until tomorrow, dropped the subframe out of the new chassis, also took all of the interior wiring out, since there was a rat living in the car for awhile and he decided to snack on the harness, among other things. got the rest of the interior pulled out, and finally got driveway rights for both cars, so swap time has begun, i'm once again stuck in class, so i'll have pictures of the progress when i get home

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

ok so i finally got around to pulling out the dash and harness from the old car, along with goodies from it to be set aside. I also managed to score a free intercooler from a buddy for my truck. it was kinda a slow day because i kept having people come over and bother me, but here's some pictures of the progress, dont mind the new engine bay, it rained for like 4 days straight and i haven't gotten around to cleaning all of the pollen off of it.

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

ok so i got everything out of my old car that i want, now its just being used for part storage. Got both of the subframes into the new car, finally got around to throwing on my PSM toe arms, and new bushings into the front and rear... also got most of the important stuff back into the engine bay and painted those parts as well...

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
sweet, updates?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
punxva
Post Whore!

i've been really busy the past few weeks, haven't gotten much done to the car, got the harnesses back into the car, working out a few small things, i'm about to go outside and start working on putting the interior back together

Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
love waht you've done with the bay. subscribed
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #21
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

its been awhile found a hold me over motor...

some engine bay photos...

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #22
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Why do you have a catch can? Is your blowby that bad?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #23
punxva
Post Whore!

no i used to be ka-t this is just a hold me over motor, not to mention it was taking up my dresser space haha. its just in there atm.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #24
punxva
Post Whore!

Punxva's Build

got some CP 9:1 pistons and Pauter X rods for the built motor.

Last edited by punxva; 01-17-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #25
punxva
Post Whore!

got some more work knocked out over the weekend while it was nice

some more work done

Old 12-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #26
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good, I like the matched valve cover and bay!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
punxva
Post Whore!

thanks man i really need to get around to cleaning up the bay, its so damn cluttered, i've just got so much other stuff i'd rather spend the day doing, i kinda just threw the bay together to get the car running

Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #28
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
*High Five*...Good job on the car. What the hell happened to that spare tire well/holder/wutever-its-called-cuz-i-cant-remember-off-the-top-of-my-head lol

...even though this isnt important to say....i have that same tool box lol
Old 12-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #29
punxva
Post Whore!

well since i bought the car here on the east coast rust is a major issue, lucky for me the only spot on it that was bad is the spare tire holder, so i just went to the junkyard with my trusty coredless sawzaw and cut out one in better condition, i'll be dropping the gas tank and cut the old one out and weld in the new one. The rust on the red one is just surface since it rained like 7 days straight and left us half way under water. And my buddy in the blue shirt was swapping out my modded knuckles for the stock ones since we made them too short and the tie rod was coming up over the LCA and binding up at full lock. I'll either make another set or mod some LCAs with some adjustable plates to use as bump stops for the tie rod.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #30
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Awesome build so far! I see you've got quite the collection of cars. Diggin the mini truck in the background in that last pic .
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote