Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-17-2001, 08:23 AM   #1
TRM02
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TRM02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to TRM02
Hey guys I am getting ready to do a swap for myself and a friend of mine...Since I don't have the car yet my friend does not want to wait for me and want to go ahead and do the swap...I don't care cause I will know what I need to do diffrent them him :biggrin: . Well anyways I need to know after getting the motor,tanny,ECU,clutch and new motor mounts. What else should we expect to pay for and get just in case, or a better way to say it what else should we get?
TRM02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2001, 09:12 AM   #2
jd90240sx
Leaky Injector

jd90240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if you need to get a wiring harness, ignitor chip, a new radiator because the old one wont work, if you are getting a front mount intercooler get a battery relocation kit and put it in the trunk because that big piping wont fit with your battery there, make sure you have extra vacume hoses, radiatior hoses, new belts for the car if the others are shot, mass air sensor if your sr does not come with one, also you might need to lengthen your ecu wiring harness just incase it is too is not long enough to place your SR ecu where the stock one was, all the fluids, and last but not least make sure that you take your time and don't rush anything.  Good luck with your swap and I am glad that I could help out.
jd90240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 09:55 AM   #3
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
You can use the old radiator just need to find new piping.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 11:04 AM   #4
jd90240sx
Leaky Injector

jd90240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ca18guy on 9:55 am on Oct. 17, 2001
You can use the old radiator just need to find new piping.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I was told that you would need a new radiator because you would have to make custom piping for the old one anyway, but if you are going to use the sr motor I would go and but a brand new high performance radiator for the car because its always good to keep your motor running cool.
jd90240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 08:27 AM   #5
HippoSleek
Nissanaholic!

HippoSleek is an unknown quantity at this point
Standard answer - got to www.heavythrottle.com - they know their shtuff. &nbsp; &nbsp;That will give you a basic list of parts. &nbsp;As for the radiator, you can use the KA one with re-routed piping, but I've heard a lot of people have over heating issues with it.
HippoSleek is offline   Reply With Quote