Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
-luong. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo legg

Sorry for starting a new thread but new topic. I search and couldnt fine any good info. I cant rev more than 2500. first drive with my new t3 top mount kit was good. first boost was good then the second time it wont let me rev more than 2500/ leggs like shit. anyideas?
-luong. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
maybe a fucked up MAF?
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
fuel injectors, boost leak, could be anything cause need more specifically on what you did to your motor.

is it tune?????????

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When my MAF went bad it wouldn't let me rev past 2,500 RPM try that...
Old 05-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Its turbo LAG! 2500 wall is likely to be a MAFS like the other guys have stated above. Pull code(s) from your ECU and get back to us.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

godsmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
Its turbo LAG!
Man i didn't understand wtf you meant but then i looked at the title. lol
But to op it sound alot like a boost leak to me. Check all connections and check to make sure there are no cracks in the grommets.
Looking at it again def. sounds like you blew the intercooler piping apart on the first boost up. Check your connections.
godsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsmack View Post
Man i didn't understand wtf you meant but then i looked at the title. lol
But to op it sound alot like a boost leak to me. Check all connections and check to make sure there are no cracks in the grommets.
Looking at it again def. sounds like you blew the intercooler piping apart on the first boost up. Check your connections.
Boo yah! its the maf. I forgot to put the clip on and it blew off on first boost.(newb)i had to work on the injector to. leaky. runs smooth and took it for my second drive and it was amazing although it would stall everytime i come to a stop (brake booster?) still needs tuning. and btw. its quick. the power band sucks tho only good around 5g to redline.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

if you don't have the bov recirculated it'll stall out like that. glad to see that you found the problem and that it was an easy fix. i didn't think that would've happened like that. i blow pipes apart all the time and that's exactly what happens to my car.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsmack View Post
if you don't have the bov recirculated it'll stall out like that. glad to see that you found the problem and that it was an easy fix. i didn't think that would've happened like that. i blow pipes apart all the time and that's exactly what happens to my car.
yah I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks. How would I recirculated my turbo xs bov? unlike the stock its on my coldside intake pipe , and i do have vacuum to it.
here is a picture of my set up.Thanks for the hlep again

Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

i can't see the pictures since i'm at work but you take the air that's discharged out of the bov and put back into the intake side of the turbo. most bov's need a kit in order to do it and i don't think the turbo xs one has a kit for it but i could be wrong. the stock bov location on sr's are on the cold pipe side but not on the piping and then they run tubing across the front of the motor back into the intake.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
-luong.
Leaky Injector

as of now the bov is connected to the intake manifold pipe , where the battery use to be.