Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #601
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
the sculpture/image/rendering appears to put the cab further back, while the test mule hacked off a section in the middle and pushed the two ends together (ugly!)
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #602
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well...after messing around with photoshop for a bit with the supposed new Z image...im going to have to stand my ground and say THATS NOT A Z!!!

i messed with the levels a bit in the pic to get the fenders and darker/lighter details to really stand out...THEN...ran a google search for the dear ol concept called the urge...i think we all know what that nightmare looked like

well...guess what...the urges fenders, hood, headlights, rear quater panels and A pillar trim sit DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THE SUPPOSED Z PICTURE!!!!

heres a picture to show what i mean...

and heres a clean pic of the new supposed Z...

heres the original urge concept that i used...

now i know SOME thigns are SLIGHTLY off...like the door seams in the front...and theres no continuation of the A pillar past a certain point...but look at how close the rear quarter panels and fenders are...look at the way the front of the car cuts off...there is a HUGE resemblance going on here

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #603
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good work finding us bad news. I hope it turns out better, specifically in the b/c pillar area as well as the rear end.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #604
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i think its gonna look great...everyone seems so stuck on the idea of "oh it better look like the old cars again"

the fact is...IT CANT!!!...its going to look like a very small Z in many ways...cars of today CANNOT look like cars of the 90s...PERIOD...END OF STORY

again...going over what ive posted 92 times...cars now HAVE TO BE BIGGER AND BUBBLIER DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS!!!...you can thank people who drive huge SUVS that only go to the grocery store and impale people in honda civics while drive 90 in the freeway in their 5000+lbs escalades while talking on the phone...cars of today and the future will always be bubblier and slightly bigger because of the designers HAVING TO design around safety standards

ask ANY automotive designer or design student...if you cant design around current safety standards...your car WILL NOT see the light of day....have u ever seen the way the front end of a Z completely collapses when hit head on???...or the way the rear end bunches up when rear ended??? well there are reasons for this...the more compression the front end can have because it builds up resistance VERY quickly...the less it will transfer to the rest of the car...thus keeping the passengers safe...same goes for the rear of the car...the A pillars in cars now are reinforced 100 fold over what they were in the 1990s...theyre getting to the point where the jaws of life are almost useless...what use to take the jaws of life 30 seconds now takes them 30 minutes

see my point??? cars of today WILL NEVER look like they did 15-20 years ago...so do the car world a favor...DONT BUY AN SUV OR OVERLY HUGE PICK UP!!! lol

Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #605
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
see my point??? cars of today WILL NEVER look like they did 15-20 years ago...so do the car world a favor...DONT BUY AN SUV OR OVERLY HUGE PICK UP!!! lol
Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Bravo tell him like it is, lol SFT.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #606
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Just because the urge lines up with the supposed new z, doesn't mean the new z isn't based off of it's proportions.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #607
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Just because the urge lines up with the supposed new z, doesn't mean the new z isn't based off of it's proportions.

the urge concept was meant as a entry level sports coupe geared tword YOUNGER buyers (hence the reason it had an xbox mounted in the center console)

the 350z is NOT aimed at younger buyers...its a mid level sports car...most young people cannot afford the car...32-38k is a bit pricey for those in their late teens to mid twenties

the silvia was aimed at those people...it was always titled the AFFORDABLE sports coupe...while the Z still held the same market share

so to say that car in those grainy photos is a Z is a long shot...its just too much of a coincidence that the urge lines up almost perfectly on top of it

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #608
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the urge concept was meant as a entry level sports coupe geared tword YOUNGER buyers (hence the reason it had an xbox mounted in the center console)

the 350z is NOT aimed at younger buyers...its a mid level sports car...most young people cannot afford the car...32-38k is a bit pricey for those in their late teens to mid twenties

the silvia was aimed at those people...it was always titled the AFFORDABLE sports coupe...while the Z still held the same market share

so to say that car in those grainy photos is a Z is a long shot...its just too much of a coincidence that the urge lines up almost perfectly on top of it
I'm not saying the target demographic for the Z has changed, I'm saying it's no coincidence that they line up, as a cost saving effort. Same wheelbase, just with Z styling etc etc.

I'm just pointing something it out, and you're probably right. *shrug*

In any case, i'm just happy that we're getting smaller, lighter and more nimble sport coupes being sold in the U.S. market. It's a win win situation.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #609
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
In any case, i'm just happy that we're getting smaller, lighter and more nimble sport coupes being sold in the U.S. market. It's a win win situation.

true that!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:32 PM   #610
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
When I said I didn't like the rear end I just meant the way it's shaped. I actually like the rear of G35s and 350Zs.

The shape of the Urge always reminded me more of a 2 seater 510 than a Silvia or 240sx. If they can keep the twin(meaning fast back and coupe) lines going I think the Urge's style will work.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #611
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I actually have liked the shape of the Urge since I first saw it. Some people can't see past the crazy, non practical concept design cues to see what a production version of the car would look like.

I can.

And I like what I see.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #612
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I like the Urge I just want to see what they will do with the roof line and rear quarter of the car. I like it with the 350Z style doors and fenders.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #613
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
on the new silvia design, I am not really into the front grill vent things, and it looks a little too fat, in a tall sort of way. i wish it sat lower. and was not so chunky.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #614
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I am suprised people skipped over what Mel quoted back on 5/5

Started taking a look at Variable Compression.. looks like saab was one of the first to bring about this idea back in the day and back in 06 started producing a motor with the concept

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/press/000318.html
Quote:
Engine displacement 1.598 liter
Number of cylinders 5
Cylinder bore 68 mm
Piston stroke 88 mm
Compression ratio 8:1 to 14:1, depending on engine load
Max. compressor boost pressure 2.8 bar (40 psi)
Max. monohead tilt angle 4 degrees
Maximum torque 224 Ib.-ft.
Maximum horsepower 225 hp
Runs on a supercharger fyi

by the sounds of things... if they go head with this idea then its not a MR engine or a VQ... its another new series of motors.

Overall idea is fuel economy and of course power/response
Here is a hint from nissan on an idea with turbo being noticeably pointed out

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECH...N/DETAILS/VCR/

by the looks of things nissan is knocking out motors and replacing them with new designs like none other, example vq series 1, series 2, HR, then VHR, and lastly the reintroduction of the VR

a turbo 1.8 with some sort of cam/lift profile changer, direct injection, vcr, and turbo.... may produce a 200~275hp motor with fuel economy not being sacrificed... and curb weight being monitored

this may turn out interesting, lets hope for the best.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #615
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I can see this new infiniti taking a shape similar to the BMW Z4 coupe.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #616
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Good call CKAMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I can see this new infiniti taking a shape similar to the BMW Z4 coupe.
Me too. They said that it will take on a shape that doesn't exist in the segment. Seeing how the segment currently consists of the 1 Series and the Genesis I think we see something a little more low slung and sleek.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #617
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

New News from Nissan and Infiniti.

From Autoblog:

Carlos Ghosn assembled the press this morning in Japan to announce Nissan/Infiniti's financial results for 2007, and despite sales in Japan dropping by 2.5-percent last year, global sales are up by 8.2-percent, with a 3.0-percent increase in U.S. sales and a massive 17.9-percent bump in Europe. All told, Nissan took in $94.62 billion last year, with a $6.91 billion operating profit. Nissan attributes its successes abroad to the release of 11 new models worldwide, including the Altima Coupe, GT-R, Murano, Infiniti EX CUV and G37 coupe.

The automaker has its sights set firmly on the future, with a five-year plan that focuses on three key commitments: quality leadership, an industry leading zero-emissions vehicle program and a five-percent growth in revenue between 2008 and 2012. The program is called Nissan "GT" 2012, with the "G" standing for "growth" and the "T" for "trust." To achieve those goals, Nissan will be expanding with Infiniti's launch in Europe, along with pushing further into developing markets like India, the Middle East, Brazil, China and Russia. Leading the charge will be 60 all-new models released in the next five years and the debut of 15 new technologies each year from 2009 onwards.

While we're already familiar with most of the vehicles Nissan and Infiniti intends to release in the coming year (Qashqai+2, new Z), two models were officially confirmed: an Infiniti G37 convertible (rumored to sport a retractable hard top) and a "mini SUV." While there's been speculation that a G37 cabrio was on the way, the small 'ute is likely to the rumored 1-series competitor we've reported on before.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #618
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Haha what a vagina way to abbreviate "GT." Sounds like a bright future for Nissan nonetheless.

Now I'm a little confused with the "small 'ute" being the 1-series competitor. I can only imagine a CUV the size of a 1-series.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #619
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Haha what a vagina way to abbreviate "GT." Sounds like a bright future for Nissan nonetheless.

Now I'm a little confused with the "small 'ute" being the 1-series competitor. I can only imagine a CUV the size of a 1-series.
Well if you look at that teaser and then think about that, I imagine a M Coupe Shape.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #620
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

my message to nissan...

new silvia or GTFO

Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #621
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I can only imagine a CUV the size of a 1-series.
Funny you mention that....BMW is actually working on such a CUV and calling it the X1.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #622
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

just what the world needs...more SUVs and CUVs

im sorry...but ud think with the current status of GAS and resale value on SUVs/CUVs and big trucks...a new gas guzzler would be the last thing on both consumers AND car manufacturers minds

but i guess that soccer mom down the street needs a big ol SUV to take her kids to school in and get groceries with while sucking the earth dry of a resource that WILL NEVER COME BACK

Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #623
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

So this new car from Nissan could be a hybrid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBlog
We've been obsessively following the developments surrounding Nissan's rumored re-entry into the compact, RWD market, and up until now, it's been assumed that a small-displacement engine would be mounted up front, possibly fitted with a turbocharger. But according to a report by Drive.com.au, Nissan is actively considering a hybrid drivetrain to power its Silvia replacement.

The Aussie automotive news outlet spoke with Junichi Endo, Nissan's senior vice president of global marketing, who said that the automaker is trying to strike a balance between "fuel economy and driving pleasure," and that a hybrid-powered sports car has a "50-50" shot at production. However, the fate of such a vehicle hinges on the hybrid sports coupe's marketability.

While the idea certainly isn't original – Toyota is considering a gasoline-electric hybrid sports car inspired by the FT-HS concept and Honda has confirmed that the hybrid CR-Z is on its way – the move by Nissan would be a significant departure for an automaker that's kept hybrids and hybrid development at arms length, save the Altima hybrid. Additionally, Nissan maintains that if such a vehicle gains the affection of consumers, an all-electric sports car is the next logical step.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/16/r...ybrid-powered/
Old 05-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #624
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Ah, I'm not sure about the hybrid part.

Thought that article is a little off because Nissan is now embracing electric vehicles. They plan to have an all electric Volt fighter ready by 2011.

I really don't see it being a hybrid at this point. Unless it would use the "Flybrid" system.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #625
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i dont think nissan would make a mistake like that by making the new silvia a hybrid powered vehicle...they KNOW it would completely ruin their marketing stand point on the car...especially with the younger generation of buyers...tuning the car for high power output would be pratically out of the question

im betting my money on the 1.8 litre turbo or 2.0 litre turbo...toyota, subaru AND hyundai are all shooting for the entry level RWD sport coupes to attract young buyers again that cannot afford a $30,000 - $40,000 sports car...due to the SUV boom FINALLY collapsing in on itself...and the small sports coupe generation being reborn again...nissan CANNOT afford to fail at an opportunity like this...besides...a hyrbid based sportscar for them would not gain them NEARLY the kind of money they want to earn on a new silvia

my stance has changed a bit in the last week or so on the new silvia...basically all these rumors and such coming about...they need to be taken with a grain of salt...there are a FEW minor snippets of information that can easily been seen as factual

1) the new silvia WILL be built on the FM platform...no ifs ands or buts
2) the new silvia will most likely come turbo charged
3) the new silvia WILL premiere within the next year or so as a concept
4) the new silvia WILL be for sale before the end of 2010
5) the new silvia WILL be in the "affordable" range of $20,000-$25,000 usd

those 5 facts are easy to see if you watch the automotive industry and the way nissan and toyota compete against one another...the 2 biggest automobile manufacturers in japan are at CONSTANT odds with one another to get the newer, bigger, better thing out there...and the new silvia IS a reality...but dont be lead astray with what rumors you may read

the new silvia WILL be a reality before 2010 and nissan CANNOT afford to fuk it up in any way...the car will have a normal motor in it and it will look like a small Z

Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #626
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
One thing I think we can also count on is the Urge styling.

But the rest of the points you made I agree with.

What show do you think we're gonna see it at? Detroit, Chicago, LA, or Tokyo.

I think Detroit is the best option because of timing. But Tokyo would be the Silvia's true homeland. It's just that that show is so late. And keep in mind that Detroit (and the rest of the shows) is in Jan, so it's next year we'll probably see the concept. But like I said, I think we'll be seeing a "near production" concept. Nothing extreme like the Urge. A concept more like the EX, G37 concepts.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #627
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well...it seems this year will be the year of the 370Z...im gonna guess theyll be showing something at detroit...if not AT LEAST announcing it

Old 05-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #628
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
The faint pic you guys started with at the top of page 20 is not the Z.

The problem everyone is having is they think the pic is a side profile when in reality, it is a tipped side 3/4 view.

There's also a longer dash to axle on the mystery car, and a more fluid form vocabulary.

So you guys can see it better, I sketched in the lines, and filled in the blanks to round out the tipped perspective. This is kind of what is really going on with the forms (at least perspective wise) in the pic.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #629
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

^^^ nice observation there yuri...i was thinkin that pic was majorly missing something =D

now that youve added the lines around it...the car kinda mimics that straight down design study nissan posted in the red plastic lookin thing

Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #630
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
great info guys keep it coming. its going to be hard to choose between nissans new "silvia" or the toy/sub rwd car (though i dont think that one will be turbo)