Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S13 Bash Bar Dimensions

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I could get measurements of peoples bash bars and what degree bends seem to work best for people. I would buy one off the shelf but imo they're outrageously priced for all of about $30 of material.

So, any information is welcome!
Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
True very true but you'll have to consider this break down.

Material
Labor
Paint
20%-40% Mark Up

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
True very true but you'll have to consider this break down.

Material
Labor
Paint
20%-40% Mark Up
As I work in the industry I do, hence why I bought a welder and am involved in a paint business. I'm not saying the prices need to be lowed at any companies, they obliviously have the market in a great place for them financially.

What I'm trying to say here is that no matter what it'll be cheaper for me to produce my own given my resources and would just like some insight for when I order my materials.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I understand your point as I design and engineer costume products as well as you do in the same industry. i do prefer to do it myself which i know it'll cost less. as you would presume i use my own welders to make myself.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:30 AM   #5
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just copied the curvature of the bumper so that the bar fits snug up inside. I tried to make it so it curved round enough to go under the front wings and offer a bit of side/corner protection, as that's the part of the car you are gonna jam in someones door when twinning.so if you have an s13 with pop ups it may help save your headlamps.
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Tulok
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Tulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I could get measurements of peoples bash bars and what degree bends seem to work best for people. I would buy one off the shelf but imo they're outrageously priced for all of about $30 of material.

As I work in the industry I do, hence why I bought a welder and am involved in a paint business.
_______
given my resources and would just like some insight for when I order my materials.
if you're really as smart as you say you are then make one from scratch lol. All this asking about a simple tube to hold up a bumper, smh. get a car, bend a tube that fits a bumper, make other tubes to hold it to the car. imagine that! given your resources we should've asked you!
Tulok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulok View Post
if you're really as smart as you say you are then make one from scratch lol. All this asking about a simple tube to hold up a bumper, smh. get a car, bend a tube that fits a bumper, make other tubes to hold it to the car. imagine that! given your resources we should've asked you!
Well seeing as I don't own a bumper, this was more a question to see what measurements were common across multiple cars with different set-ups so that I could make the best "universal" bar that I could given that I don't own a bumper or have a kit in particular that I plan on running while also getting an idea for the amount of material to purchase.

Now given your condescending attitude I'll just assume that you're ignorant to the business in my signature as well as the stuff I generally post on this forum, regardless thank you for the bump.