Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
sil80forme can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sil80forme
s14 rhd conversion in s13 differ from last thread!

ok i got an s13, my friend has a jdm s14 front clip, can i swap my front suspension off my s13 onto the s14 once its on the car, so i dont have to go find two 5 lug wheels? how will all that work out? what needs to be done to make this conversion work? any ideas thanx i would really like to buy it from him since i dealt with him before and i havent been able to find a good s13 fornt clip that i can go and pick up like this one.
sil80forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
can i swap my front suspension off my s13 onto the s14 once its on the car,
This is very confusing for me. Why would you put your s13 suspension on a S14 front clip? Also, what do you mean, "once it's on the car"? Once what's on the car? The front clip? I'm really confused if you're talkin about welding a S14 front clip to a S13 rear.

In short, I'm just really confused.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

sil80forme can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to sil80forme
i dunno what i am tryin to say, i just know that s14 has 5 lug, and if i replacethe front end steering rack etc. not weld the whole thing to my s13 rear just replace the fire walls. i will have a rhd with 5 lug i dont want 5 lug i wanna keep 4 lug. so thats what i am tryin to figure out what i need to do to keep 4 lug
sil80forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80forme
i dunno what i am tryin to say, i just know that s14 has 5 lug, and if i replacethe front end steering rack etc. not weld the whole thing to my s13 rear just replace the fire walls. i will have a rhd with 5 lug i dont want 5 lug i wanna keep 4 lug. so thats what i am tryin to figure out what i need to do to keep 4 lug
OMG.

- ok, first, WHY would you want to ditch your 5 lug for 4?
- WHY do you want do go RHD? Is it going to be streeted or a carpet queen?
- Replace just the firewall.... what? THere's a lot more involved than that
- are you saying all S14's have 5 lug, or the particular clip you're looking at?
- when you say "suspension" how much are u talking about? coils/dampers or all the control arms and knuckles, etc too?
- if you're just welding the firewall how is the suspension involved at all?

I'm really confused too...

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sell your car before you hurt yourself or others
Old 03-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #6
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undercoverdjay
ok, he knows he has to change the rack over (im doing this same conversion), but there is no point in just "cutting and welding the firewall" thats a structural part of the car and not in your best intrest to mess with. The difference between your firewall and that of the clip are the mounting tabs for dash board supports and the holes for the heater lines. Everything else will route through the existing holes. The tabs need to be marked on your firewall where they need to go, cut off the clip and one by one welded on to your firewall. This is the hardest part of the conversion. The rest is literally bolt on. As far as the 5 lug goes, just change it out with your 4 lug front hubs. Simple. 1 cotter key, and a 30mm nut. Then ship your 5 lug hubs over to me for reviving this thread.
undercoverdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80forme
You are the stupidest person alive. Ever. You don't cut a car in half and weld it back together, especially two completely different cars. The finished job will be about as rigid as a piece of 4x12 sheetrock.

To make a car RHD you would only need the steering rack, column, pedals, and firewall, nothing underneath will be touched, meaning you will NOT swap the crossmember, suspension, hubs, spindles, anything, it will all remain the same.

Grafting an S14 firewall into an S13 is going to be near imposible due to the differences in the chassis and the line up points and the changes between the mounting points for the column.

So basically you're about as educated as a tree stump.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
undercoverdjay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
undercoverdjay is making a name for him/her selfundercoverdjay is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undercoverdjay
well you do need to switch the steering rack over, i believe thats what hes referring to. But no need to swap a firewall out.
undercoverdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:48 PM   #9
my240iguanas
BANNED

my240iguanas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to my240iguanas
[QUOTE=R240NA]You are the stupidest person alive. Ever. You don't cut a car in half and weld it back together, especially two completely different cars. The finished job will be about as rigid as a piece of 4x12 sheetrock.

To make a car RHD you would only need the steering rack, column, pedals, and firewall, nothing underneath will be touched, meaning you will NOT swap the crossmember, suspension, hubs, spindles, anything, it will all remain the same.

i have to agree you are a genius , but maybe your a newb. I hear you can cut a car in half , but you gotta put it back together with electrical tape , thats the only thing strong enough to hold. now as far as your 5-lug thing goes just take the s14 spindles and brakes and your good to go. AND DONT EVER CUT A CAR IN HALF , thats just makes you a wanna be, if you want JDM RHD you import a JDM pimp mobile you dont make one . 180sx`s dont have power seatbelts , they dont have those red running lights by the bumper , and most important they were NEVER USDM!!
my240iguanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #10
s13gonwild
BANNED

s13gonwild is an unknown quantity at this point
you can cut a car inhalf and reweld it...it will just never be the same...and i think you need an s13 front clip cut..s14 is wider than the s13 it wouldnt line up.
s13gonwild is offline   Reply With Quote