Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Flaco S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Flaco S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
s13 clutch pedal into s14 info!

ok i decided to keep my s14 and i finished the 5speed swap on it last night, i was really happy with the swap especially since i got a aluminum driveshaft from phase2 trust me it makes a diffrence. well everything was fine except one thing the clutch pedal kept releasing to high i know you could adjust the rod that connects the master cylinder to the pedal but i turn it counter clockwise as far as it can go but still it was really high so i was thinking about it all day and i came back from dinner and i thought to myself why not put some washers in between the pedal and the firewall through the inside! so i tried it and bam it worked like a charm it realeses perfect and if i want more adjustment i can give it more. SO HERE IT IS THE S13 CLUTCH PEDAL WORKS ON A S14 BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT WASHERS ABOUT 1INCH TO 1 1/2INCH ON THE STUDS OF THE CLUTCH PEDAL IF NOT IT WILL RELEASE ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP AND MAKE IT REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE well i hope this helps somebody out there. and for the long rum i recommend an aluminum driveshaft.
Flaco S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
LibertySyclone

Trader Rating: (0)
LibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
+Rep

Thanks for answering this burning question!
LibertySyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hell yeah, pics?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
steelmanac

Trader Rating: (0)
steelmanac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can also thread nuts all the way onto the studs of the S13 pedal bracket. Since the studs are not threaded all the way, the nuts stop in the just the right place to make everything line up perfect.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
did you use the s14 or s13 master cylinder i read somewhere that the lenght of the shafts are different on the s14 and s13
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
aznrib
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
aznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
did you use the s14 or s13 master cylinder i read somewhere that the lenght of the shafts are different on the s14 and s13
that is correct. If you are using a s14 master cylinder and a s13 pedal, you will have to almost max out the rod
aznrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
NoLimitslja

Trader Rating: (2)
NoLimitslja is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Will this work if you're using a s13 clutch and master on a s14?
NoLimitslja is offline   Reply With Quote