Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Do you actually drift in the hills alogn narrow roads?
Yes, I have skills and a set of brass ones. 46 21.10%
No, I don't trust my skills. 74 33.94%
Only on sections where there is margin for error. 98 44.95%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #31
Neo Yakra
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Neo Yakra is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my S-14 is practically born to drift, i just help her along...I dont down hill...but uphill is another question...i spend all my extra money on my car and its not because i can its because i cant....drifting/driving is the most amazing feeling...its what i love!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #32
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
[QUOTE=rpsports]u used to love drifting every intersection when cruising around town, before the cops started investigating us. lol[/QUOT

Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 AM   #33
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow. Lots of BS in this thread.

Drifting on touge is plain stupid. I do it sometimes on downhill hairpins because its so damn easy. However, its usually a much better idea to grip the corners. There is really no reason to pretend you're Fujiwara Takumi out there.

Track drifting (not wussy parking lot stuff) is way hard though and I wish I were better at it. Also provides that margin for error that is so lacking on touge. I'd rather understeer into some dirt runoff than hit the side of a mountain.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #34
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
There are only 2 turns on my mountain run where i can "drift" but i cant nail them all the time. Of course there are times when i'm driving sideways a lot of turns but unless i enter the turn sideways i dont consider it a "drift". 5 days after driving my ae86 i was already getting more sideways than my s13 which i have had for almost 2 years. So those of you out there with 86's, if you dont slide, you arent going fast enough. It's too easy with a rolla..too bad i sold it. I'm surprised Takumi hasnt replied to this thread yet... where are you?
Old 06-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #35
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl
Wow. Lots of BS in this thread.

Drifting on touge is plain stupid. I do it sometimes on downhill hairpins because its so damn easy. However, its usually a much better idea to grip the corners. There is really no reason to pretend you're Fujiwara Takumi out there.

Track drifting (not wussy parking lot stuff) is way hard though and I wish I were better at it. Also provides that margin for error that is so lacking on touge. I'd rather understeer into some dirt runoff than hit the side of a mountain.
Why not drift touge if you are good enough? Maybe you aren't good enough, but there are plenty of people who are and who use it to progress as a driver in between track events. It's not like there are track events on every weekday. You gotta practice somehow and touge makes you so much more consistant because it forces you to perfect your skills. Take what you learn on the track and apply it to the touge and then take what you learn on the touge and apply it to the track. Track/Touge/Track compliment each other nicely.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #36
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
There is nothing you learn on touge that you can't learn on the track. Unless your track has dangerous cliffs you can fall off of. Then maybe you can practice crashing and burning.

The only way to get better at track racing is to.... (OMG, logic!)... go practice on the track.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:57 AM   #37
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Chernobyl, I think I've learned a few things on the touge that I haven't been able to learn on the track. First off, typically there are more elevation changes on the touge than on a track. For uphill, you need to take in mad speed and use lots of throttle to change angle mid drift. For downhill, you take less speed and use more steering work to keep yourself on the road and proceed to throttle out. I don't think I would be able to learn that stuff at any of the tracks around here that are available for drifting. Like I said before, I think touge teaches a person to be more consistant than at a track. No margin for error means that you have to be extremely focused on what you are doing. You can learn that on a track for sure but probably not to the same extent as being on a narrow windy road.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #38
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
drifting is lame...
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
Old 06-04-2004, 04:21 PM   #39
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Flybert, I agree to a point. Last time I was at a real track (PMI in Pueblo, Colorado) I felt so comfortable and quit paying attention. Then after a few hard laps trying to keep up with a friend of mine (who's really experienced, I stood no chance) I overheated my brakes and went for a little off road excursion. This would have never happened on touge, because I simply won't push that hard in the mountains. What I'm trying to say is the track gives you a safe feeling and you are more liable to make mistakes. That I agree with you on.

However, practicing your skills at 100% on touge is just asking for trouble. I know this personally.

Halo, drifting is not lame. Be a litle more open-minded. Most guys that I know that are into drift are also very into autox and SCCA time trials. Perhaps its different where you live, but here we try to make drifting just a fun activity to kill some time between classic forms of racing. In the end, its all just for fun.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:31 PM   #40
ronny5
Zilvia Member

ronny5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i tried 2 times at drift day, not relaly into. i did ok, but eh, i think track racing is way funner =D so no i don really drift
Old 06-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #41
Big Perm

Big Perm is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in the heart of the blue ridge mountains - there are more curvy mountain passes than you can shake a stick at.

I have only had my 240 running for a few months. I'm not really keen on the idea of sliding blindly around a blind corner and meeting the all too common Tahoe or Suburban that seems to be around every corner. In a parking lot or late at night around a very visable turn - sure. mountain pass no!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #42
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Right into the curb.

What are these mountains you talk of?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:30 PM   #43
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
i'm a poser!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #44
Flybert
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATrice
i'm a poser!!!
HA, you don't have to tell anyone that, everybody already knows. AHAHA.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:12 PM   #45
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for affirming that Chris!!! I'm trying my hardest to be a true poser these days... it's good to know people are noticing!!!

If you're going to DD17 I'll see you there!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:49 PM   #46
Flybert
Post Whore!

I'll be hard parking on saturday and competing on sunday. When I registered for the event, there wasn't an option to select "poser", only novice, intermediate, and advance. I was very disappointed that I wouldn't be classified correctly. See you there man.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #47
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
I've only drifted once man it felt good.....All the times before that i'll just swing the butt out and basically just slide through the corner without using the gas pedal at all or (Or very very little)..
Old 06-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #48
Idratherbsidewayz

Idratherbsidewayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Driver39
no...not really interested to...except occassional shinanigans in the rain
Id like to try it but don't feel like wearing my tires or stock suspension. And having one wheel spinning ain't the safest thing...

In the rain I powerslide. I have done one successful drift and it was initiated by accident. Im too scared to wreck my car or another on the street so I don't try it very often...
Old 06-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #49
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
I don't drift, I just lose control, and counter steer frantically.

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
Old 06-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #50
Fibercus
BANNED

Fibercus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fibercus
I drifted a spot we went too for many months, it was a perfect, but complex turn. I started getting more consistant, more sideways, little faster .. etc etc. But I forgot what it ultimately came down too - simple fact its not as controlled (environment wise) as any track event and shit happens, shit you dont expect. - and all it took was a patch of dirt a tad larger then i expected. (piled up after many runs with some friends and myself.) to turn my life upsidedown... litterally.

My white s14, ive had for roughly 6yrs. S14 sr, Tein HE's, etcetc...

hard to explain the turn, but when I started taking it up a notch, it all came down to last second traction predictabilty to save my ass from hitting the embankment (spelling). On my last attempt i did loose it, hit the side, honestly figured i would only get some quarter damage (suspension, etc) but little did I know the little lipwas enough to toss me upsidedown. I did have my windows down, and I always do in the canyons, but i wasnt phuysically prepared for being tossed upsidedown. I instinctively throw my left hand in the air, (big no no, grab your harness, grab your nuts, grab anything to keep them in!) I dont know how it happen but I managed to slice my hand open (7cm long by 3cm wide) to the bone, severing 2 tendons for my thumb. I climbed out, thought everything was ok - everyone ran up and asked me if im cool. I said "yep, np." then i heard the sound of pouring water (blood) looked down and realized this was not a close call like the many times before. (you only have so many close calls b4 something is bound to happen).

long story short. hospital 4 2days, plastic surgery, much pain, all the shit that comes with recovery. I should be 4-6month before I get ful movement of my thumb again. - And I consider myself very very lucky.

Sorry for the long post, ive never posted about the whole incident, but thought id do a short summary of what happened to me. Im little to busy to go thru and clean it up a bit. hope it makes sense.

Last edited by Fibercus; 06-18-2004 at 10:43 AM..
Old 06-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #51
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Damn Marcus... I'm sorry to hear that bro... I'm glad you're still alive though!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:21 PM   #52
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
yeah every now and then, when sliding too much results in the use of countersteering, so if that's a drift, then im a MFDN... yeahhhhhhh
Old 06-22-2004, 04:46 PM   #53
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Take it to the track people.. Be a track bum like me, Its fun...
Old 06-22-2004, 04:58 PM   #54
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KoukiS14
no...and its that I don't trust my skills...I just haven't tired yet...nor am I interested to.
W3RD GRIP>drift
Old 06-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #55
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808
Take it to the track people.. Be a track bum like me, Its fun...
I would if i had the money and the time...I'd seriously be there almost every weekend.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #56
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Im a track bitch, and my car is a track hore. I love it
Old 07-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #57
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
i drift.. seriously. I went to my first real trackday and i drifted. i wish i had some video footage cause i know you dont believe me
Old 07-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #58
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
No. I drift DISHONESTLY!
Old 07-24-2004, 11:37 PM   #59
AAA240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AAA240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13

Drifting is GAY. Fuk dat shit, just drive ur damn car.

For any1 that tries to "drift" in neighborhoods, you queer ass bitch.
Somebody in a 240 almost hit my little brother trying to "DORI DORI" on my curvey ass street.
Bitches...Do ur practicing in a secluded area...That way the pigeons can shit on it.

Initial D is cool, but don't try to drive like the characters in it. If u think u can...Drive with a cup full of steaming hot coffee and try to "drift" without it spilling. Learn a lesson posers...

Oh yea, and if ur running an open diff. Ur not drifting: ur dragging half of ur car's ass around.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #60
sil40sx
BANNED

sil40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i like to do what i can at huge open parking lots, the one where i work has a good turn and alot of open space with no parked cars. the ground is rough though, so that sucks, but i just mess around, if i get a good slide im stoked. i would really like a parking lot with cones, but around here, that doesnt happen. i recently drifited my wifes jetta into a dairy, actually i didnt drift into it, i pretty much just drove into it.
Closed Thread