Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Z32 2+2 ebrake cable bracket

So, I'm almost done with the e brake on the s13.

Got the 2+2 cables and all that.

I've been sarching around and it seems I need a bracket made so that it pushes the mounting point back a bit. As it sits, there is just way too much slack in the lines to work properly.

Question is: Does anybody have pictures of the bracket you made for this to work on the s13.

Thanks.

Sorry for "new guy" question.
Please don't respond if you just want to tell me to search.
I did already.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
I thought there was a version of the z32 cables that bolts right on for the s13?

The majority of people I have seen use those small cable clamps.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Here's mine. Someone makes these and sell. You should just buy them. They fit great.
Google 'Z32 to S13 E-brake cable adapters'

94_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
So, I'm almost done with the e brake on the s13.

Got the 2+2 cables and all that.

I've been sarching around and it seems I need a bracket made so that it pushes the mounting point back a bit. As it sits, there is just way too much slack in the lines to work properly.

Question is: Does anybody have pictures of the bracket you made for this to work on the s13.

Thanks.

Sorry for "new guy" question.
Please don't respond if you just want to tell me to search.
I did already.

Hey Brian. I think Bradabe makes them. PM me if you want his information.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
don't remember which type of Z32 cables I used when
I did my swap years ago but I didn't need any brackets
just used some rubber clamps
worked great too.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
looks just like a piece of metal with two holes in it, some random hardware store stuff locking nut spacer joints, and peanut butta jellay!

baaaaaaaaaam.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
looks just like a piece of metal with two holes in it, some random hardware store stuff locking nut spacer joints
Thats all I used for mine. I did mine EXACTLY like that picture shown.

I bought a bracket from from the store, test fit the cables to find out where I needed my holes and then just drilled it out. There is however VERY LIMITED space to fit your fingers to hold the nut above the bracket.
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Thanks dudes.

I think I'll just buy those brackets.

94 240sx - posi rep for the photo. Thank you much.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can't justify buying that bracket, but every time i see it, I wonder if it has any stops on it, too prevent the cable from turning or the bracket from changing positions. It does appear to have some R&D, placing the cable further back allows for (OEM) adjustment.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Thanks dudes.

I think I'll just buy those brackets.

94 240sx - posi rep for the photo. Thank you much.
I emailed the guy and he sells them for $50:
Z32 to S13 E-brake cable adapters: Fabricators' Market: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
Brian
Post Whore!

Holy shit

$50....

I might have to make my own.

That is highway robbery!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Holy shit

$50....

I might have to make my own.

That is highway robbery!
LOL! here is some thick metal with holes, 50 dollars... anybody? anybody? *crickets* tons of R&D went into this, machinery required... Metal drill bits, drill, drill press if you're ballin, sharpies for measuring by the eye, removing driveshaft.

Not for the faint at heart.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
I wonder if it has any stops on it, too prevent the cable from turning or the bracket from changing positions.
It does have stops on it using holes on the floor panel. I'm pretty good at fabricating stuff, but I didn't want to go through finding material, driving around, drilling, cutting, test fitting...etc when there was a bolt on part already available.
94_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
LOL! here is some thick metal with holes, 50 dollars... anybody? anybody? *crickets* tons of R&D went into this, machinery required... Metal drill bits, drill, drill press if you're ballin, sharpies for measuring by the eye, removing driveshaft.

Not for the faint at heart.
It's a matter of choice. If you wanna make them, go for it. If you wanna buy them then you're not an idiot because you did. Some people would just not rather deal with it.

I might make them myself since I have a drill press and some thick metal bracket pieces, or I might just buy them because I don't like wrenching on my car as much as I used to.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
It's a matter of choice. If you wanna make them, go for it. If you wanna buy them then you're not an idiot because you did. Some people would just not rather deal with it.

I might make them myself since I have a drill press and some thick metal bracket pieces, or I might just buy them because I don't like wrenching on my car as much as I used to.
I agree, I hate working on my car as well, but I also hate having a dry penis jammed into my ass. For $50 anyone with tools could make a dozen pair of those things and have change for beer.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Well, I'd rather fab a set than have that. Exit only here. BTW since it's the holidays eat a dickcheese Russ haha

You're still awesome after all these years...

Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #17
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hahahahaha
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
but I also hate having a dry penis jammed into my ass. For $50
dude... there is a line... haha
Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #19
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I also hate having a dry penis jammed into my ass.
sorry i had to re quote this!!!!! ahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't the R33 cables bolt right in?
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #21
Brian
Post Whore!

apparently r33 cables are for s14 use.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
This is the template I've been using.

Works great.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Don't the R33 cables bolt right in?
For S14s.

message length

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
JTunedMotorsports
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (65)
JTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JTunedMotorsports
i have pics il post up tomarrow..i made 2 brackets, best example is if u put ure middle and ring fingers together..width and length is close.
JTunedMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 AM   #25
JTunedMotorsports
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (65)
JTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JTunedMotorsports
is this carmo buy on nico still selling the brackets??
JTunedMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
Brian
Post Whore!

Yeah I think he is.
I emailed him but he only wanted to accept money order and wouldn't ship them until everything was cashed and whatnot.
(this is fine, but I don't want to wait a couple weeks)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #27
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
From what I know, if you have access to a welder, you can just drill two holes through the floor and just weld the bolts that go through the stock Z32 bracket.. Easiest way to do it especially if the car is stripped back there.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #28
Brian
Post Whore!

No can do sir.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
alzahakar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
alzahakar has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
***edit***

reading > me

I need caffeine.

Last edited by alzahakar; 01-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: my own stupidity
alzahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #30
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
This is the template I've been using.

Works great.
I'm About to make an adapter plate like this, can you tell me what the spacing of holes should be? Thanks in advance!
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote