Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Solid aluminum differential bushings....such a pain in the ass!

Any suggestions on how to press/squeeze in the two bigger bushings that go into the subframe towards the back of the diff?

I am exhausted, and my body is killing me.....just have to get those in tomorrow morning and start reassembling

Beginning stuff wasn't too bad (considering my friends were using the jackstands, so i only had the rear wheels about 3 inches off the ground).

The 4 bushings that go in near the nose were cake.

THEN I got to the 2 bushing that are pressed into the subframe.

I literally spent 3 hours with a torch and a pick-edged screwdriver trying to get just ONE bushing out.

Finally, got it out (the rubber and inner metal part), just leaving the outer metal edge of the bushing.

We took a saw-zaw to that, and put a cut in it, and then were able to easily pop it out.

HOW IN THE FUCK do I get the bigger bushings in (without a professional press)?

I have already tried torching the subframe a bit, and the bushings sat in the freezer over night, and still couldn't really get them in.

Any tips?

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links