Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #31
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Drifting is stupid.

Skidracing is where it's at.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #32
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i saw on motormavens that a site was taking shots at hella flush and the whole stance movement with negative remarks
WEBMINING> Offset Offensive from Toronto – MotorMavens

Its really the people who push shit too extreme with their cars that brings down the whole bunch related to it.. Im pretty sure same thing with the people here who are claiming they hate drifting, they probably got turned off overall by a few bad examples.

We're on the same page. I like the art and concept of drift. I just don't like the types of ppl in the drift scene and some of their automotive styling trends, like 'Drift damage FTW!!!' .... WTF, I guess...

IMO, the Honda scene has really calmed down alot and gotten more mature. I'll be happy when the drift crowd does the same.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #33
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
IMO, the Honda scene has really calmed down alot and gotten more mature.
I wish it would do that over here. I think it all depends on where you live and the community's IQ level.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
Drifting is stupid.

Skidracing is where it's at.
Im a skidracer too. Whats your name?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #35
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Yeah, missile cars are gay! lol.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
good point, i was originally going to touch upon that part about drivers preference. im all for drivers choosing to drive the way they personally enjoy.. getting the back loose around a turn is great fun.

its all the vinyl stickers on windshields, the giant stretched tires, 2-way diffs so you break traction easier, the missile cars, the people who trash chassis and throw them away like used condoms... that part of the 240 scene has to change
See now this is a better statement on your part rather than your thoughtless statement of drifting is dumb.
There are things that the current kids who are into drifting do that you think are dumb. It does not mean drifting in and of itself is dumb.

Perhaps you should have thought about your original statement before making it and making yourself look like a thoughtless troll that does not value achievement at all.

Plus stating that its dumb is not going to change the scene. You are wasting your words on closed ears. Once something has changed you cannot expect it to go back to how it was. That just doesn't happen.

Its like how the Original Rave scene was in the early 90's. It was all about the music and how it brought everyone together regardless of color, preference etc..
The music brought them together to Dance and they left their societal bullshit at the door. Eventually though it became large and people who just wanted a place to take drugs came. Next thing you know the vibe was gone it changed.

It was great for awhile but it changed. Its not the same anymore . What do you do cry about how it sucks now? Or grow and move on? Crying about how it sucks is not going to change what it has become.

So you grow and move on. Life is ever changing not constant. Don't like what has happened with 240's move on. There are other cars out there that are fun as well.

Its really not going to go back to what it was for a long time. Maybe in ten years when the cars are rare and the kids have moved on. Not now though.

So that pretty much sums up the fact that you are pining for something that is over. Get over it and stop making threads pining about it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #37
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Function-styled, vinyl'd out drift cars suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #38
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i hate how 90% of people don't know what it is, they pull the ebrake and do a 180 or the rear end gets a little squirly around a corner and they say it's drifting lol

but like anything else, it's just a matter of what is your definition of fun. Some people like doing 1/4 mile passes in under 10 sec, some people like pulling 2 G's around corners in F1 cars, some people like jumping out of airplanes with parachutes which may sound kinda stupid lol

but fun doesn't have to make sense even though it means driving a car sideways and burning through expensive tires lol
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #39
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
People who feel the need to classify everything as either black or white are a pet peeve of mine.

I like drifting, but it seems that the only acceptable options are to either make fun of it, or to be completely obsessed with it.
On one side, I have people automatically calling me a JDM import ricer drifter fanboy, saying what a waste of a race car chassis my 240SX is, talking about how I am not a real man unless I drag/autocross/rally/whatever their favorite form of 'real' driving or proper car modifying is. On the other side I have people telling me how my car is not properly set up for drifting, what a waste of a drift car chassis my 240SX is, suspension geometry tire pressure angle knuckle rod something brand name whatever missile car wall scraping going through three cars a year to hone the important life skill of drifting blah blah blah.
Leave me alone. I do not want to be associated with either of you. I like to drive my good-for-nothing drift race car down the street to buy a hot dog.

Last edited by Matej; 02-28-2010 at 11:50 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #40
91drftr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
91drftr has made poor choices91drftr has made poor choices91drftr has made poor choices91drftr has made poor choices91drftr has made poor choices91drftr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
damn how can u not like drifting? its the sh** ill pic drifting over any othe type of racing.....its everything u can ask from the race industry put together into one if u ask me...

but how about the idiots in hondas who find out someone drifts then try to impress them or show off by saying they drift too and that they have done it and their idea of drifting is pulling their e brake and make the car do a180 or something like that which is nowhere close
to what it is lol.....how many of u had someone tell them something like this before?? shits hilarious
Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #41
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91drftr View Post
damn how can u not like drifting? its the sh** ill pic drifting over any othe type of racing.....its everything u can ask from the race industry put together into one if u ask me...

but how about the idiots in hondas who find out someone drifts then try to impress them or show off by saying they drift too and that they have done it and their idea of drifting is pulling their e brake and make the car do a180 or something like that which is nowhere close
to what it is lol.....how many of u had someone tell them something like this before?? shits hilarious

Ranger, is this what you're talking about? ^
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #42
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
^^hahaha!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #43
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240XTC View Post
Im a skidracer too. Whats your name?

JDM DK.

I'm # 1.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #44
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
See now this is a better statement on your part rather than your thoughtless statement of drifting is dumb.
There are things that the current kids who are into drifting do that you think are dumb. It does not mean drifting in and of itself is dumb.

Perhaps you should have thought about your original statement before making it and making yourself look like a thoughtless troll that does not value achievement at all.

........edit cropped out............lots of other good insight..............

Its really not going to go back to what it was for a long time. Maybe in ten years when the cars are rare and the kids have moved on. Not now though.

So that pretty much sums up the fact that you are pining for something that is over. Get over it and stop making threads pining about it.

ha im not wishing the 240 scene was like what it was back in 2002 or something when parts were scarce, info wasnt everywhere, and all that

i want the 240 scene to grow up and chill out like that other poster said about the honda scene...

im married to my 240 for all extensive purposes, 7 good years and im going to make it survive...

the classic porsche scene is much like what i want 240s to become... everyone is more chilled out and focused on getting things done right... (check out pelicanparts.com forum) not flashing around with loud ass pipes and slapping overfenders onto drift-damaged rear quarters rather then learning bodywork and welding in good metal.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #45
240XTC
BANNED

Quote:
JDM DK.

I'm # 1.
Can you teach me? My friends always drift in my integra.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #46
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

People who buy beat to shit s13s are totally gonna be as cool, smart and nostalgic as people who buy cars for 40k+. Sure

lmao
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #47
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240XTC View Post
Can you teach me? My friends always drift in my integra.
No.

You go drift naaaaaow.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #48
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Well said.

People who feel the need to classify everything as either black or white are a pet peeve of mine.

I like drifting, but it seems that the only acceptable options are to either make fun of it, or to be completely obsessed with it.
On one side, I have people automatically calling me a JDM import ricer drifter fanboy, talking about how I am not a real man unless I drag/autocross/rally/whatever their favorite form of 'real' driving or proper car modifying is. On the other side I have people telling me how my car is not properly set up for drifting, suspension geometry tire pressure angle knuckle rod something brand name whatever missile car wall scraping going through three cars a year to hone the important life skill of drifting blah blah blah.
Leave me alone. I do not want to be associated with either of you.
I love this post. The man of wisdom avoids all extremes. The grey area in the middle is where I'm comfy. Even on things like wheel/tire fitment. I'm somewhere in the middle between stretched tires and maximum rubber. I think there are cool elements from both the camps, whether they be drift or grip dedicated, that could be used to inspire some great & all around fun cars.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #49
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
drifting is not dumb.
people are dumb.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #50
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
drifting is not dumb.
broke people, who are mad at the world that they don't have money to fuck off, and all they do is cry about it, are dumb.

I love you.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #51
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I blame the inland empire, too many idiots out here.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #52
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
What I hate MORE is the idiots that you meet and have car conversation with ALWAYS have a "SR12" or SKYLINE swap in a 240 they USED to have but sold before they met you.

Quote:
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #53
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Drifting is stupid.

Ice skating.........now there's a real sport.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #54
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Drifting is stupid.

Chess.........now there's a real sport.
Fixed.

msglngth

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #55
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Damn you must loveeee the I.E. Because your always talking about it I would lovvvvvveeee to meet you & talk to you in person about this issue you have with the I.E.???

Because that seems to be what your always talking about?

Where the hell do you live that so special?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #56
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Haha broooo I do agree with that, however I think it's really just the scene as a whole that's full of idiots sadly.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #57
240XTC
BANNED

Quote:
No.

You go drift naaaaaow.
But I just got my JDM beginners badge.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #58
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
drifting is marketed wrong in america.

that is all.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #59
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
Quote:
this is what makes it dumb...people always gotta talk shiet on everyone other than them selfs. Be and let be bro. for real. you'll be happier, trust.

Quote:
I love you.
hahaha
that's what i meant!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #60
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
Damn you must loveeee the I.E. Because your always talking about it I would lovvvvvveeee to meet you & talk to you in person about this issue you have with the I.E.???

Because that seems to be what your always talking about?

Where the hell do you live that so special?
I live in the I.E. as well. Only reason that you would take offense is if you associate with said idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Haha broooo I do agree with that, however I think it's really just the scene as a whole that's full of idiots sadly.
True broseph fail isn't limited to the I.E.
Closed Thread