Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #7
LeLyn

Trader Rating: (0)
LeLyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry about the long delay in updating. Holidays and all. As far as the rear sump pan problems go, the pan actually fit very well, the problem i had was that there was no dip stick. I called cxracing the other day and spoke to one of there tech guys. He said "well its a 5 quart pan, just put 5 quarts in it". I asked how i was supposed to check the oil in the mean time, he said that you just run it for 3k miles, drain it and put 5 quarts back in. The most retarded thing i have ever heard. Anyway, i fabbed a dip stick and welded it into the pan before i installed it. Then i put 4 quarts of oil in it, started the engine to circulate the oil and the shut it down. After 10 minutes of resting or so i pulled the dip stick and made a mark on the stick. Then added 1 more quart and repeated. Now i have a full mark as well as a low mark. Simple enough although frustrating. As far as progress on the car goes, i got it up and running on Wednesday night, i drove it to work these past 2 days. So far so good. I need to do a little tweaking on a few things. Its currently running on wastegate pressure whch is 4 psi. I need to get a few miles on the engine then change the oil. After that ill finish plumbing the water meth kit and turn on the electronic boost controller. I plan on running the engine at 12psi and i hope the water/meth will help with California's horrible quality gasoline. The only reason i havent been updating this thread is because it seemed like there was no interest from other members on the forum. No comments usually means no intrest. I am very new to the forum, but i dont think ill be around much. I have not beem badly treated by anyone, its just that other forums ive joined in the past for other projects (cummins swapped chevy pickup, ej20 turbo swapped vw beetle) seemed much more personable. No offense to anyone of course. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reply or message me. Id love to help if there is anything i can contribute. Also, if anyone is in the Sacramento area and would like to take a look for whatever reason, feel free to contact me. Im all about helping in any way i can. Untill later gents.
LeLyn is offline   Reply With Quote