Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chewbaca is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Z7F 180sx Ver2.3

My car changes more than my clothes - a few detailed pictures of the latest Rendition

I really want to say a massive thanks to Martin Coyle who did the paint and Paul Green at Profit kits for making up the custom lip kit and difusers

Any lines you see in the paint work is a reflection of the badly painted walls either side or the telegraph line over head lol

I could not be happier with the paint - looks constantly wet and slick - excellent job

Custom front lip made up by Paul at Profit kits to match the lines of the front Kouki splitter - Canards at either side are also removable as they are screwed into countersunk threaded holes that sit flush in the bumper

The above splitter kit was painted in a plastic based paint to give it an OEM factory look which i think breaks up the car a bit. Also painted the standard NISSAN badge matte black to tie it into the mean evil agressive look i was going for.

Removed the tray under the DMAX bonnet to let more heat out and its nice looking in and seeing some of the Mechanicals

The fins at the top of the DMAX also got the same Plastic paint treatment as the splitters

The TE37s were refurbished from white to a pretty damn close bronze to the real thing. Genuine stickers were put on then to finish them off. These wheels look a lot darker in the metal than i can get on the pictures for some reason. Also had Paul make up little pieces to put into the wings and then counter sink some Genuine NISMO badges into them - Wee shout to the new GT86 that has the badges in the wings - just a wee idea to modernise the look of the car a little bit

Finally FINALLY got my callipers painted - went for some purple on those also

Below is some pictures of the sideskirt extensions and rear difuser that Paul made up also

This is more how the wheels look all the time

Pic of the louvres fittin in behind the quarter windows

Moving onto the cockpit - everythings functional but still a nice and comfortable place to be

Added some new Origin Carbon Doorcards and screwed the pockets and speakers off the original doors to make the carbon ones look a bit more factory

NO the NISMO seatbelt cusions arent ebay ones - they are actually Real NISMO haha

That view you never get tired of sitting behind pop - up lights

Everything nicely put in and handy to get at

Rediculous how much i love my KAZAMA gear knob

Digi Clocks also pretty damn cool - these do tend to flicker from time to time because of a loose wire but i hate taking them out so il live with it for a while longer yet

Some with the lights up - the Blue tinted RAYBRIGS look pretty damn cool along with the dark paint

Theres a few small bits and pieces yet to do like paint my wiper arms and stuff but the car is driving like a dream and looking better than i ever hoped it would.

Anyway all Comments and Criticism welcome - hope you enjoyed my take on a 180

Thanks
Matt
Chewbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #2
backfast

Trader Rating: (2)
backfast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fakn dope.
backfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
dumped_s13
Leaky Injector

dumped_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im in Love!!!!
Wrong Fitment Crew #336
IG @_jr_vasquez
dumped_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
mastadon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jeeeeeeeeez.
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

cheers guys - heres some more pics from a recent road trip i went on

Old 07-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Alan240sx
Leaky Injector

Alan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck my life. This hatch is perfect
Alan240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful car man! Left me speechless looking thru the pics!
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Straight Ballin!!!
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I've seen a lot of great hatches over the years, but this one looks especially awesome. I love the fact that you used Chuki side skirts instead of Kouki skirts. You're also the first to make me like vented front fenders with that recessed Nismo badge. Really cool idea.
#doingitright #coolestcarsonziliva
Old 07-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #10
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
cool car man! Black looks so good when it's done well.

how does that spoiler feel at speed, its gotta do SOMETHING to the aerodynamics
Old 07-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #11
Liger
Zilvia Member

Liger is making a name for him/her selfLiger is making a name for him/her self
excellent attention to detail. very nice build
Old 07-07-2015, 12:48 AM   #12
hatchtastic
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
hatchtastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
30k well spent
hatchtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 AM   #13
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Congrats! Very well executed.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #14
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the kind words everybody - it's just a labour of love at this stage. I didn't set out to build it to make it cooler than any others - i just had shit loads of wee ideas like the nismo recess in the wings and the chuki skirt add-ons etc - it just sort of ended up coming together like this by accident lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
cool car man! Black looks so good when it's done well.

how does that spoiler feel at speed, its gotta do SOMETHING to the aerodynamics
The car is actually midnight purple - just looks black in pictures without direct sunlight. The car feels great on the road - feels super planted - where you point, it goes. I like to think of it more as a grip car than a drift car but don't get me wrong - still very easy to drift also when you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchtastic View Post
30k well spent
I'd say I haven't even spent half that. 5 years ago a 180sx in ireland could cost as little as 3000 euro - I'd say iv spent 10-12k euro getting it to look like this - which over 5 years was good going. Try to do most of the work myself but my friend painted it and my other friend is a whizz with fibreglass so he made up the lip kit and difusers. Ireland was really cheap for parts. Only in the last year has everything shot through the roof price wise. I'm glad I got in and got it built before it all took off
Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Does that estimated 12k Euro include engine mods? Would love to see what your engine setup is like or what you have planned for power.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #16
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I too, am interested in an engine bay pic

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #17
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

Engine bay pic as requested - everything kept nice and simple

No major mods engine wise - just the usual

FMIC
Downpipe
Decat
Kakimoto Exhaust
Larger Alloy Rad
Apexi Filter
Blitz SBC screwed up to .8 bar

Its not mental power but it doesnt need to be - Its a daily driven car so im not launching into the wall at Ebisu in 3rd gear lol. I left it more or less standard for a reason - that reason being i wanted to try driving a few of them to see which set up i like best

Having done the above - i drove a car recently - SR20 blacktop non vvt and all it had were Z32 AFM and Nismo 550cc injectors and it was mapped on a standard t25 on a Power FC. the car was soooooo much fun - not massive power but the response and feel of it were great so yeah il prob invest in a z32afm - bigger injectors and map on a PFC. that will do me for a while and then if i feel like more power after that the only turbo id be interested in would be a Tomei ARMS M7960 - seems to be the best value turbo out there at the minute

I want to keep this car as a road car so im happy enough with the bare minimum power i need - i get great MPG in this at the minute and it will still slide in 2nd all day long even with the 18x9.5s on the rear - if its a damp day itl take 3rd so im happy enough . the engine is just really healthy and has plenty of power to do what i want it to do. so for that reason i dont want to ruin the enjoyment of driving it every by having it at 400bhp.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Thanks man. I love your attitude. Not every S-Chassis needs a 400hp, $30k build. .8 bar with those mods on a T25 should be good for about 225whp give or take, right? More than enough to take down FRS/S2000, 350Z's and older 4.6L Mustangs. Perfectly respectable foundation for a gorgeous 90's streetcar and all for under $15k. Wow.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Thanks man. I love your attitude. Not every S-Chassis needs a 400hp, $30k build. .8 bar with those mods on a T25 should be good for about 225whp give or take, right? More than enough to take down FRS/S2000, 350Z's and older 4.6L Mustangs. Perfectly respectable foundation for a gorgeous 90's streetcar and all for under $15k. Wow.
Well we don't have mustangs over here but I'm already whooping s2000s so with a map n better air/fueling I'd be kicking their ass altogether lol. Our petrol in ireland is 98 octane so I'd be hoping with a map to see in around 250whp. As I said - we were really lucky here for about 6/7 years as there were so many cars and parts that they got so cheap to build. Only in the last year has the prices skyrocketed - a car that would have cost 3k 5 years ago would now cost 7-8k. Not as many cars are being parted out now either so parts are getting hard to find. Glad I got it built just in the nick of time.

This is the story of my car from day 1 - end of that thread is just before the pics in this thread

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=599991
Old 07-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #20
DertyDan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
DertyDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
beautiful execution!
DertyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #21
Chewbaca
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyDan View Post
beautiful execution!
Thanks dude
Old 09-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #22
kelvinly

kelvinly is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a beaut!
kelvinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #23
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Woah, thats a piece of art!
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #24
CarZoom

CarZoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, that stunning look! nice work
CarZoom is offline   Reply With Quote