Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
What type of wheels do you plan on stealing... errm... I mean, buying this time around?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
s13livin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
s13livin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
What type of wheels do you plan on stealing... errm... I mean, buying this time around?
right when I saw the name of the build thread I knew it would come up. don't know the whole story just knew it would be brought up haha
s13livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You're so clever. You should get on the clever bus and go to clever school with the rest of the clever kids.

Anyways, progress. Helped a good buddy and neighbor of mine work on his S14. He wanted me to slam his car yet sit flush as possible and tuck some rim. So, I did. We then relocated to my house to drink some beer and tear down the coupe to it's bare bones.

ZOMGZ, KiLLeR, how did I manage to contain myself and not still his wheels?!?!1!??!1?1?!?1/!!?eone?1?!?!?!one?!!?!1?

So, we then went to my garage. First thing I started to do was slowly remove and wire wheel the sound deadening. I'm not 100% done with it yet because I will be grabbing some dry ice tomorrow to finish the larger portions. The gas tank was dropped in prep for a battery/fuse cell cage to take it's place. I removed the deadening from the side area as well not knowing how large the cage will end up being.

From there, I stopped when I got to places where dry ice would be much better suited than the method I was using. I then gutted the interior to get it ready to get dry ice'd, deadening removed, and prep'd for a cage and paint. I was writing up a nice shopping list [No, KiLLeR, not a steal list you clever boy] and I'm actually pretty excited for this build.

After the progress was done, I got a phone call from a buddy for a hatch his neighbor wanted gone. It was a rolled with a right corner hit on a wall at a local track. It wasn't nearly bad enough to tear down his car and change chassis [the frame was perfectly straight; with a tubular front from the strut tower forward, the car would be a perfect chassis to slide] but to each their own. I jumped on it with my free towing and had it brought over [no, KiLLeR, I didn't steal it either you clever boy].

More pictures when there is a little more light out and I'll start typing out the shopping list. Hopefully some of you will get as excited as I am to see this done.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote