Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
ferrero
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ferrero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 S13 no power interior!!!

Ok guys. Before I start I'm very sorry for the lengthy post but I want to be as detailed as possible

I'm completely stumped.
I bought a 93 s13 se hatch.. I'm in the middle of restoring it. so I pulled the dash, heater core assembly, blower motor, ac evap box, brake, clutch, and gas pedal. Basically everything from the firewall so I could clean off some surface rust and make sure I will have ac and heat.

I noticed I had a few wires broken on a plug by the blower motor, at the CD player plug. And a few wires rubbed on the bundle of wires running along the driver side rocker. That I still need to fix..

So long story short. I change the evap core and expansion valve. Clean the heater core and blower motor. And re foamed everything so it seals. After I put the dash support bar back in the car I wanted to make sure everything worked,

When I cleaned the fuse box due to corrosion. I replaced all the fuses with the led fuses that glow when they pop( in case of a short I know where it came from)

So I plug the blower motor in and threw a battery in to make sure it all works. As soon as I put the Battery in I heard the 'dinger' ding once and it popped the 10 amp room lamp fuse. So I put in a 15 amp. And it popped. When I went to a 25 amp and it didn't pop. So for shits and giggles I put a 10 a,p back in and it hasn't popped yet....

But nothing, absolutely nothing in the interior works.. No ac controls, dash lights, seat belts, windows, locks, dome lights. Nothing,.... I checked all the wires and only found the couple rubbed wires so I separated them from the rest so they don't touch. But still nothing.

But I have headlights, and the pop ups work. And something else weird is if I put the battery in the windshield wipers go up and down once. That's it, only once.

Please, please, please, someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm completely dumbfounded,

OH!!! also when I take he key out the ' dinger' keeps dinging..

Last edited by ferrero; 07-11-2014 at 04:10 AM..
ferrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
you probably melted some wires putting a 25a fuse where a 10 goes. Very easily could have burnt up everything on that circuit. Never put a larger fuse than what is supposed to be there.
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
ferrero
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ferrero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Could have, but I traced the wires from the fuse block and see no burned wires, rubbed or broken wires
ferrero is offline   Reply With Quote