Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Solidus311
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Solidus311 is making a name for him/her selfSolidus311 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB rb25 wont start!!

I'm sure there are other threads regarding this, but I didn't bother searching because I figured I had a unique situation.

With that said this car (s13, rb25 s2) has been plagued with electrical problems in the 4 years I've owned it. Mainly because the guy who did the swapped relocated the engine fusebox to the inside of the fender a via custom bracket. Now that's fine and dandy for a pretty engine bay but not good when rain is slung into the box frying half of it. I currently have the fuel pump, radiator fans and power to the ecu hard wired.

Now into my problem: The car wouldn't turn. All fuses good. It seems to be a problem when the motor is warm. Also my battery doesn't seem to be charging completely. 10 volts after turning the motor off.

My friend used a screwdriver on the starter. Causing it to spark and wine. He said that it should of started the motor and that the started was bad. He then turned the key and it started. It worked several times. No tow truck bill.

I made it home. Turned it off. Tried again nothing. Any ideas? The car can start without the clutch too.

Tldr: has trouble starting when warm. Screw driver on starter made it wine but didn't turn the motor. Then the key started it minutes later?