Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Suspension

Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TENSION RODS s14 s13 300zx $80 shipped!

I have some MOTORIA tension rods.
$90 shipped
I also have camber arms s13 or s14, toe arms, traction rods. again! $90 shipped!
pics S14 ARMS NOT PICTURED BUT AVAIL!
PAYPAL IS [email protected] ADD WHAT ARMS YOU WANT TO INVOICE. ADD 3% FOR PAYPAL FEES!

sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
any reviews on these???

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
tdub377
Leaky Injector

tdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruin
^Agreed...
What would the pricing be for the tension rods,camber arms, toe arms, and trac rods for a S13 shiped to 89052?
tdub377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
I have these, they work really well.. Used them for one season.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have reviews, but nothing that would help the sale of these arms.

Search motoria arms...you'll see.

These are really usafe arms and are harmful to us. I would highly reconsider selling these.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
for the price.... yeah...
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Just like Carlos said, search before buy. They are the same arms that are sold on ebay by SSAC, if I recall correctly.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #8
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
I haven't had a problem with mine, although I swapped out the heims and am running boots.

The only failure I've seen with them is with the S14 RUCA (which I've been running and just keeping an eye on), which has a cast half-loop. Even then, the fracture appeared (photos weren't high quality) as though it was caused by bind.

Anyways, I've done a couple trips through NYC, and have a few hundred street miles, plus a few sessions of autocross where the car saw lateral G's in the 1.4 range (including an event at Ripken Stadium where one giant bump was bottoming my car out). No issues so far....
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
My car is actually getting aligned with these as we speak. If i stop posting daily, then i died.
I got all of that good stuff for less than $150 shipped off e-bay and they sent S14 RUCA arms in the box too..i guess it was a thank you present.
I was actually thinking about filling them with the same foam they use to reinforce chassis with & then covering them with rust preventative paint. If i do there will be a write up.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaland9 View Post
My car is actually getting aligned with these as we speak. If i stop posting daily, then i died.
I got all of that good stuff for less than $150 shipped off e-bay and they sent S14 RUCA arms in the box too..i guess it was a thank you present.
I was actually thinking about filling them with the same foam they use to reinforce chassis with & then covering them with rust preventative paint. If i do there will be a write up.
It's really not worth it to try and fill them, unless you're doing it solely to prevent rust. Everything but the RUCAS arm should not see a bending stress, which is why the stock arms aren't very "beefy" to begin with.

The big thing with any spherical bearing setup is maintenance. Pretty much every failure out there has had a rusty rod end.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #11
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post

These are really usafe arms and are harmful to us. I would highly reconsider selling these.

Carlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Just like Carlos said, search before buy. They are the same arms that are sold on ebay by SSAC, if I recall correctly.
Strange that mine didnt get broken, also a daily driven car.. ALL my arms are motoria.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
^^^ It's not strange. The game's not over. That being said, I'm glad you guys are having success with them ~

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
na3j nitsuj
Zilvia Member

na3j nitsuj is an unknown quantity at this point
im thinking about ordering these...

i will need an s13 tension rod and s14 rucas...

anymore feedbacks about these arms?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
hey ace in hole, which where did you buy your heim joints?

do you have the exact thread size or the part number for the joints and boots?
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
sillyvia13
BANNED

sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
I wanna say acehole got them from mcmaster carr!
I am on another forum w/ ace! so I get to watch his transformations of car, parts for car, and what ever else his crazy ass thinks of!
Ace runs 315 on his s14 and uses these arms, if there is anyone gonna put these arm to the test HE FOR SURE WILL!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #16
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post

Carlos

motoria arms are what ssac claims to sell.

just like you, i ordered some off ebay, and the arms i got were not even close to the ones pictured.

thats truth.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #17
sillyvia13
BANNED

These are arms from NAMS NAMS (Nagisa Auto Motorsports)
from japan! look the same as what is above!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #18
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyvia13 View Post
These are arms from NAMS NAMS (Nagisa Auto Motorsports)
from japan! look the same as what is above!
Looks similar, but couldn't be more different. NAMS is top-rate, no-expense-spared, and is sported on the fastest time attack cars in Japan - the question is not whether these pieces are as high quality as Nagisa Auto, it's whether or not these will hold up and give the adjustability that's needed ~ so far, it seems, survey says yes.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #19
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
I have all motoria arms as well on my drift car. For the price they cant be beat! Much better over stock and also give you all the adjustability you could ever need for a fraction of the price of battle version or tein. I have the traction rods, rear toe rods, RUCA, and front tension rods and tein tie rods....great setup!

these are from before my traction rods came in.....

Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #20
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Looks similar, but couldn't be more different. NAMS is top-rate, no-expense-spared, and is sported on the fastest time attack cars in Japan - the question is not whether these pieces are as high quality as Nagisa Auto, it's whether or not these will hold up and give the adjustability that's needed ~ so far, it seems, survey says yes.
Either what you're saying is slightly off, or the pic in question isn't NAMS. The heims on the NAMS look like the same necked heims that came on my Motoria arms.... which for all intensive purposes are junk. They're probably fine as long as you take decent care of them, but I'd upgrade them given the choice.

The material on the Motoria stuff seems fine. I actually like the fact that they concentrate the threaded portion away from the bushing (which is where you'll have bushing bind resistance). I'd like to get more qualitative results when I disassemble my suspension for the winter, so if I get the chance I might take them into work and do some material testing on the rockwell tester, and FPI my RUCAs to see if the 1000 miles I've put on them has done anything.

The Motoria heims are M16x2.00 thread on everything but the S13 RUCAs. My heims are from Midwest Control Products (www.midwestcontrol.com). The heims on McMaster seem to be aimed towards industrial use. The MCP heims I bought are the DXTM "performance" heims, which I found when I saw them used on a Locost build. The DXTM-16's are rated at over 17,000 lbs, with "excellent" corrosion and wear resistance. They seem to be holding up well so far.

Regardless, KEEP YOUR HEIMS CLEAN. You can buy into the "don't boot your heims because trapped dirt causes wear", or you can boot and grease and attempt to match OEM reliability like I did.... either way: always keep an eye on your heim joints and lean them as much as possible.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #21
Goldeneye9mm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Goldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Goldeneye9mm
hey are these price good after christmas? i just gota new job and i might have some money then and i need these asap. pm me if so.
Goldeneye9mm is offline   Reply With Quote