Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
NOOBdrifter

Trader Rating: (0)
NOOBdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Business Idea - Need Your Advice

Hello everyone, my name is Matthew.
Please excuse my username, I was young and naive when I created it.
I used to be on this site a lot when I was younger, reading all sorts of build threads and planning to build my own drift car one day. That drift car is still in the planning stage at the moment.

Anyways, the reason why I'm posting is because I have an idea for a business.
A lot of subscription box companies are popping up nowadays - Loot Crate, BirchBox, Blue Apron, Plated, and countless others in almost every category or theme you can imagine.
However, I've noticed that one area has NOT been filled, and that's the car world.
Well, there are actually a few - one subscription service delivers car detailing goods to customers on a monthly basis, another claims to send you James Bond themed car goods. I don't think the 007 box has any customers yet.

So, I really like the concept that Loot Crate and Nerd Block follow. They deliver nerdy/video game based items in a box that has a monthly theme. The box includes anything from a t-shirt with a picture/logo, keychains, posters, stickers, miscellaneous apparel - socks or shades, and other goods.

What if something like this existed for the car community and all the gear heads?
My idea for it would be to have a box that included the following items:
-TShirts
-Stickers
-Magazines
-Key Chains
-Hats
-Necklaces
-Sun Glasses
-Pictures
-Model Cars
-Racing Gloves
-Other Things?

In car culture there are a lot of fans that strictly stick with one group or scene, right? So when potential customers would enter the site they would have an option for a "JDM Box", a "Muscle Box", a "Euro Box", or a "Everything Box" - giving reference to the three main car scenes, and if someone is a fan of all three they could choose the fourth option.
There are a lot of ways this could be done, but I feel like giving people options would be the best way of approaching the fact that many people have different tastes and views on cars.

So if you've made it this far, my questions to you are:

Would you buy into something like this?
Would the items listed above be of satisfaction for a car enthusiast?
What other items would you want to see in a subscription service like this?

Thanks for reading, and I would appreciate any feedback.
NOOBdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links