Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EnvisionMore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 I Like to Make Bad Financial Decisions - 2JZ NA-T S14 Build

I've been lurking on the forum for a while now and decided to go ahead and post up my build progress. I come from the Volkswagen/Audi world originally and have a love/hate relationship with them as most people who have owned them before do.

I graduated college and decided to get my start somewhere fresh, so I made the move to San Antonio, TX. Upon arrival thinking that my 400whp B5 S4 was "quick", it didn't take me a week to figure out that I couldn't even keep up with some Hondas around here and that my scrap was slow lol. Here are some pictures of her.

After living here for about 6 months, heading to work one morning, someone decided to kill my car that I loved so much and put so much time and money into. RIP. I'll buy another one one day.

The frame was completely shot and would never be the same again. Back door for reference, the door was never opened after the accident.

I found some flowers nearby and decided to say my goodbyes lol.

Now onto the good stuff!

After tossing some ideas around, I decided on the S14. S13 was an option, but I prefer the styling on an S14 much more. I knew I wanted a Zenki because everyone goes nuts over the Kouki, but I wanted something a little bit out of the normal "OMG BADASS" builds. The next thought was pretty simple, who doesn't like a 2JZ? Seemed as simple as it gets!

Within the next few days, I purchased her from an older man South of me. 100% unmodified besides some replacement struts and cheap wheels. Dash is uncracked and the overall condition of the car is great considering clean 240s are getting rare to find unmodified.

A few months go by and I made some purchases accumulating some parts. My goal is to have it as near as complete in parts as I can to make the build process more continuous and simple.

One of my other goals for the car is to have it as functional as it cames from the factory. No fancy gauges everywhere, A/C will still work, etc. etc. I want this to be a fun street car that I can take any day of the week if I wanted to.

I was able to source a 160mph speedo from Europe as it is going to be a highway roller car Mainly with TX2K in mind.

ProEFI 128 Came in a few days later

Also was able to source some European glass headlights with no cracks / damage. Maybe one day I will wire up the leveling switch, which I also was able to source, just need to find a pin out.

Here is a comparison of my nasty USDM headlights with a stupid eyebrow the previous owner did.

And after.. MUCH BETTER

Next up was to get rid of those ridiculous small brakes. I opted for CTS-V Gen 1 up front and z32 rears. I did install the R33 ebrake cables to make it complete.

I had a friend of a friend do the powder coat and they didn't come out anywhere near what I wanted, not to mention the work sucks. Lesson learned I will be changing the color scheme anyways, but here it is...

Comparison picture. These things are huge!

And installed

Was able to pick up a cd009 for stupid cheap. Decided to paint it in my spare time.

Then I was able to pick up an exhaust manifold for a great price that only had ~50 miles on it. DocRace makes some quality stuff! Pictures do no justice. Shout out to Connor Lacy for being a cool ass dude!

Picture of the collector - Nice and clean! No slag!

With the exhaust manifold, he was also able to hook me up with some stock GTE valve covers for a great deal as well.

Here is how the motor sits at the moment with the Precision 7175 CEA
I need to get the waste gate flange underneath the compressor housing redone as there is no room to clock the turbo correctly anywhere lol. Will be having that done in the next few weeks.

I was able to pick up the engine locally from a good friend of mine that had it laying around forever.

Builds specs on the motor include:
STD bore, decked, cleaned and line honed with arp main studs
Pistons are CP off the shelf 8.5:1 c/r with upgraded 200 wall pins, ring gaps are .019 1st and .021 2nd. Exhaust reliefs were fly cut to clear exhaust valves. .0035 piston to wall clearance.
Rods are Brian Crower Pro rods with ARP 625+ rod bolts
Crankshaft is ballanced and polished
Clevite std rod, main and thrust washers
C/R after head work was 9.7:1
Titan/ATI ballancer
2jzge cylinder head
Toyota shimless buckets
Brian crower single valve springs and titanium retainers. Springs seat pressure was verified to be as advertised from BC
Slight ported head, short side radius work and slight bowl work. Nothing too crazy
Valves are Brian Crower 1+mm over intake and exhaust
.030 was removed from cylinder head to acchieve optimal quench area.
Web custom camshafts [email protected] .400 lift

More updates to come!
EnvisionMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 04:36 PM   #2
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

Small update.

Back in March I was laid off from my previous job (oilfield worker), so money flow wasn't there and I could not make anymore purchases as adult life comes first ugh.

With that said, I was able to find a job working at an Automotive Research company here in San Antonio, but unfortunately the benefits weren't that great and pay wansn't either.

But low and behold, my Hypertune intake manifold (102mm) finally came from Australia after 5 very long months of waiting! Shoutout to Jimmy @ Autobanh Motorsports in Houston for hooking me up and being patient with me. I was able to finally meet Jimmy at TX2K in March and see one of these bad boys in person, and boy let me tell you, pictures do absolutely no justice for this piece of art!

Adel Wiggins Clamp provisions machined onto the 102mm throttle body

IACV Adapter to accept a -6 or -8 AN Fitting, I can't remember

Intake Chamber

And another shot

As of 3 weeks ago, I was able to land a job back in the oilfield, so there will be more updates coming more frequently!

Cheers.

Last edited by EnvisionMore; 10-15-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
None of your pics work bud.
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
what a build ! heres another 1
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellopuppet View Post
None of your pics work bud.
Sorry about that, not sure what happened. Pics have been updated and fixed
Old 10-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #6
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Mother of God, that intake.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:44 AM   #7
ph1tnessjunk1e

ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a killer intake... I look forward to watching this build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote