Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #31
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
gerardojdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Importing a silvia from the motherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
If you were serious about your "Dream" doubt you would be posting up on zilvia for tips on how to start a importing business...Good luck with your business venture, i really doubt this will blow up like you intend to...its gonna take a solid 5-6 years of hard work to get the business where you want it to be without investors that believe in you its going to be nearly impossible the most crucial step of the business is starting it getting it off the ground and maintaining it.

I should hire you to advice me on how to run my business then. I made $10k profit last just last month April and I'm a small dealer. I'm a 1 man show, I paint, repair and sell myself. I seriously doubt I'll take advise from idiots on zilvia that run their mouth. I'm simply asking for directions, but everyone clearly can't read
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #32
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post

And?

the end. it wasn't a criticism. It was an observation. Meanwhile...when you catch it....
Old 05-03-2016, 11:09 AM   #33
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardojdm View Post
I should hire you to advice me on how to run my business then. I made $10k profit last just last month April and I'm a small dealer. I'm a 1 man show, I paint, repair and sell myself. I seriously doubt I'll take advise from idiots on zilvia that run their mouth. I'm simply asking for directions, but everyone clearly can't read
Here's some advise:

*advice

There's no way to tell, without knowing you, how sincere you are. Have you been into Japanese cars your whole life and just love to be around them? Or are you a cunt looking to monopolize on the difference in price between here an Japan? You seem lazy enough to come to a 'forum of assholes an idiots' for advise (*advice) only to turn around and say 'oh like I'd take any of your advise (*advice)'...so are you stupid or are you just fucking lazy? People on this forum can smell a phony from a mile away. That's why there's a (rotten) core on this forum that keeps it alive while keeping all of the bullshit out. You call us assholes and that's cool. No one wants you here anyway.

Good luck talking to Motorex. More proof you have no fucking clue what you're doing.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #34
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I'm just amazed that when people are being genuine with him about this not being the best laid plan (brash, but to the point anyway), he decides to tell everyone their assholes and he doesn't like the community.

Who is it he is planning to sell to again?
Old 05-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #35
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with that bud!!....state side car dealers' experience has no bearing on importing cars from Japan. Take some advice....get a job with an established "import house" and learn the ropes.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #36
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Importing a silvia from the motherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
Take some advice....get a job with an established "import house" and learn the ropes.

But why?

He's missed the fucking boat.

Canada has bled dry the supply of cheap good cars. Just wander over to Yahoo Auction JP and see what shits going for. If he spends 3 years figuring this out it will already be 1994/5 cars. He'd have 3 more good years and then nobody cars about the 2000+ stuff.

It's a lot of work that requires a lot of insider knowledge.

A better plan is start a buy-here pay-here and just turn local auction junk.

Our local slum dealer "Headers", the owner clears 300k a year. They even do tax refunds so you come in, they file your "income credit earned" and use it for payment.

He runs a wrecker and basic oil change shop too... So don't make payment, they tow it back and resell it. Shop also does just enough so the shit piles run to be sold.

Most cars sell for 2-3k. He typically pays $5-600 at auction. If the car is not economically salvageable, it goes to the scrapper for $3-400. The down payment is typically what he paid at auction.

Let's be real. Selling fancy RHD shit is cool. But it's not going to pay the bills and it's a limited window market. In 10 years all those cars will be gone and no one gives a shit about a RHD Versa.

Running a business is about money. Id rather be flipping 5 Grand Ams and Rangers a day making a 6 figure income than sitting round chasing buyers and dealing with bullshit dreams so I can unload a car I have $10k into so I can make $1k in profit.

Sell a $2500 junker every other day, clear $600 each, $7,200 a month

Sell $19,000 GTR every other month, clear $1,500 each, $750 a month

Hmmmmm [emoji848]
Old 05-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #37
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
So, nobody is gonna comment on Motorex being defunct for like over a decade? Ohhh ok. UFCK you guys. Bunch of @$$holes.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
So, nobody is gonna comment on Motorex being defunct for like over a decade? Ohhh ok. UFCK you guys. Bunch of @$$holes.

Motorex got defunct because fraud and import violations..
Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #39
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Motorex got defunct because fraud and import violations..
Yes. Yes they did.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #40
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes. Yes they did.

They basically qualified the R32 and lied about vin dates to pass OBD2 requirements.

I forgot the other company that was importing shells and trying to call them kit cars.

Motorex was charging 85-100k for a R34 GTR.

People continue to fail to realize how rare and expensive they are. You won't be getting one for $18k.. Ever.

Hell, they've been legal in Canukastan for 2 years now. I don't see the internets blowing up like it did with R32s.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #41
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
They basically qualified the R32 and lied about vin dates to pass OBD2 requirements.

I forgot the other company that was importing shells and trying to call them kit cars.

People continue to fail to realize how rare and expensive they are. You won't be getting one for $18k.. Ever.

Hell, they've been legal in Canukastan for 2 years now. I don't see the internets blowing up like it did with R32s.
Thread jack, we should talk about import stuff instead of this dipshit (OP, not you corbic, made it sound like I was calling you a dipshit haha)

Didn't they make less r34's than they made gollardo's ? seems like all these peeps hoping to swipe up a nice 34 when they become legal are freakin dreamin. there isn't going to be many acceptable ones (for an acceptable price) left by that time.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #42
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

all true...again.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #43
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was hoping op was really going to try and contact them...
Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #44
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

gerardojdm is an unknown quantity at this point
I found a local importer that has accepted to help me. I will keep these people that had nothing but negative things to say posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #45
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx64_N4AA04
Old 05-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #46
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
I put a down on an R34 V spec, last year... Locked in the price at 65k from the owner who had multiple and a few GTT's. After earning about him and discussing in multiple FaceTime conversations he's now keeping every car holding out until the 202 earning about him and discussing in multiple FaceTime conversations he's now keeping every car holding out until the 2025+ years to flip. He's from China but based in Jland For work...

Ppl expecting sub 70k GTR better buy when Canada allows it...
Old 05-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #47
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80takashi View Post
LOL

Quote:
I found a local importer that has accepted to help me. I will keep these people that had nothing but negative things to say posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calling bullshit

Probably rivsu just selling him cars -$400 off sticker. IF he has a dealer license

I was hoping OP would try to call motorex too
Old 05-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #48
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'm only seeing about 10,200 R34 GTR's produced for the Japanese market.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 PM   #49
TSL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TSL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
You guys hurt my feelings and you all suck but I'm gonna keep coming back here to give y'all updates.
Ok friend.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #50
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:

Motorex did fudge the "build dates" on the R33s to avoid having to deal with OBD2. The R32s and 34s that were imported with the understanding and clearance by the federal government that crash tests from an R33 were good enough and covered the 32 and 34. When it got to the highest courts the judge decided that though they are the same blood line, they are not the same and needed their own crash tests.

Motorex did not do any vin swapping or "kit car" stuff like Kazio tried to pull. This is a very different mess and that is what killed them. The ruling in that case was that a Kit car can not be assembled of components from a fully assembled car of its origin. had the been playing shuffle with a say 6 cars and moving things to each one and making "new cars" they potentially could have had a case for a kit car being qualified, but what they did not so much. This is also still very much standard practice by several companies, especially in the sunshine state.

the R34s imported by motorex rarely pop up for sale. there is between 12-13 depending on what records you believe (legal and grandfather in as they were legal at the time of importation do to previous rulings on what crash tests were acceptable). The last one to pop up for sale was listed at 80k, and if you follow some of the other boards there are more buyers out there than you might imagine for those at that price. They do change hands, but it is very rare.

People didn't blow up the internet about the R34 in Canada because they have had a decade of being excited about this or that import. You probably also follow many more USDM pages that are US based than Canuck. They have all kinds of other cars that are cool and have been able to enjoy or far too long to loose their minds over a R34. Yes they are popular, but it doesn't have the as much flare when you have had R32 and 33s for years already. until 2014, the only RB powered cars that were legal for import were not nearly as appealing to the mass market of USDM consumers. There are plenty of "scene kids" who don't even know that the Hako and R32 have brothers in between or what an FJ20ET is or that an RB26 isn't the largest production RB.

Plus it is Canada..... I can only imagine it is hard to be excited about anything there. outside it is still Canada.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #51
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You made 10k last month... is that a normal month, good month, bad month? my suggestion, if you're already financially stable, find a lawyer that deals with importing and customs laws. They'll keep you from getting sued or in trouble with the law, and he'll know other importers that you can network with.
Closed Thread