Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #121
5upra
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
5upra is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man, who thought there would be so many purists

Unless you are getting some sort of deal on the crate motor, then your going to over pay for what you could have.

this was intended for my s13, but I recieved a prepped 05 mustang chassis
5upra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #122
Spoolpigeon
Leaky Injector

Spoolpigeon is making a name for him/her selfSpoolpigeon is making a name for him/her self
broadfield, knowing that you'll be at import alliance will now give me a reason to go there next year! that and to roll up some folks at the autocross lol! I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. everything you do is top notch.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #123
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
those crate motors are super expensive..
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #124
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
wtb build thread...
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #125
copermn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
copermn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good luck with your build man. I'd personally keep a nissan engine in a nissan and all, but thats me. But I'd also use a different V8 engine if I were you :P I'd go with the New Ford Mustang 5.0 engine haha. I love that thing.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #126
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i like this...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #127
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Chase from Chase Bays was kind enough to send me his new brake line tuck and his Wilwood brake booster delete kit. All he wants in return is my honest opinion on the product and how well it works. Good timing since I'm about to have everything out of the bay... tearing stuff out now. I'm interested in seeing how the non hard lines perform compared to the OEM hard lines. He has assured me, and everyone else that asks, that there is absolutely no differences in pedal feel or performance. He has these kits on a slew of time attack cars... so we'll see. I'm also very interested in seeing how the manual brakes feel with the Stoptechs and rear Z32's. It's been probably 20 years since I've driven something with manual brakes.

Some pics of the goods he sent me:

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 12-19-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #128
bikrman2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
bikrman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bikrman2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Chase from Chase Bays was kind enough to send me his new brake line tuck and his Wilwood brake booster delete kit. All he wants in return is my honest opinion on the product and how well it works. Good timing since I'm about to have everything out of the bay... tearing stuff out now. I'm interested in seeing how the non hard lines perform compared to the OEM hard lines. He has assured me, and everyone else that asks, that there is absolutely no differences in pedal feel or performance. He has these kits on a slew of time attack cars... so we'll see. I'm also very interested in seeing how the manual brakes feel with the Stoptechs and rear Z32's. It's been probably 20 years since I've driven something with manual brakes.
I'm very interested to hear how this kit performs. Been eyeballing it for a bit
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
if you dont have any valuable information GTFO.

Last edited by bikrman2; 12-18-2010 at 04:38 PM..
bikrman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #129
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Gonna be an epic build, of awesome quality, i cant wait to see it finished
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #130
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Picture quote fail
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #131
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
In case anyone has a bunch of money burning a hole in their pocket:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35879...oda-earls.html

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #132
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Very interested to see how the manual brakes turn out as well.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #133
shift_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
shift_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow im subscribed seen most of your custom builds never had a build thread if the ls3 is as clean as your sr then this build is going to be epic. looking forward to see it done in spring.
shift_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #134
memphis180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this should turn out great its gunna be interesting to see how your gunna top the first set up
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #135
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
I had Earl's braided lines for my front brakes (master cylinder to calipers) on my old car and the pedal was noticably softer than an OE setup.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #136
Nismo_420sx

Nismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choices
I remember reading this somwhere "incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed."

I know haters gon hate, but I love how the forum rules don't apply to the more influential members. The only reason I bring it up is because I have seen other threads closed for this very reason.

Your car is very clean and well built, but this build thread is a fail based on the rules.
Nismo_420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #137
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Manual brakes scare me, but you're not tracking the car so I'm happy that the broadfield mobile will be safe!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #138
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo_420sx View Post
I remember reading this somwhere "incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed."

I know haters gon hate, but I love how the forum rules don't apply to the more influential members. The only reason I bring it up is because I have seen other threads closed for this very reason.

Your car is very clean and well built, but this build thread is a fail based on the rules.
Have you always been a tattle tale? TOby is one of the communities few ( read: less than 30 of us) contributing members that isn't caught up on what shitty coilvover to run, or to what crappy ass setup is best)

Instead of being a bozo newb, sit back, relax, and enjoy the build. If anything, the 'good ole boys club' supports him. That's good enough. You are not going to get any trophies, accolades, or friends being a tattle tale. One would think you'd be able to differentiate between a 'build' and a jerkoff installing 500 dollar used coils on his salvage title s13.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #139
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

As I have already stated, it can be closed if they want to close it. I am more than prepared to post a build thread of the ages of the last four years of my work on this car... which may I note that everyone is already familiar with. I would then simply continue at the end of it with this build that I'm currently doing. My car is never finished, so it's not like I'm going to complete a "build" then post up the finished results... it's ongoing. I'm not some 16 year old that runs out money 3 weeks into his build thread. I saw the rules, but assumed they were no longer enforced considering all of the partial build threads in the first page of "Chat".

Edit: Thanks for getting my back Cody!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #140
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:

im sure its differant too for a paying vendor.

Toby beat me too it. LOL

Looking forward to seeing how the CB stuff works for ya.

Where are you getting your LS3 from?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #141
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post

Toby beat me too it. LOL

Looking forward to seeing how the CB stuff works for ya.

Where are you getting your LS3 from?
It looks like this is the place:

LS376/480 HP 6.2L CrateEngine with HotCam 19244549 - Crate Engine Depot

I have looked at some other places, but this seems to be the cheapest and offer more of everything else... accessory kits etc. I have not had much luck finding a used one. Most of them are totals and want a hefty dollar for the front clip or whole car.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #142
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Edit: Thanks for getting my back Cody!
Anytime. It's the few 'builds' like yours that keep the decent guys around anymore. Shame these nitwitted new guys are more concerned with being 'cool guys' than doing anything decent for the community. Thankfully they can read the rules, but they need to be able to sperate the 'wheat from the chaff'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Nah. The beauty of this build is that it's not some dumbass running it/doing it.

Quote:
It looks like this is the place:

LS376/480 HP 6.2L CrateEngine with HotCam 19244549 - Crate Engine Depot

I have looked at some other places, but this seems to be the cheapest and offer more of everything else... accessory kits etc. I have not had much luck finding a used one. Most of them are totals and want a hefty dollar for the front clip or whole car.
I'm still surprised you want the crate engine route, especiallly considering how cheap you can build a junkyard 6.0 to your specs. In the same respect I can appreciate the 'crate warranty' but I'd sooner get a junkyard 6.0, throw a cam/valvetrain/heads on it, and go from there. I'm sure the 6500 cost could easily be 'beat' but (again as before) I can appreciate the 'done now/install tomorrow' aspect.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #143
Nismo_420sx

Nismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choicesNismo_420sx has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Have you always been a tattle tale? TOby is one of the communities few ( read: less than 30 of us) contributing members that isn't caught up on what shitty coilvover to run, or to what crappy ass setup is best)

Instead of being a bozo newb, sit back, relax, and enjoy the build. If anything, the 'good ole boys club' supports him. That's good enough. You are not going to get any trophies, accolades, or friends being a tattle tale. One would think you'd be able to differentiate between a 'build' and a jerkoff installing 500 dollar used coils on his salvage title s13.
I knew the nut swinges would be all over me for posting. I also knew that broadfield had a crew of ethugs to back him up.

I don't post my build because it is in progress. I have seen other beginning build threads closed.
Nismo_420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #144
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I knew the nut swinges would be all over me for posting. I also knew that broadfield had a crew of ethugs to back him up.

I don't post my build because it is in progress. I have seen other beginning build threads closed.
Oh wow, another new ZIlvia cool guy. Trust me, toby's nuts are big enough to have 4 of us hang from them.

GO back to your hole bozo, we'll survive just fine without your 2 dollar piece of shit drift car.

Oh well. Stick around, you'll realize why the few of us who give half a shit like this build, and what he does.

Edit: Crew to back him up? I'm sure he could survive on his own. He doesn't need anyone to 'stick up' for him, his work does a fine job of that.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #145
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Toby is the man*

*Established.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 AM   #146
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
subbed :thumbsup:
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #147
travisty_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
travisty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
And besides, I'm sure most of us agree with Toby when it comes to having ongoing build threads. I know I personally like seeing a build unfold as it goes, and the advice/discussion that comes along with it. I learned quite a lot from Damon's and others build threads because of that.

This will be a thread to keep an eye on. Anybody attempting to buy the SR yet?
travisty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #148
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Who is going to do your wiring? Or are you going to do it yourself?
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #149
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
I also knew that broadfield had a crew of ethugs to back him up.
Mostly just these guys:

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #150
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lol. Is that a chic or a dude on the right?? Yea man...Rock on!!!
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote