Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #181
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
I'm not saying im getting my car dyno'd on the street, but both of you know it all's obviously know it all. Yes, ive had my car dyno tuned before and yes i might go with a street tune this time.

you have no right to call me a broke ass prick for going with a street tune, you guys don't even know me.

The point of getting a street tune done at a track is not GOING balls to the wall on a race track smart guy, it's about having a safe road to test it on rather than a city street.

I swear this site has nothing but straight ish talking internet geeks on it.
I am not call you no names. Do you what you like. No one is stopping you. There is nothing wrong with doing different things than others.

I don't know why on earth you pay to go to Track to tune the car though. Not sure what kind of track allows you to do that kind of stuff either. Remember you won't be the only one at the track driving unless you rent whole track for a day which cost you several thousands dollars.

Good luck with Street/Track tune. Perhaps I could race you when you are done with it @ drag strip or something as you wished before. Then you could prove your holy RB20 with street tune beat silly 4 banger SR20 with dyno tune I have.

haha Just sayin~
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #182
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
We've met. I know you're not a brokedick kid.

You asked why I don't like SV, I told you, and you brought up tuning. I'm calling it how I see it.

We've both been doing 240s for damned near a decade which puts you at a distinct disadvantage in this argument lol
Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #183
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ricekiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^ look i know if you don't have an sr20, your basically wasting your time on here, all I know is I don't care, im not here to prove anything. I enjoy cars, I'm not here for a dyno sheet or to be faster than anybody.

I'm not here to try and prove an rb20 is hot stuff, it's obviously an underdog around here. I have not once talked crap, i react to others talking crap like you k_style. I've meet alex, and he's here for the same reasons, we enjoy cars here.

I enjoy being an underdog with an underdog motor. For crying out loud, were talking about 240sx's around here lol, you guys act like were dealing with some high class vehicle here.

No offense to any of you here, but i didn't mind getting a dyno tune on my beloved fi'd m3, but for a freaking 240sx, i have a hard time forking up 1500$ on a tune for a car thats worth 1500$ LOL.

I'll stick with my broke street tune on a 240sx, not because i'm broke, but because I frankly don't give a sh#t about a 240sx lol.

Good luck with Street/Track tune. Perhaps I could race you when you are done with it @ drag strip or something as you wished before. Then you could prove your holy RB20 with street tune beat silly 4 banger SR20 with dyno tune I have. haha Just sayin~

id love to meet you in person. The track is for a stretch of road guy. Not to test it on the track. What don't you get about this comment?? Tuners do this all the time, it's not my fault your stuck with a holy grail of an s14 with an sr20 lol, your just like every other sheep on here.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #184
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
No one really cares about a motor. If you're happy with your car, then fine.

SV to me is not a great shop, and street tuning is really not the 'right' way to do things. If you're happy with it, then good enough. Peter and I have spent enough on cars (yes, shitty 240s) that cheaping out is not something we do.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #185
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ i have not decided about who i'll have tune it, but i have decided on if im going to do a dyno or a street tune on the 240 as of right now. Maybe ill change my mind if i can find a power fc for an rb20, but for that price i could score an sr20 and make the people happy around here lol.

I'm never happy with a car, it's an on going addiction that most of us have around here. I'm just here for fun, not to be all serious about doing things the proper way. If it isn't 100%, oh well. I just want to enjoy the car while I have it, this is by far the worst crowd of owners i've ever dealt with.

I've meet some real cool people in the 240 crowd, but a lot of little know it all kids around here man.I guess it's to be expected with cheaper cars lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #186
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Yeah the 240 crowd is generally ridiculous.

Though every car group right now is overrun with hellastance retards. Add drift idiocy on top of that and there's no winning.

I told you, come to a meet and hang out with some folks. You can meet peter in person and realize he's actually very laid back.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #187
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ yeah i've been meaning to get out there, just been sort of busy. I'm real laid back myself. I know it's easy to talk crap online, but it's all for fun in my eyes.

Yeah, stance guys def ruined the bmw crowd, I got rid of my rota's, i'm rocking 14's with 70 series tires right now haha. I'm eyeballing some rpf1's, love those wheels.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #188
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Tuners do this all the time,
Yes, for the adjustment of their tune. not to tune it from scratch like how you described.

Quote:
not because i'm broke, but because I frankly don't give a sh#t about a 240sx lol.
I don't think you will get much of respect from any of real enthusiast for saying what you just said.

I am sure your FI'd hella flushed E36 M3 was nice and all. but the way you would treat the car (240sx in this case), I'd rather see the car driven by someone else.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #189
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ I forgot your a tuner man. gtfo

do a search on dyno vs street tunes from many different cars heres one with an EVO crowd. Can't get much worse than an evo crowd folks.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-gen...dyno-tune.html

Quote:
I prefer a street tune as the best you can get the car to it's actually capability. I think all cars should be street tuned then put on a dyno to maybe see some numbers and finish a few tweaks.
Quote:
From what I heard or was told street tune might be better since the car is getting tuned with actual driving conditions on the car while its getting a tune. but you won't get dyno numbers with it. I'm actually going with a street tune on my car once I get my cams and head studs put in.
Quote:
As far as the dyno vs. street tune goes, I personally prefer a street tune because I like seeing how the car reacts in real world conditions. Plus, with the Virtual Dyno programs available now, you can get a pretty accurate reading on what kind of power you're putting down. As far as safety goes, obviously the dyno is safer and will keep you from getting pulled over but a good tuner knows his area and likely already knows of several roads that he can tune on where traffic and police aren't an issue.
Quote:
There are plenty of reputable tuners out there doing sreet tunes, and just because someone tunes on a dyno, that doesn't make them a professional.
Thanks for your confidence. I do prefer tuning on the dyno, but a street tune can be just as good as a dyno tune. It just takes more time on the street.

Devin
REAL TUNER NOT K-STYLE

Quote:
So to sum it all up:

Dyno tune - safe, effective, quick

Street tune - fun, effective, time consuming

and thats why im getting a street tune "FUN"
hella flushed m3? lol, i'm not even going to comment on this ish. ccw's with 255's is hella flush stanced stretched wheels LOL

How exactly do I treat my car buddy? i'm not one of your super cool friends with a bunch of drift spares man. I'm a real enthusiast who doesn't care about whats in style.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #190
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
haha now you know it, stop saying nonsense and you get the fuck out.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #191
K_style
Post Whore!

FYI, More dumb stuff you say, it makes you more un-friendly if you know what I mean.

I am not call you a dumb btw
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #192
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:

do a search on dyno vs street tunes from many different cars heres one with an EVO crowd. Can't get much worse than an evo crowd folks.

Street tune VS Dyno tune - evolutionm.net

REAL TUNER NOT K-STYLE

hella flushed m3? lol, i'm not even going to comment on this ish. ccw's with 255's is hella flush stanced stretched wheels LOL

Thanks for link like how you posted somebody else's RB20 car last time.

What's that tuner's name BTW?

Do what you like. Perhaps you should get an EVO.

Like I said, more dumb shit you say, you are making your self more dumb.

HAHA
Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #193
K_style
Post Whore!

You have time to research all that but no time to take advises nor do actual research that helps your knowledge. Stop feeding your brain with bad information.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #194
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ why am i going to take some advice from a guy like you? all you do is talk crap man. just stay the f away from me when i go to one of these meets. I'm not your friend, nor am i here to make friends with know it alls like you.

I'm here to learn about things, not take advice from know it alls, that's the problem with people like you. You know it all. You have no room to grow. You know it all buddy.

you want the tuners name, here ya go know it all.

ASK FOR DEVIN
Boostin Performance (630)-458-9600
Home ot the World's Quickest & Fastest AWD 2G DSM!!
Home of the USA's Quickest & Fastest Evo 9!!

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/4109...-street-2.html

street vs dyno tune takes a few seconds to search for. Why am i an idiot? i'm not saying this stuff, im quoting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh
skipped everyones reply.

431whp srt4 tuned on the street most of it's life - it did see some dyno tunes but it was always finalized and checked on the street.

315whp break in tune on my built sr 35r full race kit was on the dyno, and will get it's full tune on the dyno...

I'd prefer all of the dyno tuning be done on the street but it's not always viable, depends on the tuner.

I agree. that's what started this discussion in the first place. I've been doing it this way since 1963, and yes, we had dynos back then. The time slip or the triple stopwatch lap timing board was the end game, not the dyno chart.

Bill
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #195
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This thread has meandered way of it's topic into some theoretical BS. Should have been closed when it turned into the meetup discussion 2 months ago.