Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #181
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdashy View Post
its not like GT5 is coming out anytime soon.

By the time it does I wont even care that I bought prologue, or maybe ill be glad cause they'll probably let you transfer credits.
That, AND you'll probably get a freebie with the first 3 licenses like GT3->GT4.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #182
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i picked one up yesterday..did anyone else? i figure i'd give it a shot since the full thing isnt gonna come out for a while
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #183
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It wont let me do online, keeps fucking up a download. WTF.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #184
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
just played online and won two out of two races

12,000 for a first place finish in the beginner races, not too shabby.

i don't know why they make you use a cappucino in the C class races though.. and no miata? uh.

they could've done a better car selection imo

3 suzukis? whatever.
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #185
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
You unlock quick tune after beating A,B and C events, where you can modify power ride height and other suspension settings.

No visual mods though.

Thats ok, those options are enough to play with for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Habit
It wont let me do online, keeps fucking up a download. WTF.
Yea the update wouldn't work for me either, got to about 50% and errored out
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #186
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
are any of you guys using the wheel? im debating if i should jsut pick up a madcatz one or just want for the offical one to come out.
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #187
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Ive got an old one. I'm gonna buy the g25 sometime though. Make a badass cockpit too.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #188
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So the question ive been having since i got my JDM one a while back is...YOU CANT MOD CARS?!?!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #189
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
So the question ive been having since i got my JDM one a while back is...YOU CANT MOD CARS?!?!
i know.. seriously.. it's kinda disappointing, but maybe an update will fix that?

btw, does anyone know what today's update even did?
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #190
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Japanese version = no mods for sale, no tuning
US version = no mods for sale, slight tune option with height/spring rate/powerband/not sure on what else

Also, did anyone notice on the race screen before you choose to start the race, on the top, it says "Gran Turismo 5: Prologue spec II" ? It simply justifies that the US version is simply an upgraded version of the Jap version.

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 04-17-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #191
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i think the ai is a little better. not like before they run you over like the
ppl online.

maybe once the damage update is available. ppl wont drive like idiots or maybe they will but, theyre getting ass wrecked.

i'll be on later :fedorthedestroyer
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #192
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Japanese version = no mods for sale, no tuning
US version = no mods for sale, slight tune option with height/spring rate/powerband/not sure on what else
camber, toe, downforce, transmission ratios, steering angle, tires (obviously), height, spring rates, dampers, ABS, traction control, stability management, and probably something else im forgetting
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #193
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
They just released two videos on GT:TV today:

The GT-R Legend inside story Part 1
First impression Lancer Evolution X

But I didn't have to download one of them, must've already been on the disk.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #194
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

I hope everyone's racing in "professional" mode. I had to retry a couple races in the last class. Also it doesn't help that I only wanted golds for all the races.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #195
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_orange_s2k View Post
are any of you guys using the wheel? im debating if i should jsut pick up a madcatz one or just want for the offical one to come out.
get this
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...3/product.html

Its still a good wheel.. better then any madcatz.. the only wheel better then it right now is the G25 which is over $200
Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #196
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

^^ Yeah, the Logitech DF-Pro is what I'm using now. Still love it.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #197
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Any of you guys using a wheel or pedals to play? I'm gonna start looking into this for when I buy a PS3 for this game.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #198
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dudes on the GTforums get waaay into this shit. hahah. Awesome.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #199
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Well I called gamestop, I guess prologue has $18 trade in value. I haven't beaten A class yet, but I'm trading it in anyways towards GTA4. Trading in some older PS2 games also.

Money is tight and I gotta get GTA4!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #200
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Well I called gamestop, I guess prologue has $18 trade in value. I haven't beaten A class yet, but I'm trading it in anyways towards GTA4. Trading in some older PS2 games also.

Money is tight and I gotta get GTA4!
I think we all understand.

Im thinking of trading in Warhawk for it, but I doubt that has much value.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #201
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I think we all understand.

Im thinking of trading in Warhawk for it, but I doubt that has much value.
I bought warhawk online

such a waste of money
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #202
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

It's been a while since I played GT5P because of the goddamn GTA4 bug biting me. With the whole GT Academy thing starting, I'm motivated to play again. If you guys still don't know about it, or haven't read from the separate thread about it, here's the info regarding GT Academy.

http://www.gtplanet.net/

Also, if you read about the Nurburgring track edition below that, expect a near-future big update with the Ring course, the Madrid course, and possibly more features!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #203
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
At the E3, Joystiq.com managed to track down Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi and get the latest info on Gran Turismo 5. What Yamauchi had to say is not good news for those who hoped to get a hold of the Playstation 3’s flagship product anytime soon.

According to the GT creator, the team is still working on improving GT5 Prologue via updates, new features mentioned are vehicle damage as well as new tracks and cars. Development of the full version is pushed further back, the full Gran Turismo 5 is not expected to be released before 2010. GT Mobile for the Playstation Portable is still in development too, you shouldn’t expect this one before 2011 though.

Meanwhile, Sony has launched GT TV, a ambitious product that offers Gran Turismo users high definition car video content such as car reviews and documentaries. GT TV can be watched on your Playstation and will contain a mix of free and pay-per-view content. Most notable shows include BBC’s legendary Top Gear magazine as well as coverage of the Japanese Super GT series. Below is a little trailer of what to expect..
http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo...se-date-gt-tv/

dam 2010 huh
Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #204
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Odd, what wasn't mentioned in that article is that they are coming out with Prologue 2 in the near future.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #205
camry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
camry is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gran Turismo 5 might actually be pushed back to 2010 because they're focusing on making prologue better right now.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-in-2010/
camry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #206
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^ fuck at this point Playstation 4 will be out by then dammit!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #207
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Jesus. They better be getting EVERYTHING done right! Like tire brand/air freshener scent/ and floor mat selection.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #208
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
^^^ fuck at this point Playstation 4 will be out by then dammit!
Actually Sony has said from the beginning that the PS3 is going to have a lot longer life cycle then previous systems. 10 years is what they are expecting from it.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #209
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
prologue updates?
i havent even touched prologue.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #210
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Actually Sony has said from the beginning that the PS3 is going to have a lot longer life cycle then previous systems. 10 years is what they are expecting from it.
Could be more. PS2s are still selling and they were released in 2001.

I haven't touched Prologue in a while either. Rockband, MGS4, and GTA4 are still pwning my life.