Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmking.aj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me with my noob troubles!!!!

Whats goin on zilvia,
im having some trouble with my car here and i dont want to mess it up even more than it is..

Well, i had blow this relay... its what used to be the 100 relay and i tried to remove it. I fucked it up. Bad lol
So im left with half of this relay, how do i remove and replace it? i suck at electrical

Is there anything im missing? Just to make sure....

Also im trying to hook up my efans, i have a switch and i have 12 gauge wire just confused on installation...

And last but not least, my messed up camber? I have aftermarket adjustable camber arms and i have 18x10 wheels
that im trying to put on but this camber is stoping me lol its a stock ruca thats not bent coilover is all the way to the top
cant figure out why its like this??? The other side is perfect fits right but the left side im puzzled....

Thanks hope someone could help me out!!
jdmking.aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
There should be two bolts underneath that 100 amp fuse that you undo to get it out

In regard to the Efans, you'll need to utilize Relays, and a switch (ore an aftermarket control unit) to make it all work easily. Derale makes a nice one you can get from Summitt (and searching)

Lastly, if you just put new RUCA on, you'll need to adjust them/get it aligned. You may have also put the eccentric washers back into the slots incorrectly as well. With that said, pick up some rear toe arms as well to fix the rear toe issue you're going to have being slammed and with that much camber.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
+1 on the relays for the fan, don't rely on a switch because one of two things could happen, you forget to turn them on and overheat or you forget to turn them off and end up with a dead battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
+1 on the relays for the fan, don't rely on a switch because one of two things could happen, you forget to turn them on and overheat or you forget to turn them off and end up with a dead battery.
I'll add a third one. the switch is not designed to take the power needed to drive the fan and starts a fire, burning the car.

When you dont know about electrics, dont try to guess and buy a fan controler.

If you want something safe, you need a relay, fuse, fuse holder, waterproof connectors, and a temp sensor; this way you will be able to have your efan work on its own, and force it on if you want to.

A fan controler is exactly that, so get one.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Yeah for the efans i am just going to buy the automatic thermostat control from autozone and hook it up to a relay.
Thats a stock ruca. It wasnt bent or anything, i have no idea why its all bent in like that.
i put on my 18x10 +30 wheel and on the other side it fit perfectly, on this side its been rubbing on my coilover.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Oh and the relay is my biggest problem right now... i cant get the relay out, where are the bolts? how do i get to them??
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

This is the problem with the rear wheel, stock everything but coilovers
Old 12-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Did you try messing with the eccentric bolts for camber? If so you will need to adjust that back. Also raise the car up a tad.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Did you try messing with the eccentric bolts for camber? If so you will need to adjust that back. Also raise the car up a tad.

I have no clue how those are on there, theyre just on there. When i took it out it looked fine. Im not sure what it is...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Those help to adjust your camber on a stock setup, they don't give all that much adjustment which is why aftermarket RUCA are needed. Also how do you have adjustable camber arms yet stock RUCA? The RUCA is your camber arm for the back.
Quote:

Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Since you seem pretty fucking clueless...You need to get an aftermarket Rear Upper Control Arm (RUCA). The problem you have is that since the car is low, the stock RUCA is not going to have enough adjustment to correct your camber (basically, shit is too fucking short). An aftermarket RUCA will get alot more adjustment and be able to extend further out to correct your camber. At the same time, you're Rear Toe arm is maxed out too at that height. So you need to get an aftermarket one too. Get those 2 things, put it on, eyeball your alignment and then go straight to an alignment shop.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

And get the SPL eccentric bolt lockout kit. It has been my observation that those stock bolts slip screwing up the alignment you just paid for. For that you must have adjustable RUCA and toe arms as stated above.
Quote:

Old 12-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmking.aj View Post
Oh and the relay is my biggest problem right now... i cant get the relay out, where are the bolts? how do i get to them??

its not a relay, its a fuse

Quote:

This is the problem with the rear wheel, stock everything but coilovers
post a pick of the other side. that is pretty drastic, looks like something is bent. take it to someone who knows about cars before you hurt yourself and people around you.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Well, fuse is fixed. I put on an RUCA after searching for an extended bolt. The camber is still not fixed, tried adjusting them out didnt work. Ordering toe arms soon
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well, fuse is fixed. I put on an RUCA after searching for an extended bolt. The camber is still not fixed, tried adjusting them out didnt work. Ordering toe arms soon
Toe Arms will not fix the camber issue. Sounds like you've got something bent or fubar up in there yet.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
jdmking.aj
Zilvia Member

Ill post a pic of everything down there, hope nothing is bent