Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
Tjk2world

Trader Rating: (0)
Tjk2world is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 How do I turn down the boost? Aem v1 Engine Management System

Greetings!
I have a 1989 Nissan 240sx. I bought it with a built ka24de in it, forged internals and bored cylinders. Car was running a garret t4 turbo, tial external wastegate, and AEM 10-2400 boost solenoid at 18 psi boost on the AEM Engine Management System series 1 and was dyno tuned to make 375hp at the wheels.

Recently this motor blew. I swapped in another ka with stock internals while keeping everything else the same. Not a big deal because I wanted something more conservative anyway. Now I want to have it retuned. I'm not looking for anything crazy, but instead something that is fun and also pretty reliable.
I just really need to turn the boost down to a safe level. I simply do not have the skills or knowhow with tuning to do so myself and i plan to have it tuned soon professionally on the dyno.
In the mean time, what is a setup I can do just to turn down my boost?
Manual boost controller(bleed valve)?
I just want to drift a little here and there and daily drive it even though it is not my only car.
Should i just bypass the boost solenoid to run on wastegaste pressure? If so do i just put a vaccum line connector to take the place of the boost solenoid?
I really don't want to plug the car in and mess with the tune.
Thanks in advance!
Tjk2world is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links