Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
WOW! seems like this is a large issue because i to have very similar issues.
2871rs
step 2 cams
z32 maf
850cc injectors
recirc BOV
greddy intake
Enthalpy rom tune
yadda yadda yadda

i just bought another iacv to test mine to it. i tried adjusting the screw in it and nothing. i havent really messed with the Throttle body set screw though.

i was told as well, and this couldnt be complete BS but if you are running a slim battery such as me, the slim batteries dont have enough reserve power to compensate the voltage draw when your idle is lower. My alternator doesnt charge the battery at startup unless i rev the car to about 3k rpm's then it will start the charging. i have taken it to auto zone, napa, car quest and they all say its good. BUT ITS NOT!!!

so point of my ranting here is check your voltage as well, especially on your decel. mine drops off like crazy...something like into the 11v area

oh, how are you setting your AFC on the decel? i guess i have missed that feature
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
240sx blue pearl

Trader Rating: (0)
240sx blue pearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
2871rs
step 2 cams
z32 maf
850cc injectors
recirc BOV
greddy intake
Enthalpy rom tune
yadda yadda yadda

i just bought another iacv to test mine to it. i tried adjusting the screw in it and nothing. i havent really messed with the Throttle body set screw though.

i was told as well, and this couldnt be complete BS but if you are running a slim battery such as me, the slim batteries dont have enough reserve power to compensate the voltage draw when your idle is lower. My alternator doesnt charge the battery at startup unless i rev the car to about 3k rpm's then it will start the charging. i have taken it to auto zone, napa, car quest and they all say its good. BUT ITS NOT!!!

so point of my ranting here is check your voltage as well, especially on your decel. mine drops off like crazy...something like into the 11v area

oh, how are you setting your AFC on the decel? i guess i have missed that feature

ive heard of this being a problem before too.. but according to my little radar detector, its a constant 14.0v-14.4v. going to see if i can pick up some of that MAF cleaner tonite. and as far as opening up the throttle plate to compensate, that is a last resort for me. I think there has got to be somthing up with this.
240sx blue pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
nothix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nothix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
2871rs
step 2 cams
z32 maf
850cc injectors
recirc BOV
greddy intake
Enthalpy rom tune
yadda yadda yadda

so are you saying that all you need to fix your problem is a new alternator or a new battery?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothix View Post
so are you saying that all you need to fix your problem is a new alternator or a new battery?
ummmm did he yadda yadda his engine modifications?
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
240sx blue pearl

Ok, I've gotten somewhere with this.
So far I have checked timing, repositioned tps according to spec, cleaned MAF, removed\ cleaned IACV, and the problem has basicly gone away. I drove a decent ammount today trying to get it to stall everywhere I went, but it only falls to about 650ish. Only once did it fall below that but it did not stall. I think the MAF cleaner is what did the trick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9190072.JPG (58.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg P9190073.JPG (31.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 09-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothix View Post
im not saying that is all i need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
ummmm did he yadda yadda his engine modifications?
i have posted my build list somewhere on here, i just dont feel like typing it all the time

I got my tuned ecu back from RS Enthalpy yesterday. plugged it in and fire up the car. To my suprise the car GREAT! No misfire issues and it idles at like 950(which is what i wanted), i revved it up and it almost stalled but it caught itself and kept running. I know its not the same as when its under a load in driving conditions but its a start.
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx blue pearl View Post
Ok, I've gotten somewhere with this.
So far I have checked timing, repositioned tps according to spec, cleaned MAF, removed\ cleaned IACV, and the problem has basicly gone away. I drove a decent ammount today trying to get it to stall everywhere I went, but it only falls to about 650ish. Only once did it fall below that but it did not stall. I think the MAF cleaner is what did the trick.

How exactly are you repositioning the TPS, that's the only thing I changed, and I'm having this problem.
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
How exactly are you repositioning the TPS, that's the only thing I changed, and I'm having this problem.
you have to set it with a voltmeter.i set mine to 4.5v.

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
240sx blue pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross.cottrill View Post
you have to set it with a voltmeter.i set mine to 4.5v.
exactly.

For an S14 SR the resistance across the TPS should be .7k ohms closed to 5k ohms open. ..when it is unplugged and key is off

To adjust it, you have to loosen the 2 screws then turn it with your hand