Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
fc3sace
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
fc3sace is making a name for him/her selffc3sace is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First Dyno on SR20 REDTOP

Ok so i dynoed my car yesteday on a DYNA PACK 3000
Mods: SR20DET Redtop at 7lbs of boost (stock)
Greddy FMIC w/ HKS SSQ
Megan Exhaust Manifold
T25 w/Stock Elbow
RSR downpipe
Test Pipe
Jic Titanium Exaust
Apexi AFC NEO
Stock fuel pump
Pretty much stock motor except for bolt ons listed

First Dyno pull: 196hp 186ft/lbs tq (with no afc tune)
Second Dyno pull: 200.1hp 196ft/lbs tq (AFC TUNE)
Third Dyno Pull: 203.6HP 198/ft lbs tq (AFC TUNE)

So overall i managed to pull about seven more hp from the AFC which is not bad. Basically the dyno was done to see how healthy the motor was before i upgraded to a Power FC and an T28R turbine.

LMK what u guys think... Thanks
fc3sace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
WhiteTE72GT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
WhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enoughWhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enoughWhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
pretty good. Where did you dyno the car?
WhiteTE72GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
fc3sace
Leaky Injector

fc3sace is making a name for him/her selffc3sace is making a name for him/her self
im in hawaii at the moment! But i Dynoed my car at a place called
MUNKY WURKS pretty reputable in Hawaii.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You better ditch that stock fuel pump before you upgrade anything else...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
fc3sace
Leaky Injector

I had my 255 installed but i took it out because the car was running like sh@# cause i had a stock fpr. Gonna get a new FPR then im putting it back in. Its running fine now compared to before but obviously it wasnt tuned either.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well i have almost your exact same mod list, but i got a walbro and no afc and my car feels like it has 100 hp
lolol
Old 08-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
aznrib
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
aznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have around the same mod list too... except that I have a aftermarket elbow and the walboro. I'm still running stock boost but it feels fine to me.
aznrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc3sace View Post
I had my 255 installed but i took it out because the car was running like sh@# cause i had a stock fpr. Gonna get a new FPR then im putting it back in. Its running fine now compared to before but obviously it wasnt tuned either.
Stock fpr works fine with a 255.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc3sace View Post
yeah its your actual fpr itself since you can pump as much fuel as you want, and the fpr's job is to limit it to a certain psi no matter how much it's flowing. you probably will put better numbers done after you just replace the fpr alone. since it could be causing small fuel problems but you just noticed it more with a better flowing pump which it couldn't handle
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
fc3sace
Leaky Injector

originally i think my stock fpr went bad so in turn jus ran like Sh**.
either way im jus gonna replace it with a aftermarket fpr. I would have definitely made a little more power considering i was leaning out cause the stock fuel pump could'nt keep up.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Stock fpr works fine with a 255.
Works fine and works how it should are very different. Most of the time the stock FPR (in cars I've worked on) ends up (with the 255, and the 255hp pumps) making the car run a few psi higher than needed.

This certianly won't hurt and engine, but will fatten the entire powerband (obviously).

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
well i have almost your exact same mod list, but i got a walbro and no afc and my car feels like it has 100 hp
lolol
Then your Sr is crap.. must have something horribly wrong with it.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Works fine and works how it should are very different. Most of the time the stock FPR (in cars I've worked on) ends up (with the 255, and the 255hp pumps) making the car run a few psi higher than needed.

This certianly won't hurt and engine, but will fatten the entire powerband (obviously).
Sounds like a faulty fpr if it can't even do it's job.

The op should not have been experiencing the problems he stated with such mods.