Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #31
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I think I could have done a better job with a booth and a bunch of rattle cans....
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #32
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
But either way you should just take it as a lesson learned like everyone else is saying.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #33
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
garofalory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
closer pix of the shit job I was given. Just a few pictures. Focus on dents, bondo showing, streaks on roof, lack of primer (flaking) shows no clear, etc...

streaks on roof

Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #34
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
See what I don't understand is how is it that you go and pick it up like this? Like, why would you drive it away? I would have flipped shit at the moment. All the wet sanding in the world couldn't have fixed that. Their are obvious bondo splotches everywhere and chips and no prep work done WHAT SO EVER. I mean it's common sense amirite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #35
garofalory
Leaky Injector

yea, but I was dropped off there...I had to go to work and that was the only car.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Again, what did you expect from a $900 paint job? Just be glad its the same color...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Again, what did you expect from a $900 paint job? Just be glad its the same color...
how does that look like $900? Maybe you should look at the pictures again. Looks like a $150 job.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #38
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garofalory View Post
yea, but I was dropped off there...I had to go to work and that was the only car.
Are you 18?
Quote:
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #39
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
how does that look like $900? Maybe you should look at the pictures again. Looks like a $150 job.
$150 wouldn't even pay for the materials to paint that car yourself. It looks like a $900 job.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #40
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Are you 18?

yes... why does that matter?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #41
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to russian
lol. 900 bucks for a paint job.
this shit looks horrid.

macco would have done it better. but always do your own prep. always. only let them spray.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #42
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
that sux bro! smh next time know the guy or unless youve heard good things from them.. i know someone that couldve made it look way better for 950! maybe less but hey shit happens man
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #43
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany View Post
that sux bro! smh next time know the guy or unless youve heard good things from them.. i know someone that couldve made it look way better for 950! maybe less but hey shit happens man
that's the thing though, I DID see pix of his previous work and it came out fine. Being a kid (18) he took advantage of me and the fact I paid in full.

What I am going to do is: go to him and give him an option. Either fix/re-do my whole car and make it RIGHT, and have him sign something saying it will be done within two weeks the way it was supposed to be done. OR I file a complaint with the Berau of Automotive Repair. They will take his business away/shut him down and fine him since he does not: have a license for auto repair/paint nor a paint booth. Then I will take him to small claims court. I have a stack about an inch and a half thick of good stuff I have against him. Either way I think I am straight.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #44
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
So if you think your straight...whats the fucking point of posting all this? I still say eat it and let it be a lesson learned. Never ever pay any work done in full until its done. Gives you the leverage when the end product is fucked.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #45
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So if you think your straight...whats the fucking point of posting all this? I still say eat it and let it be a lesson learned. Never ever pay any work done in full until its done. Gives you the leverage when the end product is fucked.
Your high post count doesn't excuse your behavior, prick.

I want to see what comes of this .
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #46
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
First, it really doesn't look like any real prep work was done at all. Everything under the paint looks horrid. Paint would look nicer with a wetsand and clearcoat.

You can't get your money back if you didn't go to a ligitimate company or signed some kind of contract stating that if work is sub-par or flat out shitty you should be reimbursed.

Basically you paid him $900 to paint your car. I do see that he painted your car, so sadly he keeps the money. :/
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #47
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post

What behavior? Cuz what I'm saying is fucking true? You dont ever pay somebody full price right off the bat. He got taken advantage of but what can he really do against the painter? Sounds like some janky ass fly by night operation. What the fuck is BBB gonna do? Nada, zit, wala, zero, rien, ingenting, niente, 무가치, Ничего, nashi...basically nothing. You're 20 yrs old, you can bitch and complain about something like this but in the end...you'll just end up wasting more time, money and effort trying to resolve it, its just not fucking worth it.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #48
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
yes... why does that matter?
It matters a lot actually. In fact, it explains exactly why this happened to you.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #49
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:

yea it'll be interesting to see what happens. I had a special friend/person of mine who is a lawyer and look him up...this has happened before so it might rule in my favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Kalamari View Post
First, it really doesn't look like any real prep work was done at all. Everything under the paint looks horrid. Paint would look nicer with a wetsand and clearcoat.

You can't get your money back if you didn't go to a ligitimate company or signed some kind of contract stating that if work is sub-par or flat out shitty you should be reimbursed.

Basically you paid him $900 to paint your car. I do see that he painted your car, so sadly he keeps the money. :/
We'll see! hahaaha I think I have a strong case against him...a prior fuck up taking advantage of a kid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
It matters a lot actually. In fact, it explains exactly why this happened to you.
besides $ and getting taken advantage of...
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #50
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
What behavior? Cuz what I'm saying is fucking true? You dont ever pay somebody full price right off the bat. He got taken advantage of but what can he really do against the painter? Sounds like some janky ass fly by night operation. What the fuck is BBB gonna do? Nada, zit, wala, zero, rien, ingenting, niente, 무가치, Ничего, nashi...basically nothing. You're 20 yrs old, you can bitch and complain about something like this but in the end...you'll just end up wasting more time, money and effort trying to resolve it, its just not fucking worth it.
Agree with you on this one, this guy got doped by a scum bag. This is one of the worst attempts at paint and body I have seen in a long time. Maaco would have looked better or maybe a rattle can job done in the drive way
buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #51
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope to hell you get your money back! You just never know with our court systems
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #52
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
As many have stated, you shouldn't have expected much from a $900 paint job had you bothered doing some research on what a "real" paint job costs.

Yes, people can paint their own cars with good materials for under $1,000 at times (with show quality results too), but that is taking into account having your own air compressor, gun, and tools.

You can't really go after the guy if there wasn't signed paperwork involved stating what would be done and if there would be any warranties involved. Did this guy take advantage of you? Sure. Just be glad you got your car back in one piece and take it as a hard-learned lesson. Do your research next time. If you can't do it yourself, take it to someone reputable.

Everything appears to have been shot on the car too.

Think of it this way, after seeing the terrible job he did on your car, do you really think going back to him, complaining about it, demanding it be redone, and leaving the car in his possession would be a good idea? If it were my car, I wouldn't want him anywhere near it.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #53
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I hate these threads. I paid 950 for paint and body. Why does my car look like shit. It looks like shit because you are a cheap bastard. Stop your crying and man up and face that fact. If you want show winning paint pay for it.

200 dollar coupe.

After 3500 on paint and body work

Let me guess your next thread. "why does my 1200.00 ls1 have a hole in the block and an auto trans?"
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #54
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Going to an established business gives you some peace of mind that you
can file a complaint or take the business to court when they fuck up.
It's part of the reason you pay more. Suing someone working out his garage is tougher.
Even if you win, you may have a hard time collecting.

I think a lot of us car people, specially the younger broke variety, have an absurd
idea of what paint work entails and should cost. Only by doing it myself did I realize the
amount of work - this without taking into account price of supplies - that goes into
doing it right.
I think that if you have a car with a pretty clean body that requires little to no bodywork - just a
few dings and chips - a cheap scuff and single stage spray (what you're usually getting
when you pay under 1k) can be acceptable.
Judging by the pictures from the OP, that car required a good amount of body work and prep to do the job right. It's simply delusional to think someone that's out to make money
could do that on the cheap.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #55
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmspooge View Post
If you want to get a good paint job, lemme know. I can refer you to MasterCare Body and Paint in San Marcos. Let them know that "J" sent you. They'll take care of you!
thats so sleezy. shit like this reminds me of the password from leisure suit larry to enter the prostitutes room "ken sent me"

come on... thats bullshit. it shouldnt make a shits worth of a difference who sent you, a job should be done right PERIOD. saying "J sent me" simply means you're getting a cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian View Post
but always do your own prep. always. only let them spray.
come on. people always try to give these advice for cheap shortcuts. do your own prep my ass. how many people know how to prep? it takes a lot of experience to really know how to sand & fill, etc... using the proper fillers. bottom line, just GO to a good reputable shop and STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the bad ones. THE END.

Quote:
that's the thing though, I DID see pix of his previous work and it came out fine. Being a kid (18) he took advantage of me and the fact I paid in full.

What I am going to do is: go to him and give him an option. Either fix/re-do my whole car and make it RIGHT, and have him sign something saying it will be done within two weeks the way it was supposed to be done. OR I file a complaint with the Berau of Automotive Repair. They will take his business away/shut him down and fine him since he does not: have a license for auto repair/paint nor a paint booth. Then I will take him to small claims court. I have a stack about an inch and a half thick of good stuff I have against him. Either way I think I am straight.
you're a fucking idiot. no ones going to do shit. i got hosed by a body shop yeaaaaaaaaars ago and they're still operating and still doing the same shit. government has better things to do than shut down individuals who are working to put food on the table. you're just a kid who thinks his problems are at the top of the list.

bottom line: no one cares.

Quote:
(To fliprayzin240sx) Your high post count doesn't excuse your behavior, prick.
yeah? well your low post count doesnt............................ SHUT THE FUCK UP.

thanks
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #56
garofalory
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
thats so sleezy. shit like this reminds me of the password from leisure suit larry to enter the prostitutes room "ken sent me"

come on... thats bullshit. it shouldnt make a shits worth of a difference who sent you, a job should be done right PERIOD. saying "J sent me" simply means you're getting a cut

come on. people always try to give these advice for cheap shortcuts. do your own prep my ass. how many people know how to prep? it takes a lot of experience to really know how to sand & fill, etc... using the proper fillers. bottom line, just GO to a good reputable shop and STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the bad ones. THE END.

you're a fucking idiot. no ones going to do shit. i got hosed by a body shop yeaaaaaaaaars ago and they're still operating and still doing the same shit. government has better things to do than shut down individuals who are working to put food on the table. you're just a kid who thinks his problems are at the top of the list.

bottom line: no one cares.

yeah? well your low post count doesnt............................ SHUT THE FUCK UP.

thanks

if you don't care then get the fuck off my thread. Not that hard BRUH.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #57
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i feel sorry for your mother.....
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #58
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80d View Post
After 3500 on paint and body work

Let me guess your next thread. "why does my 1200.00 ls1 have a hole in the block and an auto trans?"
Hmm...over $3k and they didnt take the glass off? We got a shop out here called Stock or Modified in VB that does awesome job, their paint starts off at around that price. I have yet to see a car come out of there that looks like poopies. Unfortunately, I'll never afford that shit...plus with my luck, I'll have a drunk driver plow into the car 5 hrs after I get it out of paint.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #59
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
$150 wouldn't even pay for the materials to paint that car yourself. It looks like a $900 job.
exactly. time is money, you didnt pay money, you cant expect to get labor time. now you're gonna threaten to take away the dudes method of making income because YOU didnt have the sense to pay the price for quality work? thats just ridiculous. youre paying the price for youre education in how to have a car painted. next time you know to go where you have been referred by a person you trust and whos work youve seen IN PERSON, state exactly what you want and get pricing for each step in a written estimate, then sign a workorder. and if it sounds too good to be true, it is. your idiocy in handling this offends me, seriously.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #60
Lugged

Lugged is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i feel sorry for your mother.....
Starts at 1:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8lRjXf2IK0#t=1m44s
Lugged is offline   Reply With Quote