Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
xtreme silvia

Trader Rating: (0)
xtreme silvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JDM s14 brakes on US 90 240sx

My friend gave me a complete JDM S14 5 lug conversion w/ front and rear brakes intact with the e-brake cables (all parts are from JDM S14).

I was wondering if I still need the 300zx brake lines for the front brakes, and if the JDM S14 e-brake cables will work for my 90 240sx or if I need the R33 e-brake cables?
xtreme silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
jdm s14 5 lug conversion is same as usdm 5lug so you would need the same parts. rear hub is a bolt on affair. front you should use the s14 front spindle + 5lug hub and use the s14 ball joint and front lower control arm or press an s14 ball joint into s13 flca. you will have to drill your s13 shock mount holes bigger to accomodate the s14 strut bolts or you can reuse s13 strut bolts with some adaptor spacers you buy online or get a machine shop to make.

for the brakes, the front jdm s14 are the same as z32 iron. you can use the rotor and calipers should bolt on. you should get some conversion lines.

rear jdm s14 brakes are the same as usdm s14 rear brakes. dont waste your time with those. the calipers are practically same as the s13 rear calipers, except the calipers are a little different to accomodate the different ebrake lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
jdm s14 5 lug conversion is same as usdm 5lug so you would need the same parts. rear hub is a bolt on affair. front you should use the s14 front spindle + 5lug hub and use the s14 ball joint and front lower control arm or press an s14 ball joint into s13 flca. you will have to drill your s13 shock mount holes bigger to accomodate the s14 strut bolts or you can reuse s13 strut bolts with some adaptor spacers you buy online or get a machine shop to make.

for the brakes, the front jdm s14 are the same as z32 iron. you can use the rotor and calipers should bolt on. you should get some conversion lines.

rear jdm s14 brakes are the same as usdm s14 rear brakes. dont waste your time with those. the calipers are practically same as the s13 rear calipers, except the calipers are a little different to accomodate the different ebrake lines.

Thanks for the information bro
koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote