Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
RickBlaine

Trader Rating: (0)
RickBlaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust piping size - OEM system/Cat delete question

Gents,

My original exhaust has had it. I need to replace it this week. A local muffler shop is quoting me $180 installed for everything behind the catalytic converter (includes resonator and muffler).

1) I searched and my understanding is that the stock exhaust size for a 1991 Nissan 240sx (with automatic transmission) is 2 1/4 inches outside diameter (o.d).
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=77119

If that size is incorrect please let me know the correct size....

2) Catalytic converter delete: I want to temporarily install a test pipe in place of the original catalytic converter. Will this throw any engine codes in a 1991 model? The 02 sensor is "upstream"- so I don't think it will, but I am not the expert here.

3) To add a MagnaFlow catalytic converter later (universal one- not CARB compliant), which nuts and bolts (stainless) will be the least resistant to rust so I can install/remove the catalytic converter/test pipe?

4) Please note that the car is 100% stock, with 103,000 miles, and does not burn a drop of oil. I have no plans to modify THIS car.

5) I am older, and do not want to attract attention. I was actually pulled over yesterday because my exhaust gasket between the cat and the rear pipe blew out- making lots of noise. Next week I start getting ticketed- and I do NOT want one of those 4" coffee can exhausts that local youths all get.

I need your help please! Thank you!
RickBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links