Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #9871
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Interesting video.

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-how-a-20-...1787483103/amp
Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #9872
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Got some real stimulating conversation going on in dem comment sections.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #9873
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nissan should do a platform share with Ford, take an Ecoboost Mustang and re-skin it to be the new Silvia.

High HP 4 CYL turbo,
Light
RWD
6speed
IRS
Healthy wheelbase..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #9874
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Nissan should do a platform share with Ford, take an Ecoboost Mustang and re-skin it to be the new Silvia.

High HP 4 CYL turbo,
Light
RWD
6speed
IRS
Healthy wheelbase..
Fuck, with ANYONE! But more than likely it would be MB since they are already platform sharing. A new Z on a new SLK platform makes sense. Essentially what Toyota and BMW are doing with the next Z5 and Supra.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #9875
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Fuck, with ANYONE! But more than likely it would be MB since they are already platform sharing. A new Z on a new SLK platform makes sense. Essentially what Toyota and BMW are doing with the next Z5 and Supra.

Because the SLK has always been known far and wide as an inspirational performance sports car.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #9876
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Because the SLK has always been known far and wide as an inspirational performance sports car.
Did I say all that did I? It's the closest platform wise though that MB has.

Although none of that is likely to happen with the Z considering the new Q60 is already out and is stiiiiiill soldiering on with the same old platform.

Last edited by exitspeed; 10-06-2016 at 01:07 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:33 PM   #9877
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Wow first off being an M3 owner and having some taste I can personally say a FiST is a better option than a New Civic type R. As to the Honda beating the M3 there are a lot factors there, stock old= worn out suspension pieces down on stock hp due to tired top end etc... vs 20 year newer and New.
I test drove a Ford Focus ST and it felt a lot like an M3 just less predictable, mind ya it has the same amount of HP and TQ as my M3. It's an impressive car that if Ford put bigger sways on and tightened up the steering would be a monster. Of course they don't want to take away from the RS and they actually did all that and more with the Fiesta ST and it is a little monster.

I would take a Fiesta ST over the type R any day of the week as well . I am one of those people that feels that new Honda is ugly.

Now addressing the Mercedes Nissan collab idea for the next Z . Are you freaking nuts lol. Mercedes while being know for sporting is firmly entrenched in the luxo sport GT world. The Z was the Japanese entry into a real Sports car for a great deal department. Now granted Mazda managed to steal a bit of that thunder with the Miata. Expect the Z was a coupe and had more power. Yes Nissan drifted into the GT category a bit with the Z but not to the level of a SLK .
They also tried to bring it back to the straight sports car concept with the 350. After all they did not want it crowding out or diminishing the Skyline/GTR.
It was merely their flagship car here in the U.S. Before we got the GTR and the Skylines under the Infiniti nameplate, as well as the President(Q45-50) and other Nissan luxo cars.

It would make no sense whatsoever to base the Z platform on a SLK as most of the rumblings over the past few years have spoken of a smaller lighter Z with a possible hybrid engine. Now I could see Nissan using Mercedes turbo hybrid engine design from their F1 work. Yet that might be more of a GTR thing as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #9878
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Yall are gonna hate me for this, but the next Z needs to be a successor to the Z32 rather than the S30, IMO. There's already a 3.0TT engine waiting for it. Take it back to the days when the Z was a Vette fighter in both price and performance. The GT350 shows that there's room in that market, I think. Bring back the name 300ZX and everything. No N/A version, all turbo and battling the $50k crowd. Screw the entry level. Let the peasants have their peasant Silvias... lol
Old 10-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #9879
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Yall are gonna hate me for this, but the next Z needs to be a successor to the Z32 rather than the S30, IMO. There's already a 3.0TT engine waiting for it. Take it back to the days when the Z was a Vette fighter in both price and performance. The GT350 shows that there's room in that market, I think. Bring back the name 300ZX and everything. No N/A version, all turbo and battling the $50k crowd. Screw the entry level. Let the peasants have their peasant Silvias... lol
I agree wth you 50% here. The next Z should start at $45k and go up to the low $60's in Nismo trim. It should be a Vette competitor and not a Mustang/Camaro competitor. Like you said, the engine is already there under the hood of the new Q60's. Let the muscle cars try to out muscle each other.

Where I disagree is that with you is screw the entry level. Why not compete? I mean we know they WON'T, but if the Z went up market there's plenty of room for an entry level RWD coupe from $25-$35 with 250hp.

I mean how exciting would a Nissan dealership showroom look with a Sentra SER, a entry RWD coupe, a Vette killer Z, and a super car slaying next gen hybrid GTR? Fuck, I want to walk into that dreamland.

Then you have cars you can advertise a brand around. Right now Nissan is so faceless.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #9880
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^I got half way through typing out a long response & then I just stopped caring...blahhhhhh
Old 10-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #9881
Corbic
Post Whore!

The 350Z was the most successful Z to date. It did that by combining style performance and price.

In 2003 it cost $2,000 more then a Mustang GT, had 27 more horsepower, got 2mpg better and blew it away in handling, breaking and build quality.

The S197 came out the Mustang GT was now heavier, didn't really handle much better and now cost the same. The GT still used a POS TR3050 transmission and now had a 300hp 3V.

Nissan bumped up the power first with the Rev-Up and then High-Rev engines.

The Z34 brought a knife to a gun fight.

It didn't reduce weight, the interior and storage space suck more then the Z33, the styling sucks, prices increased and the Pony cars got better. A lot fucking better.

Nissan needs to go back to basics.

32-35k, 3,400lb car with +400hp.

They are simply not able to compete in the 40-60k range.

That's 350GTs, Corvettes and M2s.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #9882
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

That's 350GTs, Corvettes and M2s.
It's GT350, get it right prick.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #9883
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
It's GT350, get it right prick.
Mustang guy doesn't even know Mustangs.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #9884
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post

High HP 4 CYL turbo,
Light
RWD
6speed
IRS
Healthy wheelbase..
You mean pigfat heavy.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:13 AM   #9885
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

For $700 the 4 cyl Mustang puts out GT numbers from the dealer. 335hp and 390ft lbs torque.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/f...upgrade-15235/

Again, why Toyota and Subaru should be offering a turbo on the twins. Even if was like 240hp stock and you could get like 280 out of it from a dealer package, those cars would be super quick. Fucking pipe dreams though. Mind as well be hoping for an iDX.

EVERYONE HAS TURBOCHARGED ENGINES RIGHT NOW. It makes no sense.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #9886
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
IT DOESNT HAVE TO LOIS, THE CAR HANDLES WELL!!!

Remember Mel, people only want cars that take turns well... they dont care about horsepower numbers. The almighty Toyota gods have decreed this!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #9887
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
For $700 the 4 cyl Mustang puts out GT numbers from the dealer. 335hp and 390ft lbs torque.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/f...upgrade-15235/

Again, why Toyota and Subaru should be offering a turbo on the twins. Even if was like 240hp stock and you could get like 280 out of it from a dealer package, those cars would be super quick. Fucking pipe dreams though. Mind as well be hoping for an iDX.

Reminds me of the GMPP option for the turbo Solstice/Sky. Very very cool. The HP of the 370Z and the torque of a modern small block V8 from a turbo 4. Didn't someone say they saw some selling for like $21k? lol

They say it's as much as 100hp more at 6,000rpm... the place all the reviewers said the Ecoboost would run out of steam and fall on it's face. Can we say "Problem Fixed"?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #9888
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Reminds me of the GMPP option for the turbo Solstice/Sky. Very very cool. The HP of the 370Z and the torque of a modern small block V8 from a turbo 4. Didn't someone say they saw some selling for like $21k? lol
Yeah that was an awesome dealer option to offer.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #9889
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Autoblog seems thoroughly unimpressed with virtually every aspect of the new Sentra Turbo. Lol

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/2...-drive-review/
Old 10-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #9890
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Autoblog seems thoroughly unimpressed with virtually every aspect of the new Sentra Turbo. Lol

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/11/2...-drive-review/
Ya they don't even mention the FiST which smashes the Sentra SR turbo in all aspects. Hell the Ford Ecoboost 1.6 pushes 197 hp and 215 ft lbs TQ. Plus Ford Germany reengineered the whole damn chassis from suspension to steering , transmission and engine.

It's like way to go Nissan great way to increase Ford sales.

Once again Nissan fails.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #9891
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya they don't even mention the FiST which smashes the Sentra SR turbo in all aspects. Hell the Ford Ecoboost 1.6 pushes 197 hp and 215 ft lbs TQ. Plus Ford Germany reengineered the whole damn chassis from suspension to steering , transmission and engine.

It's like way to go Nissan great way to increase Ford sales.

Once again Nissan fails.

i just bought a Fiesta ST last friday. really really fun car.

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #9892
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Nice Fiesta ST, seems like Ford is pushing all the right buttons these days, Nissan is not. Old Nissan is the best Nissan in my books.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #9893
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review

There's no denying the performance and bang for your buck with the Camaro. I still think it's a good looking auto.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #9894
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Out of curiousity, has there already been a 4cyl comparison test between the Mustang and Camaro? Wondering which one is more of a 'spiritual successor' to the Silvia than the other. The platform used for the Camaro is great, but IMO the Mustang looks so much better.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #9895
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
There's a few on YouTube.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:48 PM   #9896
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
ive read a detailed review of the Camaro vs Mustang. Camaro falls on its face in the braking department HARDCORE!!! Also the Camaro pulls the Mustang in a straight line just slightly due to weight difference, but over the all the Mustang is much better choice... even in the handling the dept the old Pony beats the Camaro out.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 PM   #9897
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive read a detailed review of the Camaro vs Mustang. Camaro falls on its face in the braking department HARDCORE!!! Also the Camaro pulls the Mustang in a straight line just slightly due to weight difference, but over the all the Mustang is much better choice... even in the handling the dept the old Pony beats the Camaro out.
The Camaro is lighter than the Mustang in every trim. And most comparos I've seen, the Camaro bests the Mustang in every trim, when it comes to actual performance. The last one I just watched, they gave it to the Mustang because of visibility and it was an easier "daily". But the Camaro beat it when it came to performance.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #9898
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Sorry, I was talking about the 4 banger models...

Old 10-19-2016, 06:41 PM   #9899
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Between the 4 pots, I'd take the mustang. But that new Chevy v6 isn't a slouch and sounds pretty damned good too. And I hate v6 noise.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #9900
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Sorry, I was talking about the 4 banger models...
Pretty sure the Camaro is still lighter.