Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #61
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
i was not aware that stopping immigration and drugs was mutually exclusive with "messing with car enthusiasts"
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #62
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyS14DET View Post
The "person" who got said letter live in the state of California ??
The letter was sent from the a US attorney's office, located in Santa Ana, CA.
No mention in the letter, or the article which State the owner is located.

If it is indeed a Federal matter, the owner of the car could plausibly be located in a different state (I'm guessing here).
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #63
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
As always more goverment b.s. I'd be curious to see how this all plays out.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #64
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dreams View Post
I never asked this since it's so annoying to hear about imported cars, but why don't people find a p.o.s s13 or s14 and swap all the vins onto their skylines? i mean how can a cop possibly prove that a skyline isn't a 240 w/ extensive fabbing to appear as a skyline?
not reading the whole thread.
same ol stuff

but this is done more than you would think.
alot of the cars arent daily driven though.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #65
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
So I take it, any Skyline entering the country today or in the near future cannot legally (or "legally") be driven on the street even with loopholes in DMV paperwork?
Ya Teddy you are correct. The loopholes are codel snafu's. There are laws already on the books that would supersede them.

Ever seen a vehicle code handbook? Its bigger than a bible. They have about 15 different codes just for writing a speeding ticket. Same goes for noise tickets and just about everything else.

Plus DMV is again a state thing. This is Federal stuff we are talking about and Federal supersedes state in matters of DOT and NSHTA.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #66
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
The letter was sent from the a US attorney's office, located in Santa Ana, CA.
No mention in the letter, or the article which State the owner is located.

If it is indeed a Federal matter, the owner of the car could plausibly be located in a different state (I'm guessing here).
The USA from Santa Ana is from the Central Federal Court District of California. They would not be sending letters to people from out of state; a USA's jurisdiction is over their district only (generally).
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #67
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"very truly yours"

what a bunch of morons... though think of the brightside...

at this rate maybe those worthless and countless cobra fiber cars may actually be worth something once theyre illegal to make

forget drunk drivers we all know that skyline gtrs are a menace on the roads.. not only do they cause skin cancer and kill polar bears.. but they kill 34524352 americans a year... forget MADD, GAS is the new shit.. government against skylines

another thought...

with the gov so invested in cars now.. its funny how their action isnt too far from a dealer trying to keep people off his turf
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #68
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It is ironic that the people who actually try to do the legal thing and want to register their Skylines to pay taxes on them are the ones who get burned out most by this.

Yet you can legally register dune buggies.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #69
AutoTune
BANNED

AutoTune is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceepo View Post
First fail was registering it as a skyline, need to register it as a kit car or something so the they cant goverment cant track it, idk, utah is totally diffrent the other states, we can get state issued vin numbers so the fed. gov. cant track a state issued vin, i had a freind register 5 skylines he imported as a Nissan 2door coupe on the title lol... i dont think any of his customers have had any problems with them either...
here's the shity part....you live in utah
Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #70
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
The USA from Santa Ana is from the Central Federal Court District of California. They would not be sending letters to people from out of state; a USA's jurisdiction is over their district only (generally).
Got it.
Good to know.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #71
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
"very truly yours"

what a bunch of morons... though think of the brightside...

at this rate maybe those worthless and countless cobra fiber cars may actually be worth something once theyre illegal to make

forget drunk drivers we all know that skyline gtrs are a menace on the roads.. not only do they cause skin cancer and kill polar bears.. but they kill 34524352 americans a year... forget MADD, GAS is the new shit.. government against skylines

another thought...

with the gov so invested in cars now.. its funny how their action isnt too far from a dealer trying to keep people off his turf
Haha rofl. I feel you on this subject. I find it stupid for a person who wants a R32/R33/R34 and doesn't want to be shady and do everything legitimately. Yes they are not as fast as a R35 GTR and they are not left hand drive, etc but some people do not care about performance. I know some of you cannot get your head around that, but some people have just a love and passion for a particular car. If a guy growing up, falls in love with a R33 and years later when he is older and has the money to get one, he gets it. Why is that so bad? Well Yes it’s not DOT approved, and yes it’s not DOT safe but so isn't a Ford model T and I have seen one in Dallas drive on the city roads. Also with each state having so many rules and standers for car inspections I don't think the Feds should be handling this. It should be a state to state ruling on what they allow on their state roads. The fact that the Fed government is getting involved means that somebody high up has an agenda and a plan of what to do with these cars. Now I am not some anti Government hippy, but there is a line that I believe they are crossing and I would not be surprised if this makes it to the appeals court and if it gets really bad the Supreme Court. *End Rant* lol
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #72
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya Teddy you are correct. The loopholes are codel snafu's. There are laws already on the books that would supersede them.
Hmm. Perhaps there would be more of a chance of working something out in a state like Florida?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #73
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Hmm. Perhaps there would be more of a chance of working something out in a state like Florida?
Forida is just not concerned about any of this kind of enforcement. The state is pretty lax on smog laws and registration laws from what I have heard.

If you don't mind running into the chance of your ass getting blown away 5 or 6 times a year on a seasonal basis? If you don't mind extreme humidity with your heat? Move there.

I for one would not want to live in Florida I fucking hate humidity.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #74
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
good luck. you need credentials on paper and then some, its easier than most, but not super easy. if it was everyone interested in s-chassis and more would have a jdm car. it really depends on who you deal with and who you know. just my 2 cents.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #75
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Forida is just not concerned about any of this kind of enforcement. The state is pretty lax on smog laws and registration laws from what I have heard.

If you don't mind running into the chance of your ass getting blown away 5 or 6 times a year on a seasonal basis? If you don't mind extreme humidity with your heat? Move there.

agreed, humidity does suck. we do however have zero enforcement on smog laws (dunno on registration) and the last real hurricane here was 2004 and even that was blown way out of proportion on the media, as long as you don't live on the coast (where no one should be allowed to build anyways) or in a trailer you'll be fine.

on topic, I've seen a few skylines around here (and s15's) and havent really heard about any problems so far, I won't lie and say I frequent local forums much anymore though.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #76
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:

I'm not talking about moving to Florida, I'm talking about having the car imported to LA, trailered to Florida for a very basic (from what I've heard) inspection and having it registered with Florida plates. Afterwards picking up a Florida license, because apparently they don't require you to forfeit your CA license, and bringing back the whole ordeal to CA. Get pulled over? Show the fuzz your Florida ID and theoretically, you should be okay.

Seems difficult, but maybe a possibility?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #77
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
From what I've heard however, you can't have a vehicle registered out of state for longer than a month. Not too sure though, its been a long time since I lived in california.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #78
piranhamatt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
piranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
US Attorney Thomas O'Brien stepping down

Maybe because he wrote/dictated horrible letters?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #79
Dee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
Dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Just conform and buy a Prius! No more worrys.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #80
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
lol as much as the US tries to stop illegal imported cars..why dont they try doing the same for drugs,and other illegal activities that happen WITH IN the US!!!!

government to caught up in stoppin non-fatal activities..LOL

MY 2 CENTS ITS NOT THE CARS THAT KILL PEOPLE,ITS THE STUPID DRIVERS THAT DRIVE THEM THAT DO,WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LHD vs RHD..NOTHING LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #81
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
the us gov has alot of problems with drugs terrorist(here in the US) etc etc. but you guys need to realize theres DOT and NHTSA for a reason. its someones job to work on this. get over it. fact of life. now lets all keep driving our Sr'd powered cars until we get smog check point'd and cry about how we didnt know it was illegal
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #82
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
lol as much as the US tries to stop illegal imported cars..why dont they try doing the same for drugs,and other illegal activities that happen WITH IN the US!!!!

government to caught up in stoppin non-fatal activities..LOL

MY 2 CENTS ITS NOT THE CARS THAT KILL PEOPLE,ITS THE STUPID DRIVERS THAT DRIVE THEM THAT DO,WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LHD vs RHD..NOTHING LOL
You're right. They don't do ANYTHING towards drugs or other illegal activities.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #83
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS240sxS13 View Post
Haha rofl. I feel you on this subject. I find it stupid for a person who wants a R32/R33/R34 and doesn't want to be shady and do everything legitimately. Yes they are not as fast as a R35 GTR and they are not left hand drive, etc but some people do not care about performance. I know some of you cannot get your head around that, but some people have just a love and passion for a particular car. If a guy growing up, falls in love with a R33 and years later when he is older and has the money to get one, he gets it. Why is that so bad? Well Yes it’s not DOT approved, and yes it’s not DOT safe but so isn't a Ford model T and I have seen one in Dallas drive on the city roads.
your not comparing apples with apples, son. leave the oranges out of this.

to crush your comparison, you CANNOT compare the model T or any older vintage vehicle and for one reason, because those cars complied to the rules of the road here in the US AT THE TIME THEY WERE MANUFACTURED AND SOLD. The R32/33/34 has never, and will never comply with our rules.. hence the reason it was never sold here.

Furthermore, the model T does not have RHD headlights, nor does it have 250-300+ HP of twin turbo power.. it has like 50, maybe 80.. whatever.

There are reasons and reasons and reasons why foreign cars should not be used on US roads. Sitting on the wrong side of the car can also cause problems, there have been studies about this. We're not delivering mail now, are we?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #84
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I though it was a free country, and the people that say buy a r35 or a zo6, well what if some people want an r33 not because its better or worse but just because you want it. Some people have tons of money but they dont chose to live in a giant mansion in Beverly Hills but a regular 2 story house. As for emission thats such BS, they fail VISUAL inspection, just like the SR in a 240.
Now befor you all get pissy and start giving me the "oh its the law" line, yea its the law but even if we follow the law we still get busted take for instance my "carb legal" intake, got a 450 dollar ticket for that. So if the cops and goverment dont want to follow their own laws than its war.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #85
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^^^^
Go for it.

Fight the US Government about illegal cars and tell us how it goes.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #86
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i think the whole thing is funny
i think importing cars is radical
but for track use
imo even putting an intake on a car and driving around is stupid. more power? faster? for what..the supermarket?

modify cars for the track, not for street because imo, its just stupid. who the hell cares if your xxx is faster then my car?
because im pretty sure in traffic, you may take off fast but ill see you at the next redlight

modifying is fantastic, i love it! but for track cars, full track cars. no emissions fancy gas big ass turbos and tires. have fun there, go nuts. but not on the streets. its just stupid

and RHD on the streets is plain retarded
see everything mike wrote.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #87
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
JDM cars on US roads is ghhheeeyyy.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #88
thisisastickup
Zilvia Junkie

thisisastickup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
ballers on a budget, always destined for mediocreness
you lose points for "mediocreness."

mediocrity.
mediocrity.
mediocrity.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #89
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
here is what you do Have your mom rent out a storage place in her name like a unit and just park your car in there and the gov will never get it =]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #90
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

z2roll4life7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
i think the whole thing is funny
i think importing cars is radical
but for track use
imo even putting an intake on a car and driving around is stupid. more power? faster? for what..the supermarket?

modify cars for the track, not for street because imo, its just stupid. who the hell cares if your xxx is faster then my car?
because im pretty sure in traffic, you may take off fast but ill see you at the next redlight

modifying is fantastic, i love it! but for track cars, full track cars. no emissions fancy gas big ass turbos and tires. have fun there, go nuts. but not on the streets. its just stupid

and RHD on the streets is plain retarded
see everything mike wrote.
I can See where You Coming From Bro But Not all of us have the money to Build a car just for the Track you think we all can afford to buy Fancy Gas and big ass turbos No we cant so we Buy or Build what we can for our cars to make them run at the best we can get them
Im against StreetRacing and what not but when ur all by your self on an open road up in the mountains or out in the desert its fun to just let your car rip
Everyone on here has broken a law (Most likely in Your cars) at one time or another i just dont get it sometimes but back to the r33 i hope he can keep it i hope he fights he most likely love his car and i hope he wins
Closed Thread