Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Koni Yellow

Hey guys I'm interested in getting a koni set up for my car but I have a base model. I'm sure the base and SE struts are different so I'm curious to know if I can use the koni inserts with my stock struts.

Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you are asking such a question, there are bigger differences that you need worry about...
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
SE/Base models have the same strut design. That being said, if the inserts fit for S13 or S14, they will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
If you are asking such a question, there are bigger differences that you need worry about...
I would typically agree with this but most retards on this forum would prefer ebay coilovers and would never take a second look at Koni or even know what to do with inserts.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
SE/Base models have the same strut design. That being said, if the inserts fit for S13 or S14, they will fit.

I would typically agree with this but most retards on this forum would prefer ebay coilovers and would never take a second look at Koni or even know what to do with inserts.
OP, Grab your self the FSM for the s13, it has all the torque specs for all the suspension parts you will be taking apart. Good to have as a reference for any problem.

Is the right headlight bulb different than the left headlight bulb in the S13? I know where the answer is!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The mere mention of koni on here should result in an embedded link that takes you to nissanroadracing.com.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
I should have clarified I own an s14. I guess I posted here due to nostalgia even though I should have known better. The average zilvia user would rather buy 3 Megan racing downpipes at 150 each rather than forking out 300 for an hks that will last a life time. I'll give Nissan road racing a look, thanks for the tip!

Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

The extra 150 for the HKS does not give it a magical force field that stops road debris from destroying the downpipe. However, with megan, i still have two more! I think its just an average person in this shity economy is who you are talking about not just Zilvians.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
The mere mention of koni on here should result in an embedded link that takes you to nissanroadracing.com.
This...