Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #31
90240sx07
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
90240sx07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
after seeing the car your best option would to part it out and try to sell the shell for fairly cheap due to the styling that never really belonged on a s chassis such as the roof scoop reminds me of a f and f style car dont mean to be nude but you might be able to find a fanboy with money that would buy it but you would be lucky to get over 10k on a 240 forum but wish you the best of luck and you cant punish everyone on here due to a few members that dont represent all of zilvia just my 2 cents
90240sx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
Adirondackjack

Trader Rating: (0)
Adirondackjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
90240sx07-

Thanks for your input, and I don't judge the many by the few. Still contemplating. All Information is welcome. Candor is good. I don't offend easily.

Thanks again,

Dave R.
Adirondackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #33
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
340rwhp out of a "reworked" t25 and stock sr? i'm doing it wrong.

i don't get how you spent $50k on that...even if paint was $10k which is an astronomical amount for what you have, how did you spend $40k on the rest of the car? part it out, i would be floored if you got $8k for that outright. but parting out won't really do much either. either parting out or outright sale i believe you would get 6k max. prob should have made sure your kids college was taking care of before you put "$50K" into that. jus sayin
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #34
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im going to pretty much agree with what everyone else has said. This forum can be good and bad, but it certainly helps that you come across as a knowledgable and educated person. If you have a real problem, youre most likely going to get a few people that truly want to help here. All of the dickheads are purely for your entertainement (or somebody elses).

I will agree with Toby, thats a tough car to try to sell outright. I see the money in it, and I appreciate it, but 99% of the people that are into 240's these days are NOT into that style. The car seems, well, pretty dated to say the least. It just scream early-2000's show-car scene. Its going to be tough to find the right buyer, somebody that has that exact style that you do and somebody that has the ability to drop $15k in cash on a mid-90's economy car (because bank financing is out of the question). If youre looking for a ballpark to sell it for, I would expect NO MORE than $15k from the perfect buyer, and I would be truly surprised to see you fetch that.

The cars that sell well for $15k + are usually built extensively in regards to more universal things like performance and handling. They usually have top-dollar builds on engine and suspension and allow the buyer to tailor the styling more to their specific tastes. Your vehicle has way too much money into styling that frankly not many people enjoy anymore.

Please do not take my comments offensively. I see that you are trying to do the right thing. Modding cars is never a great investment, or even a mildly good one at that. Good luck with whatever path you choose, and thanks again for posting in a manner that the educated person can comprehend.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #35
Adirondackjack

Adirondackjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy to get everyone's input.
Thanks.
Adirondackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
yea, honestly out of all the forums I frequent to, this is by far the worst one in dealing with flaming, trolling, and etc. People just flame for no apparent reason here all time, including the most redundant and pointless issues, ie:bad spelling, grammar,trash talking, and so forth. I guess due to the demographic and age group within the 240sx/drifting community is within the sub-40 group including myself so therefore it would contribute to the immaturity within the forum (one out of numerous reasons). Funny how it is, I actually just took a course on communication within computer mediated technology and it's funny how the course parallels with what goes on here; it's quite interesting and sooo true lol.

In regards to you're car, I can see your dilemma. Obviously how the car is modded, I can tell that you're probably one generation older than me. (I love the 90's lol) Honestly speaking with all the people complaining on how you can spend $50K, I can totally understand how you can reach such limits. It's so shocking how you can rack up so much money in the end when you reflect back into it, however in the process/moment you don't even think about it. You just see it as a "want" and want to reach that goal to make your car to your likings and by doing so you piss your money away (don't we all lol).

Anyways onto advice, again you're in a pretty tough dilemma, and as far I see from your previous post that you're content on taking a loss, because in the end there's no way you can recoupe all the money back. I suppose if I was in your shoes, I would at first attempt to sell it out right for the most I can get (especially if you don't have time to waste to part everything out since time=money these days). Though if you are to choose this path, be EXPECTED to possibly take an up to the ~80% loss of what you spent oversall, especially in this market and the way the car is modded is not up to the "social standards" of today. Though if you're lucky, you can always find an ignorant teen with rich parents to buy it at a higher price lol. If down the line no bites, then I suppose you can take the option of sadly parting it out. This is the most time consuming as you 1. need to make time to disassemble everything and 2. need time to sell those items which in the end may resort taking even more time (posting on the internet, taking pictures- which is clearly something you're not too familiar with lol, going to the post office to ship items out, meeting potential buyers, dealing with "flakers" or cheap ass people lol, which all constitute time). Though if you don't have a problem dealing with than, I guess it would work. And then once all the parts are gone, you're probably gonna end up with the chassis last. With that you can sell it (ranges anywhere from $500 to sub $2000 depending on how straight the body is and the evil menace= rust lol) which I understand the paint alone costs $10K+ so you gotta except that loss. If not, you can always donate the chassis and get a tax break, which is always helpful. Or you can just keep the chassis due to sentimental value or refusal to let it go at such a low price and hold onto it. Then after your daughter graduates from college, it can be you're "mid-life" crisis toy/project again and resurrect it again to make you feel younger hahaha.

Remember, family is by far the most important thing in your life than material needs. In the end family members can't be replaced, but old 240's can. I tip my hat off to ya. I hope this helps, good luck!! Also make sure that your daughter makes college worthwhile and making you not regret spending money on tuition for her to over-indulge in college life, which can have the potential to set up many teens up for failure/dropout by partying instead of studying. I sure did learn my lesson lol!

Good Luck!
Kaomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #37
CASH S13

CASH S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly that two tone s13 looks pretty gay

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwbval
CASH S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #38
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH S13 View Post
Honestly that two tone s13 looks pretty gay

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwbval
I'm sure the OP appreciates the constructive criticism... take a hike!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #39
CASH S13

It honestly would pretty good if the giant spoiler wasn't on there. But besides that it is nice

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5jrs3u
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #40
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
It honestly would pretty good if the giant spoiler wasn't on there. But besides that it is nice

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5jrs3u
I never said you had to like it.... I certainly don't. But your post was not constructive whatsoever.

Dave: did you ever get anywhere with selling this thing?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #41
CASH S13

I'll try to be helpful then:
Make her work herself to pay for HER education/life. It's not your responsibility.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #42
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I'll try to be helpful then:
Make her work herself to pay for HER education/life. It's not your responsibility.
Please leave!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #43
CASH S13

Children don't learn anything when their parent pay for them their whole life. I know this from experiences. I'm 17 and I've had to pay for almost everything I own right now because my parents can't afford it. My brother goes to college and he is paying for it all by himself. I have to do the same thing when I go. My girlfriend's parents pay for everything she has. She's spoiled completely rotten. She thinks she needs to go shopping every weekend. It's ridiculous. I havnt bought new clothes in 2 years.

This is why society is so fucked up. Parents don't give a shit and they think they can buy their childrens love. Don't talk to me about this shit because I know all about this stuff.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #44
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Children don't learn anything when their parent pay for them their whole life. I know this from experiences. I'm 17 and I've had to pay for almost everything I own right now because my parents can't afford it. My brother goes to college and he is paying for it all by himself. I have to do the same thing when I go. My girlfriend's parents pay for everything she has. She's spoiled completely rotten. She thinks she needs to go shopping every weekend. It's ridiculous. I havnt bought new clothes in 2 years.

This is why society is so fucked up. Parents don't give a shit and they think they can buy their childrens love. Don't talk to me about this shit because I know all about this stuff.
So because a parent helps pay for their children's college education, it means they don't give a shit and this is why society is fucked up!?! If you really are 17 years old, then you don't know shit and have a lot to learn. What, you don't think I was ever 17 years old, you don't think I paid for my own college and worked 50+ hours a week at the same time? Because I did and then some! Now I have my own kids... do you have your own kids?.... didn't think so. I am going to help pay for my daughters college education because I can. And guess what, I will teach them that everything in life is earned no matter if someone gives them something or not. Hell, I'm 38 years old and my father still helps me buy large items for the house etc. Not because he has to and not because I need him to... but because he wants to. Does that make me spoiled, thus I am ruining our society? I work 100+ hours a week often. I work a very minimum of 60+ hours a week every single week. You are 17 and think you know everything there is to know in life. Trust me when I say this and I'm sure all of the other people that were once 17 will say the same thing: you are going to learn a lot more from here on out.

It's worthless parents that don't teach their kids the difference between right or wrong, respect, the value of money etc. I will pass along all of the proper ways of life to my children, thus hopefully making them good people... regardless of whether I spoiled them or not.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
falling angel

falling angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Some serious work on that body. Old style also not my cup of tea but i can definitely appreciate the work into that car.

I'd say $15,000 is about what could be expected with that car, to the right person. Kinda sad considering I'm planning at least $10,000 by the time mine is where I want it to be. that includes pretty much rebuilding from the ground up, though nothing close to the work in this car. It's just the name of the game unfortunately.

I can also say that I'm one of those kids that paid his full way through college. I drive 3 cars and have two motorcycles (bad hobby to get into :-)) and can verify that the work I've had to put into getting where I am has made me a better person for it. My wife has some 70,000 left in school loans as a social worker with a masters, meaning she isn't making much no matter where she goes. I put no responsibilities on parent's to pay their kids way into college or life for that matter, though I do respect the dedication to family.

I would look at this from two perspectives...
1 - How much do you like the car? Is it worth $15,000 to you? Are you looking for a way to get rid of it? then it may well be in your best interest to find a good home. Just plan on a long time till the sale.

2 - Do you still love this car? Most of us might see the style a bit outdated, but it very likely can be your dream car as I would hope with that much money into it. If it's worth that to you, then find another way to help your kid through college. Taxes are taxes and bills are bills. I'm never eager to get rid of anything I've put my time into in order to cover either, there are other ways.

as a bit of insight... You'll never get over selling this car with the work you put into it. You will either regret the day you sold it forever or you will spend the money on another car/project.
falling angel is offline   Reply With Quote