Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-22-2023, 06:20 AM   #1
S142Fast

Trader Rating: (0)
S142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help Brakes wont work properly no matter what i do.

So I'm trying to fix my brakes I have 300zx brake calipers on my S14 No Abs with stainless steel braided lines on all wheels I also have the gktech engine bay brake line delete kit I also upgraded my master cylinder to the 1 1/16. Everything I am about to explain has been bench bleed all lines have been bled and push rods on brake boosters have been adjusted to recommended specs of each master cylinder, and every time I bleed the brakes they all bleed good. With the car off the brake pedal feels hard but never locks to where you can't press it, when the car is on and vacuum is applied it gets extremely soft it always comes back up at each press but its way to soft where brakes feel like there not catching. I have tried 3 different brake booster 2 new master cylinders (stock) 7/8 master cylinder I have checked the check valves on the boosters and they seem to be working there's absolutely 0 leaks I have traced all the brake lines from wheel to master cylinder there's no leaks inside the cabin or at the master cylinders itself. Any help will be much appreciated.
S142Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2023, 07:51 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you put the calipers on upside down? Are the bleeders facing upward?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Post up pics of the calipers installed

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 08:18 PM   #4
S142Fast

S142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura about
I'm away from home right now i will update tomorrow, If this is the problem I'm not going to be able to forgive myself.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:00 PM   #5
S142Fast

I checked the calipers and all of them had the bleeder closest to the ground I flipped all four facing up and an bled only the rear and the pedal feels good already I am sure its going to get even more firm once i bleed the front thank you guys for helping me overcome my stupidity.
Old 07-23-2023, 09:16 PM   #6
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S142Fast View Post
I checked the calipers and all of them had the bleeder closest to the ground I flipped all four facing up and an bled only the rear and the pedal feels good already I am sure its going to get even more firm once i bleed the front thank you guys for helping me overcome my stupidity.
...you didn't overcome your stupidity if you only bled half the brakes.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:45 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
After all that you are going to want to bleed all of the brakes again to get a consistent feeling.

Bleed order-
rear driver
rear passenger
front passenger
front driver

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:33 AM   #8
S142Fast

I currently borrowing my friends front calipers to test that's the only reason I'm not bleeding all at the same time i also need to change my master back to the 1 1/6 since i had the stock 7/8 master which is also another reason for not bleeding all of them i will follow that bleed order once i get my new calipers.