Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
jgrisi92

Trader Rating: (0)
jgrisi92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blower Motor not working on Max Speed

Hey guys,

I've been searching for days, and whenever I google or search on the forum something along the title, I'm flooded with the exact opposite scenario, or people saying to replace the resistor pack. As far as I know, replacing the resistor pack only helps if blower motor speeds 1, 2, and 3 don't work. My 1992 240sx coupe's blower motor wont work on 4, or max speed. I've already replaced the resistor pack with a new one just for kicks and it didn't change anything (expected). Anyone else experience this problem, or can point me in the right direction?

I've found on another forum, someone stating "if its works on 1-3 but not 4 the switch controlling the relay is open. get a wire diagram and trace the a/c speed relay control circuit."

What I think that means, is the switch on the HVAC control, or speed setting 4 is not connecting correctly. Looking at the wiring diagram, it seems to take the full voltage from the blower relay, make the connection at the switch, and send it straight to the blower. I imagine my best bet is to take a look at the contacts within the fan switch on the HVAC control?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
jgrisi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Speed four is full power to the fan, your HVAC control unit needs to be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
jgrisi92

Trader Rating: (0)
jgrisi92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dev71893 thank you for the reply. I investigated the switch last night and found the switch was damaged. Thanks!
jgrisi92 is offline   Reply With Quote