Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #331
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That's because the R Type has the neccessary goodies to make us drool like stability control, ABS, electronic brake force distribution, 19-inch wheels, Brembos, a Torsen limited-slip differential, a beefier suspension and summer-only Potenzas and it's sans Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls.

That is EXACTLY how I want to purchase a new SX or whatever RWD coupe I choose in the future. More fun stuff and less pointless fluff.
I bet it comes with a cool 'R' badge too. That's what I'm in it for.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #332
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
thats hot. what kind of bolt pattern do these things have? i may have to choose one of these over a bike if i can fit my vsxx's on one..
HAHA in true ziliva fashion someone is buying a car to fit the wheels not the other way around.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #333
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
you can build your own GC a hyundaiusa.com now.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #334
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Genesis Coupe starts at $22,000!

2.0T R Type stripped model starts at $23,750.

306hp car starts at $25,000.

Prices sound about right to me.
They're killing it!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #335
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiros View Post
Lol, I swear that is because of me.

I was on their site the other day and I did a survey. Most of my answers were negative because I was looking to see if they had Build our Own option for the GenCoupe and they didn't. It asked me why my answers were so negative and I said that was the reason.

Ok I'm sure they had that shit planned but I'm going to just think it was me.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #336
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiros View Post
Wait, now I'm a bit confused.

As per that website, the 2.0 genesis coupe has a base 22k model, a 24k ish touring model with the frou-frou luxo parts, and a 26.5k track model. Track model has all the options of touring model, but they add the lsd, brembos, rear wing, 19" wheels, and maybe some other details.
In other words, Track trim is the "fully-loaded" trim.

No mention of a 23k R Model in the "build your own" section on the Hyundai USA website. Could it be that the 'R' model IS the 'Track' model, or it's a separate trim entirely, not something revealed as of yet?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #337
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really niceAndrew @ 240sxMotoring is just really nice
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
R-Spec isn't going to be released at launch. It's a few months down the road.

Read what people have to say about 240sxMotoring!
Andrew @ 240sxMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #338
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
The R-Spec is basically the club racer package, you get to choose your trimmings so you only get exactly what you want from my understandings...
Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #339
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Wheres this R-Spec at? I dont see it...

Honestly, the more I see the car, the more impressed I get. I saw the interior shot and that pretty much sold me on the car.

Anyways, looks like Hyundai pretty much got a winner with this car. Hyundai is trying to market it Youth-Oriented but Im sure itll pull more folks into it. I mean, with the styling, refinement, standard options and price, I see this car pulling alot of G37 coupe sales. Hyundai is definitely playing their cards right...

Only thing that will kill this car the first year is how much the dealers will try milk it with their markups...Hopefully Hyundai will discourage them from doing so.

And why are people comparing this to the S14s? This car would kick a fucking S14s ass all day everyday...and I love my S14, just not when it was stock. If I ever decide to jump into one, definitely getting the 2.0 turbo. Figured, it shouldnt be that hard to make 400hp on this engine. Should be more than enough to make this car fun...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #340
soldiaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
soldiaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the car looks great, cant wait to take one for a spin
soldiaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #341
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
anyone have more pics of this car?

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #342
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Honestly, the more I see the car, the more impressed I get. I saw the interior shot and that pretty much sold me on the car.
Only thing that will kill this car the first year is how much the dealers will try milk it with their markups...Hopefully Hyundai will discourage them from doing so.
you are right about the interior.
gauges start up / speed run video

my local dealer said they are going for MSRP
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 02-17-2009 at 03:40 AM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #343
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
anyone have more pics of this car?
thats the other SEMA car

i think its gay because some company got one and looks like they made the outside ugly and didnt do any tuning
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 AM   #344
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
SEMA Preview: Street Concepts Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Autoblog

hey, atleast it lives up to its name: street concept genesis.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #345
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

drawings win for proper ride height, sema version fails for looking stock height

right

wrong
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #346
irax
Post Whore!

i wonder if anyone has done VIP genesis sedan

I hope they make some good kits so the Genesis cars can stop looking very generic.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #347
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
i wonder if anyone has done VIP genesis sedan

I hope they make some good kits so the Genesis cars can stop looking very generic.
Yes. Look some pages back. There's a bunch with nice wheels.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #348
irax
Post Whore!

VIP 4door genesis sedans?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #349
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
VIP 4door genesis sedans?
Yes, it's in this thread. Quite late aren't we?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #350
irax
Post Whore!

no i just for some reason keept skipping page 4 and 5 every time I went through this thread

this thing is fucking HOT!

wtt vq35de powered s14.3 for one of those!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #351
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
no i just for some reason keept skipping page 4 and 5 every time I went through this thread

this thing is fucking HOT!

wtt vq35de powered s14.3 for one of those!
Yea that shit is hot as fuck.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #352
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
never thought id hear people speaking positively about a corean car's aesthetics.

the end is near.
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #353
B18C5MK1
Zilvia Addict

B18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to B18C5MK1
i'd sport it.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #354
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Every last one of those pictures has been posted in this thread already.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #355
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

everything you need to know about the progress of the formula D redbull RMR Genesis:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe RMR Drift Car article & photos of show version

Inside Millen's Real Genesis Coupe Drift Car - GenesisDrift

Video of Redbull car drifting the HTM
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #356
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Eh. I don't know whats the point in following that. Its barely a Genesis with everything they're doing to it.

1. They're not using the 4CYL Turbo engine, so we wont know how far that engine can be pushed. Interesting considering everyone here is saying its variant of the 4b11.

2. They're not using a Hyundai transmission. Instead a "HKS-engineered sequential-shift five-speed transmission".

3. They're going to shed 1,000lbs. Basically only the body is left since everything has been replaced by carbon fiber.

4. They're shooting for 550 hp and 520 tq with the Hyundai V6. I'd like to know what they do to the engine's internals to try and reach that and see some dyno sheets when they're done.

For the record, those fins in the front look gay. I doubt they had access to a wind tunnel, and its something just for the fanboys.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #357
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The purpose of that is most likely a publicity/marketing stunt, probably with the intent of courting would be car enthusiasts and drifting.
If Hyundai is actively contributing to this effort, then I applaud them.
At least it's not some non-functional, poseur show car that you see so commonly associated with Scions.

I get the impression that Hyundai is trying to appeal to people who actually care about driving for once.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #358
aoiken3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
aoiken3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
good looking car, killer price for what it is, i'd rock one even though its a hyundai. i cant believe i just said that. lol
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #359
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
For the record, those fins in the front look gay. I doubt they had access to a wind tunnel, and its something just for the fanboys.
How many D1/FD comps have you competed in? Or even legitimate racing competitions have you been in? Rhys Millen and his father Rod have more years in racing than Hyundai has been around! I'm pretty sure if he put canards up front it was for a purpose. He knows how to build racecars not just drift cars.

What I like, and hate about RMR is that he uses EVERY rule to his advantage. Look at his rear wide body panels. That shit is CHEATING! But it makes a huge difference. If you look back to when he had his GTO before his plexiglass wing endcaps he would spin out. But when he added those big flat surface areas he was more competitive with his 800lb of tq GTO (i dont know if it really was 800lb of tq but i know it was stupid high for a drift car)
Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #360
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Better buy some aftermarket airbags.