Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
SPEEDMAX CORP

Trader Rating: (0)
SPEEDMAX CORP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SPEEDMAX CORP
S-MAX Intercooler core w/ 10 lb. CO2 kit package deal !

S-MAX Intercoolers have a patented integrated coil system that delivers better cooling for guaranteed horsepower. It is one of the first air-to-air intercoolers in the market to allow cooling of charge air without ambient air flow.

Most systems that use cooling agents, like CO2, spray the element on the surface of the core, dissipating much of its cooling power. S-MAX Intercoolers’ coil are built inside the core freezing the whole unit from the inside out for better, long lasting cooling effect. The fin plus tubular design also allows for better CFM with little pressure drop, increasing the induction power of your turbocharger.

S-MAX offers a wide variety of custom sized units for special applications and can also do custom one-off applications with a turn around time of 60-90 days.

Pictured below is a NASIOC member’s car that he swapped out his previous APS core with a S-MAX core and instantly notice a night & day difference in performance without even using the core at it’s fullest advantage by spraying it with CO2. ( Thanks Rich . )

A 22”x10” & 22”x12” with a CO2 kit usually retails for $1188.00 + shipping .

Forum member's price is $1050.00 shipped within the 48 states.

(Please specify either 22”x10 or 22”x12” and color of bottle ; red / blue / purple)

- Billy

SPEED MAX CORP
1501 US Highway 46
Ledgewood , New Jersey 07852
Office : 973-891-1755
Fax : 973-891-1757
Email: [email protected]

SPEEDMAX CORP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Really interesting concept. So the CO2 needs to be sprayed to act as a refridgerant inside the core? So do you just hold the CO2 inside the core and that does the cooling? How long does one bottle of CO2 work? And I assume 1000USD is just the core? Do you have piping sizes for the charge pipe and cold pipe? Thanks
-Ken
Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
kafanylovesme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
kafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kafanylovesme
^^To answer one of your questions. The name says that it's the whole kit so I'm guessing $1000 for the complete kit? This does actually sound interesting...
kafanylovesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
That's pretty cool.

Expensive yes.

But about the same price as your higher end J brand FMIC kits.

So not a bad price for a cool product.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i wonder if running my A/C lines instead would work...hmmm

crazy kit, GL sir

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
ka-turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hmm running your ac line the same way as the co2 runs in this core and then just reconnecting it would be pretty dam interesting to see someon rig that up and also see the benefits of it (dyno) and you would ultimatly have a constant capability of running cooler charges all the time
Old 05-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post

crazy kit, GL sir
its already in the works. a buddy of mine works in the torrance location. i forgot the numbers but i think some guy got 17% more whp with this kit (dont quote me yet). ill find out the facts.
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #8
SPEEDMAX CORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Really interesting concept. So the CO2 needs to be sprayed to act as a refridgerant inside the core? So do you just hold the CO2 inside the core and that does the cooling? How long does one bottle of CO2 work? And I assume 1000USD is just the core? Do you have piping sizes for the charge pipe and cold pipe? Thanks
-Ken
Yes , you're on the right track. The CO2 is the cooling agent and it gets sprayed through a coil that runs inside the core . After the CO2 runs it's course through the coil, it exits atmospherically.

How long a bottle last depends on how many times you use it and how long you purge it during each use . Many of the drift guys can last with one bottle a day at the track.

The package price includes the complete intercooler and the co2 kit which includes the 10 lb. bottle and everything needed for a complete install and also covers the shipping & handling.

At this time, we do not offer any specific application kits but fabbing up your own piping is very easy to do. You can purchase aluminum piping (straights, 45 degrees & 90 degrees) from many different vendors and just figure out how you want your piping to route and starting cutting and aligning it by marking the pipes and bring it to a weld shop to get it welded up. But if you want something more simple, silicone couplers would be your next best choice. And doing some fab work on your own is very gratifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafanylovesme View Post
^^To answer one of your questions. The name says that it's the whole kit so I'm guessing $1000 for the complete kit? This does actually sound interesting...
Yes , you are right . The package price includes the complete intercooler and the co2 kit which includes the 10 lb. bottle and everything needed for a complete install and also covers the shipping & handling. But the kit does NOT come with any piping or couplers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
That's pretty cool.

Expensive yes.

But about the same price as your higher end J brand FMIC kits.

So not a bad price for a cool product.
Thanks for the compliment and input Azndoc.
If you look at it at a dollar to performance gains ratio , it's really not that expensive at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post

crazy kit, GL sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-turbo View Post
hmm running your ac line the same way as the co2 runs in this core and then just reconnecting it would be pretty dam interesting to see someon rig that up and also see the benefits of it (dyno) and you would ultimatly have a constant capability of running cooler charges all the time

A few of our customers have toyed with this idea and it is great one. We don't market it that way but if done properly, we have no doubts that you will be able to have constant cooler temps. There's been word a user in Africa has done this modification and came out with positive results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY View Post
its already in the works. a buddy of mine works in the torrance location. i forgot the numbers but i think some guy got 17% more whp with this kit (dont quote me yet). ill find out the facts.

Yes , Performance Plus ( http://www.performanceplus.com/ ) did the test on a custom intercooler that we had made for a Fox body Mustang. Core size was 24"x12"x4.25" and the motor put down 1105 hp with 20 psi on pump gas without using any cooling agent. After attaching CO2 to the S-MAX intercooler, the motor put down 1298 hp. Keep in mind that no tuning was done. Steve mentioned that after tuning to compensate for the drastic intake air temperature drop, he's confident in putting down 1400 hp.

- Billy

Last edited by SPEEDMAX CORP; 05-19-2008 at 10:13 AM..
Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
DAMN IT... I want one.... but man I just spent 1100 on a Blitz LM kit... BOOOOOoooo where were you 6 months ago hahaha, but I will SO recommend this kit to any of my friends that are looking.... I think intercooler piping for STI's are important, cause those are tough to get and a friend would definitely be interested in cause TOP mount is horrible for the STI... Piping kits for STI you DO recommend?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
can we buy just the intercooler without the CO2 bottle and lines?
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #11
SPEEDMAX CORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
DAMN IT... I want one.... but man I just spent 1100 on a Blitz LM kit... BOOOOOoooo where were you 6 months ago hahaha, but I will SO recommend this kit to any of my friends that are looking.... I think intercooler piping for STI's are important, cause those are tough to get and a friend would definitely be interested in cause TOP mount is horrible for the STI... Piping kits for STI you DO recommend?
What’s up slider….. The Subaru is a tough platform for IC piping. Lots of piping and many bends . I cant really recommend one. There is too many variables with the Subaru, custom bumper, reverse intake, if you want the intake charge pipe to come up on the drivers side of the car or the passenger side and cross over the turbo ….. there are many options. LOL If your mechanically inclined I would do it yourself or design it and have your local speed shop do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
can we buy just the intercooler without the CO2 bottle and lines?
Yes you can. S-MAX Intercooler's prices starts at $619.00 & up. Please visit the website and let me know what size you are interested in.

- Billy