Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #91
Jorge18
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jorge18 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had the same shit happen to me with him.

I paid him on 3-4-08 for a body kit and CF hood. After a ton of excuses, I finally received my body kit and no hood.

After about 2 months of constant back and forth with him, he finally refunded me for the hood.

Fast forward a couple months...He reversed the refund he gave me on paypal, and according to him, he has no clue how that happened.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

This guy is terrible to do business with. I'm very surprised the admins/owners of this site still let him do business here.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #92
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but you get what you pay for.

Anything that sounds to good to be true on prices? It is.

No real body shop will spend the amount of crazy hours to do the job correct for pennies.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #93
boost_addict
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
boost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boost_addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post

No real body shop will spend the amount of crazy hours to do the job correct for pennies.

true! +1 everyone needs to calm down on this thread...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #94
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Quote:

you sound like a dick.

mike fucked a bunch of people over, and we are voicing our bad experiences so that others can learn from our mistake of taking our business to mike.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #95
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
you sound like a dick.

mike fucked a bunch of people over, and we are voicing our bad experiences so that others can learn from our mistake of taking our business to mike.
You sound mad based on your experience with Mike.
Instead of "voicing" things why not be a man and handle it personally and just talk to Mike himself.Why sit on this forum and expect us to feel bad for you?Thats stupid. Thats my opinion.

Mike is legit and has never done wrong by me.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #96
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
you sound like a dick.

I understand what's going on, but the message is simple. You can not blame the guy quotes you a quarter of the price for doing a job half ass, that's just what he will do. There is lots of prior posts on this guy and yet people still go to him, then come up here and cry about it. I really don't get it. Look at all the prior pictures....He really fucked that Z up too.
Mike is cheap....because he does cheap work!!!!

But just voicing my opinion on the matter, that is all.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #97
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
Yeah, I saw Brian's car in person. It does look pretty horrible. I couldn't believe the quality of work and lack of craftsmanship. A very shady job if you ask me.

I know Mike, he is a cool guy. I just wouldn't take anything there to get worked on, or buy anything from him.
I agree Mike comes off as a kind person.

But I guess I'll throw my experience out there as well. I had purchased some over fenders from Mike and I got around to installing them and I stood back and looked and noticed that one side was noticeably different then the other. He had sold me both a 30mm and 50mm... So he told me to remove them both but I insisted on only removing the wrong one. So I take it off and give it to Mike but it took VIS a good 2 months to get me a new one.

Last edited by SoCal-s130; 10-01-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #98
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
You sound mad based on your experience with Mike.
Instead of "voicing" things why not be a man and handle it personally and just talk to Mike himself.Why sit on this forum and expect us to feel bad for you?Thats stupid. Thats my opinion.

Mike is legit and has never done wrong by me.

you are right, i am mad based on my experience with mike, however i am also mad that mike can continue to do business with the people of this board. i never once expected or wanted anyone to feel sympathy for me. if that is what you got out of my post, that is on you. i want people to know how mike does business, and not have to share my experience, as it was obviously less than pleasant. as for mike never doing wrong by you, i am glad for you, and i say that sincerely, i hope that mike never does wrong by you or anyone else again, whether it is because people stop going to him or because it is because mike finally cleans up his act.

edit: mike is a decent human being, i want to say that for the record, if it seemed otherwise i apologize, but mike is a terrible businessman.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #99
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Agreed.

Mike has always been there to help, but...he screwed us over big time on this job.

Sure, he quoted us cheap the first time, but the second time around, $750 seemed like a better estimate.

It's a lip kit for fucks sake.

I've never had a bad experience with Mike up until now.

I'm glad he hasn't wronged you Luis, but he has screwed over many others.

That track S14 that was at his shop when we picked up Brian's Z was SO terrible.

Track car or not, no car deserves that type of job.

This wasn't posted so we can have everybody feeling sorry for Brian.

This was posted to let people know of Mike's work. He makes promises, doesn't pull through, and screws you over in the end.

Brian will be posting up fresh pictures tonight to show everybody how bad this thing really is.

Inside the rocker panel, it's already starting to rust where he took a dremmel tool to it.

There's runs EVERYWHERE.

On the rear bumper, he used pieces of PAINT STIRRERS to mount the kit onto the car.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Paint stirrers?

The kit is also coming apart from the bumpers after less than a week.

On the top of his front bumper, there's several clips holding it up, which are now missing.

There's only one clip holding up the bumper...(it had all of them in tact when the car was dropped off).

The more we actually look at the car, the more problems we find.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #100
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
More pictures as promised.

Here's the rest of the damage we found today.

Is that rust? Why, yes. Yes it is.

Hinge that was moved.

We dropped the car off, stock. All tabs in place.

Runs...

Oh, nice. Overspray.

Wtf? This wasn't there when we dropped off the car.

Underneath the rear bumper.

Look at the stock bumper, then look at the lip kit.

There's NO clear on the lip kit underneath there.

Mmmm, orange peel.

Stock compared to painted lip.

More screws...

Body line screwed up.(Mike moved the doors...)

Ohhhh, very nice.

The kit on the ends is smooth to the touch. As in, NO PREP WORK WAS DONE.

Wait wait wait...what's this?

Is that WOOD?

I didn't know cars still used wood!

So much for flex additive...

Sparkly reflective tires are awesome!

Rear lip...

Just by looking at the sides and rear, you can easily tell they're not color matched.

Kit coming apart from the bumper.

Clear overspray. Who doesn't love overspray?

This is on the ENTIRE car by the way. Not just a little here and there.

I don't even want to know what the hell happened there...

So, more to come. I'm sure we'll find more stuff wrong with the car soon.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #101
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:

Ernie, I know what you mean, but when there's an invoice, and there are specifics as to what is supposed to be done and by when, then as a business person, you're supposed to pull through. Especially when you're trying to bring your name up. There's reasons why everyone went to him in there first place. Phil, coreansurfer, posted why he went to him. Then he posted why not to go to him. I've seen both his car and Brian's car and can attest to the fact that the paint shops are shitty. They were rushed and the end result was a combination of lots of procrastination, lack of prep, and simple lack of regards for customers.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #102
boost_addict
Zilvia Junkie

boost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to boost_addict
by chance what kind of kit was it bought for the z?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #103
serris
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
serris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
coreansurfer couldn't have put it better. That is exactly what I'm trying to say to everyone that reads this.

I don't know Mike very well as a person. So I can't say anything about that. But business wise...well, the pictures say it all.

My review was in no way, shape, or form a "feel sorry for me post." It is just that, a review. I have said nothing personal about him, only his credibility as a businessman. Hopefully Mike changes his ways, as he said he was trying to do when I brought the car to him. He wanted to bring his reputation back up like it was before all the bad jobs.

But then again, he said a lot of things...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #104
serris
Leaky Injector

serris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_addict View Post
by chance what kind of kit was it bought for the z?
It was a copy of the ings half spec or ings+1 LX Sport. Yes, I know with copies, you get what you pay for and fitment isn't going to be 100% and in some cases, not even close to 50%. But most shops would have declined to work on it because of fitment issues. Mike could have done that, but instead, he went ahead and drilled holes to make it fit, THEN told me that it doesn't fit. He showed me pics of it not fitting right, with the double sided tape still covered with the red plastic that it comes with. Then right after that, he sent a pic of it drilled in. (I can post pics of this when I get to work as they are saved on my work computer.)

So, why wasn't I consulted? To this day, I have never received a phone call from him even though I gave it to him when I dropped off the car.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #105
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I REALLY hope you didn't pay for any of that.

Mike owes YOU money now. That is some bullshit.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #106
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Please tell us you didn't pay a penny for that....PLEASE.

EDIT- Why are so many people talking shit on here, yet he has a PERFECT trader rating? Thats why we have the systems....to stop this bullshit.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 AM   #107
Diesel Clown

Diesel Clown is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude take him to COURT. No other way to handle this. I WOULD NOT trust him to clean my dog's shit. What happened to your Z is completely FUCKED UP.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #108
osus14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
osus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
you can prolly took your car to Maaco and they can do a better Job. Hope you get your 350z fixed because that looks horrible.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 AM   #109
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
While I know everyone on here is upset, and some feel they have been shorted/wronged/ect... Please remember this is a review thread. It is here for ppl to make their own choices. Mike is not an advertiser on here. We no longer allow "services" to be provided on here without an advertiser fee being paid. He is an open business, just like any other body shop. If I were to post a review about any other body shop such as PJ Bonifacio or Macco....it is all relative to the person's individual work. One person could have an outstanding experience, and the person next to them at the counter could be livid with the work.

This is here for grown ppl to make their own decisions and decide whether or not they want to use said business/person.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 AM   #110
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This has now been escalated to an investigation. Please post in the Scammed thread if you have an unresolved issue with this User.

http://zilvia.net/f/scams-scammers/216865-widegts.html
Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #111
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
jeeeeessus that z needs lovin.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #112
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
While I know everyone on here is upset, and some feel they have been shorted/wronged/ect... Please remember this is a review thread. It is here for ppl to make their own choices. Mike is not an advertiser on here. We no longer allow "services" to be provided on here without an advertiser fee being paid. He is an open business, just like any other body shop. If I were to post a review about any other body shop such as PJ Bonifacio or Macco....it is all relative to the person's individual work. One person could have an outstanding experience, and the person next to them at the counter could be livid with the work.

This is here for grown ppl to make their own decisions and decide whether or not they want to use said business/person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
This has now been escalated to an investigation. Please post in the Scammed thread if you have an unresolved issue with this User.

http://zilvia.net/f/scams-scammers/216865-widegts.html
Why not also brown him as a warning to people that might not see this thread or others? You know some people are careless enough to not do research first. Make it as fool proof as possible.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #113
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Why not also brown him as a warning to people that might not see this thread or others? You know some people are careless enough to not do research first. Make it as fool proof as possible.
We have a process for Perma-Browning scammers. If he is made brown now he can not reply or see the Scamer thread and can not defend himself.

This is not a discussion thread. This is a review thread. This is now locked until the Scammer review is done.

If you have a current transaction dispute with widegts please post at: http://zilvia.net/f/scams-scammers/216865-widegts.html