Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
Animosity
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Animosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone here successfully installed Z32 seats in their S13?

I'm very curious about this, nothing showed up in search other than people saying (vaguely) that they won't fit. So...I have some gorgeous Z seats on my hands and would love to know if anyone has done this. Z seats are so so much better than the s13's in many ways. Anyone?
Animosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #2
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

OdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to OdessaS13
i think the seats are instal-able but there are issues with the width and the door not properly closing. if they are leather and in good condition you can ebay them and put that money into some r33 seats, i think there is an article somewere on the net that skyline seats are bolt on w/o modification. i got a pretty good deal on some s14 seats for my baby and its a good improvement over stock s13 "driver-side-rip-and-rib-poking-metal-that-hurt-like-shit" seats
OdessaS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Just sell them, and buy R32 GT-R seats, you wont be disappointed.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
TachyonS14
Zilvia Member

TachyonS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TachyonS14
There was a guy on NICO who did it awhile back with a set of power leather ones. I remember he said it was a total PITA, but he got it to work. Search there and you might find it.

I did a quick search, found a picture

I believe this is rudees car, and it was stolen not too long ago.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
those Z32s are pretty freaking big/heavy... I am sure they are comfy though.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The power leather versions easily weigh three times a Schassis seat, manual versions are still double the weight. Not much benefit after you cut and weld brackets for a day to get them in.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #7
Animosity
Zilvia Member

Animosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enoughAnimosity will become famous soon enough
thanks for the replies. I know they are heavy and what not, I installed leahter stockers in my Z and yup...they are heavy as hell. But...they are drop dead sexy and the bolsters on them are great for aggressive driving. Did I mention they are sexy....?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #8
cheez80
Zilvia Member

cheez80 is an unknown quantity at this point
my homeboy did it; his interior looks exactly like the photo posted. might be of his car. his ghetto-rigged rail/slider/whatever made the thing sit so damn high, like 2-3 inches higher than stock. it sucked. but comfy, yes, but only during the winter; homeboy didn't have a/c
cheez80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
PS power driver's seat is about 70lbs. You're going to need completely custom brackets. Sell them for $400 on twinturbo.net and put it towards some s14 seats or gt-r's.

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
sr240mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
Animosity
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr240mike
PS power driver's seat is about 70lbs. You're going to need completely custom brackets. Sell them for $400 on twinturbo.net and put it towards some s14 seats or gt-r's.
Personally I think they the S14 seats are pretty ugly. The S13 seats are pretty damn weak but the design is ok. I'm guessing if someone repolstered them in some nice black leather or what not, they wook look great. But the GT-rs...I'll have to find pics of these.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #11
Toka Motorsports
Leaky Injector

Toka Motorsports is a well-known jackass
ive tried it along time ago when my bro in-law put sparcos in his z32. the brackets dont go at all. you have to do some welding also the driver seat is a power seat which will require some custom wiring. another thing those seats weigh about 60+ lbs a piece. if i were you i would get some signal auto seats 400 bucks a piece + 100 for the 240sx rail or if your on a budget get some s14 seats
Toka Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #12
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
not worth it... really frickin heavy...

jus sell them and use the money you got for some nice s14 seats or gtr seats.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote