Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Coolwhip
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Coolwhip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Coolwhip
Thumbs up Raw Brokerage - S14 RB26 Build Thread

So I'm finally getting time to get out from behind the desk and under my car to begin building up my personal 1998 Nissan 240sx. Many may recognize my RB26 that’s been swapped in and out of some of the cars I’ve owned...

Our shop 350Z race car...

Being the owner of Raw Brokerage I guess it made sense to do something up for both myself and the company.

The goal behind the car is to keep it as streetable/ daily functional, while obviously getting some desirable performance out of it. This means that I won't be building a race car but a happy medium of fun and comfort for everyday driving.

Enough blabbing and onto some pictures (sorry for some of the water marking, can't find the originals of my older photos)…

The car was originally from Texas but I later purchased and shipped it down from Chicago.

Side by side with my brother's (240AceX) '98 Kouki with an R34 RB25 Neo...

Decided to start off installing some suspension bits and some BC Racing Coilovers…

A set of CCW Classics 18x9.5 for the front and a set of 18x11 in the rear were slapped on and aligned for good measure.

...but that didn’t last long as some idiots decided to jack the wheels off the car a month later

Oh well, back to stock wheels (replacements will come) and the decision to overhaul the car for some power…

The RB26 was built a few years back for another build of mine but changed my mind on the chassis to use. But since the change of events I've decided to drop it into my car..

Engine specs:
R32 RB26DETT (blue printed and clearance)
Modified RB26 AWD Oil Pan
R33 RB26DETT Crank Shaft
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Main Bolts
Shot peened and cyro-treated rods
CP Pistons
Cometic Head Gasket
Tomei Type B Valve Springs, Ti retainers and keepers
Tomei lifters
SP Bronze valve guides
-12AN head drain
NGK Spark Plugs

Bolted on the intake side I retained the factory intake manifold setup and ITB’s…

Exhaust side for the time being wears a Full-Race manifold, T4 GT35R 1.06 A/R, Twin TiAl MV-S wastegates…

Fabricated a 4" downpipe coming off the turbo...

The front of the motor received a set of Raw Brokerage under driven accessory pulleys, 30% on the alternator and 10% on the water pump…

Also a 1500whp rated Ross Tuffbond MetalJacket and crank trigger wheel for the front of the crankshaft…

Now begins the car tear down…

The RB26 dressed with spare covers for test fitment

Coolwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links