Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Attended 38th Annual Lone Pine Time Trials this past weekend

As always, full write up w/ pics & vids on my site: Lone Pine Time Trials 2008

Video of my fastest run (and the faster guy's run is on my account there also) uploaded on YouTube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZg2SJlDDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZg2SJlDDg[/ame]

View was VERY NICE - especially for ppl like me who live under the rock of OC life, haha.

Despite some minor difficulties, the event was totally awesome considering the small number of people we had.

Before going to this event, I was concerned about all the posts on a local autox forum about the very nasty pavement that will eat up your tires & paint job.

I was even more worried once I reached the "track."

It was very nice seeing a few familiar faces; most of the people attending were road track guys/girls - they were nice too, though .

Although the surface looked scary and dirty, the 15-20 minutes or so of parade laps & 5 timed laps (and another 2 re-runs for me) we got w/ me spinning out the first lap, my tires didn't look too bad at all. I'd say about the same amount as a regular practice at El Toro. Of course, I'm only running street tires (Federal 595RS front, Hankook RS-2 back) & drive slower than most people. No one else @ the event complained about their tires chunking from what I remembered.

The grass & gravel were fun - it was really interesting on the track - you can see the general lines everyone was taking because there would be no grass/gravel in that area; go out of line, whether it was a better line or not, and you faced the consequences w/ a nice lil spin.

Can't wait for next year! Hopefully some of u guys will be interested in going next year.

Here's a couple pictures I took - don't mind the crappy photography:

view to the west:

view to the east:

want to save money? or be romantic? free camping!

looks really bad, but it wasn't too harsh, haha - this is from the parking area, the actual track was a lil nicer.

Fastest Raw Time of the Day:

Your Favorite Resident Orange Tigger Helmet Wearing Automatic Driving Slow Convertible Guy:

End of the Day Tire Wear (Sidewall markings are from me not checking my tire pressures & running really low)
Tires survived pretty decently, no chunking that I could detect.

No official measuring or anything, but much better wear than I had originally thought.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
miucus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
miucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice vert. i think i spotted you going down culver in irvine a week ago. cool!
miucus is offline   Reply With Quote