Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I'm guessing that we as a nation don't really want our active service members spouting out facts and figures about possible current and/or possible near future military operations.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #32
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
if he's on military computers they prolly monitor that shit
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
He's probably sat thru some Secret/TS brieifing or some ops...last thing you'd want to do is talk about it and lose your damn security clearance.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #34
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm guessing that we as a nation don't really want our active service members spouting out facts and figures about possible current and/or possible near future military operations.
i mean yeah thats a given, i thought he meant he can't talk about his opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
if he's on military computers they prolly monitor that shit
see above, but again, if he's referring to his opinion he can say what he wants...regardless of what computer he is on. i mean, shit most of my work days are spent on zilvia (i'm about to get out and my replacement took over already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
He's probably sat thru some Secret/TS brieifing or some ops...last thing you'd want to do is talk about it and lose your damn security clearance.
i guess i misunderstood what he meant, i thought he meant like he's not allowed to voice his opinion. (which by the way is complete bullshit, so long as he doesn't do it in uniform OR use the fact he is serving to endorse an idea or person)
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #35
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If his opinion is based on info he isn't at liberty to discus he's not even really supposed to allude to knowing things he can't talk about.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #36
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
um yeah your all pretty much right there are "facts" that would change my opinion if i didnt know the facts. so my opinion in a sense would be the facts? get it? but yeah thats all im saying haha. all im going to say is everyone has their own opinion. if you believe something. stick to it. gather the facts and fabrication your own opinion on things. dont take someone elses opinion about such subjects and think yeah i think hes right. the people run this country and your opinion matters. you vote. you pay to keep this country turning. politics are not everyones favorite subject. but you NEED to know whats going in the world.

yes the computer i was on was govt. but whether or not its monitored doesnt matter. my integrity keeps my mouth shut. operations security keeps us, coalition, and nato troops safe. have been there makes me realise how important it is.. that was my own ass just a short time ago. there is nothing wrong with stating that i wish i could add my opinion to these conversations. used to be a right that i had that i signed away years ago.. but no sideways i cant voice my own opinion to any one other than my colleges and only then if they have the need to know or already know what im talking about. there are reasons for this. its keeps everyone safe.

just thought id clear that up. didnt mean to make this thread go off topic Brian. Its a good thread! the responses are quite interesting to me.
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
The US can be stealth with their missions, so Im not too concerned about 'US vs. Iran'

I'm more concerned about Israeli vs. Iran. I'd rather not see any military conflict on either side.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #38
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
stay safe out there, dude.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
chiboy002
Post Whore!

^ reminded me of fallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I'm more concerned about Israeli vs. Iran. I'd rather not see any military conflict on either side.
honestly, everything Iran has been spouting from its ass is pure bluff. They wouldn't launch an attack on Israel for the sole reason that they will be in everyone's crosshairs if they do

O/T: Talked to some family today, they said prices for everything has spiked so much since the oil embargo. Groceries are starting to be too expensive to buy. The gov't needs to clean up their act before a revolution starts up cause it'll just be a bloodbath
Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #40
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
I have several good Iranian friends who told me that the majority of Iranians love America and western culture. It's their oppressive gov't that's the problem. Someday Iran will change, it's only a matter of time. The people, country, and culture are all beautiful. I'm talking about the true Persian culture, NOT the Muslim culture that took over 20 years ago. It's been choking the country since. Hopefully it will happen naturally, and not because of America going to war. That's the last thing this world needs is another war. God help us.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #41
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
The gov't needs to clean up their act before a revolution starts up cause it'll just be a bloodbath

I hope for the sake of the entire world it doesn't and they do. Without the help of the CIA.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #42
chiboy002
Post Whore!

oh yeah the old school persian culture is awesome
they had some pretty awesome stuff and when you visit historical places its so beautiful

the Islamic Republic, fuck them
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I hope nothing like that happens, I am with Nate on this one, peace please. thank you.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #44
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Iran just keeps pushing the US Navy. Lets get within 2 miles of a Supercarrier group and play chicken. I got $5 that we light one of these fuckers up, they'll stop coming out with their welcoming parties in the Straight of Hormuz.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #45
Brian
Post Whore!

They better chill out.

tell that bitch to chill!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #46
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think its a matter of time before some mofo makes a stupid moveeeeee
Old 02-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #47
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It'll be a shitty time. There's too much back and forth and Iran really not backing down, if they keep on with their current path I'd say we'll be there soon-ish. At the same time we've also said that we'll just wait till they get closer to finishing up some nukes and then we'll bomb the shit out of their sites.

P.s. Fighting a legit trained Army not afraid to die is going to blow donkey dick. On one side, they're not insurgents wearing clothing like everyone else so we'll know who they are in a crowd, but the tactically trained part is going to suck ass.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #48
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
P.s. Fighting a legit trained Army not afraid to die is going to blow donkey dick. On one side, they're not insurgents wearing clothing like everyone else so we'll know who they are in a crowd, but the tactically trained part is going to suck ass.
so true. SO fckin true.

US is good at it though. insurgencies not so much. insurgencies tend to royally piss off infantrymen. and pushes support folks like myself to the front lines. food for thought..
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #49
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
It'll be a shitty time. There's too much back and forth and Iran really not backing down, if they keep on with their current path I'd say we'll be there soon-ish. At the same time we've also said that we'll just wait till they get closer to finishing up some nukes and then we'll bomb the shit out of their sites.

Yes that's a really good point.

Well at least they wont be using IEDs. Well I hope not.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
Yes that's a really good point.

Well at least they wont be using IEDs. Well I hope not.
where do you think all the ieds in iraq came from. the 155 rounds. and sadly the EFP. explosive formed penetrator. efps cut anything like butter. and the only way you can slow it down is with a "special" kind of armor. it all came from iran. thats well known, it can be found on wiki. Afghanistan got their explosives from pakistan and efps never made it there. well.. not like iraq.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #51
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
where do you think all the ieds in iraq came from. the 155 rounds. and sadly the EFP. explosive formed penetrator. efps cut anything like butter. and the only way you can slow it down is with a "special" kind of armor. it all came from iran. thats well known, it can be found on wiki. Afghanistan got their explosives from pakistan and efps never made it there. well.. not like iraq.
Fuhh. I was unaware of that.

By special armor. You referring to MRAPS?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #52
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
Fuhh. I was unaware of that.

By special armor. You referring to MRAPS?
Nopes, you need explosive armour that blows back towards the blast so it disperses the copper. Shaped IEDs are basically the same technology the US used in WWII to blow up German tanks...remember Bazookas? Thats basically a copper shaped charge. They copied the same idea, just on a larger setting.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #53
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Nopes, you need explosive armour that blows back towards the blast so it disperses the copper. Shaped IEDs are basically the same technology the US used in WWII to blow up German tanks...remember Bazookas? Thats basically a copper shaped charge. They copied the same idea, just on a larger setting.
negative. EFP armor looks like a solid 4 inch thick sheet of steel that is mounted on the exterior of the vehicles approx 6-10 inches away from the armored hull. looks solid but its filled with a water based gelatin. the idea is that. EFPs have a very short effective range because the copper penetrator cools rapidly. EFP armor is designed to cool the penetrator down before it hits the armored hull of the vehicle. hence the gel filled armor. with the air gap in between. effective armor system however its weight and cost are its main downsides.

your thinking of Abrams tank armor meant for explosive projectiles ie RPG, stinger, etc.. the EFP is not a devistating explosive. its devistating however its like a giant burning copper bullet that will go through damn near anything.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #54
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
Trader Rating: (12)
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm not totally convinced on Ron Paul, but he does raise a very good point right here

Ron Paul "Why shouldn't Iran have nukes?" - YouTube

I saw another video yesterday where all these white haired DC guys were saying stuff like "WE. WILL. NOT. ALLOW. IRAN. TO HAVE. A NUCLEAR WEAPON."
spoolandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #55
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's my opinion that no one should have nukes. That includes the US and Russia. Nuclear deterrence through massive stockpiles is a joke. We have enough conventional weapons to make the average nuke look like a hand grenade so why bother with all the horrible after effects.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #56
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It's my opinion that no one should have nukes. That includes the US and Russia. Nuclear deterrence through massive stockpiles is a joke. We have enough conventional weapons to make the average nuke look like a hand grenade so why bother with all the horrible after effects.
I think the same thing. One nuke being used on this planet will provide reprecussions to last generations AROUND the whole planet...

But its whateves, im waiting for the aliens to come and humanity to "ascend" to the next dimension, so i guess my point is invalid....
Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #57
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's easy to wait for some magical solution to the world's problems isn't it.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #58
chiboy002
Post Whore!

yeah i really do hope iran gets off their tantrum
i get it, the US doesn't really belong there since that whole region kinda wants them to just gtfo, but shiet

someone is going to accidentally fire a gun and then thats the end
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #59
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey it works right? Be honest though....my opinion, your opinion, nor anyone else's wont matter...we are all just a bunch of fools on a message board talking about things out of our control.....shit i can say im waiting for the pony-ocalypse if i wanted to and it would matter.....Im cool with drinking my liqour, "defending the country", and sitting here working on my car until nukes do us part.......
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #60
AmirM24
Leaky Injector

AmirM24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Iranian over here as well

personally i think the U.S. can overthrow the Iranian government in a matter of hours. the only problem is casualties, considering that Iran is full of nationalists there will be more bloodshed from our own troops, and civilian casualties considering how much more urbanized it is than Iraq. i hope it never comes down to that though, itd be too upsetting to watch.

election not only for the U.S. is coming up, but Iranian primaries are this summer. i was there when Ahmadinejad was re-elected, and it was terror. the people took the streets, and if he tampers with the poll and gets elected again, itll be chaos. but like other middle eastern countries, they will uprise and probably win, considering there being 8 million+ citizens of tehran

in conclusion, no war, no attacks, if the government changes power, nothing to worry about. if it doesnt, the people will fight. if the people lose, release the hounds haha