Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
(secretly hopes no one buys it so you can keep doing cool stuff to it)
I do to...but this is as close to 'growing up' as I get: put car for sale and if the right price comes along, quit cold turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can I buy it and make you keep building it anyways lol.
^YESSSSSSS^...but you have to pay me labor...so I'll essentially get the car back for free.

So I don't know who's been reading my posts closely but I picked up my 'cool thing' today: an S13 Dart Izumi exhaust.

PROS: Dart Izumi, y0.
CONS: Shitty welds on the hangers, leaks around said shitty welds, needs polish.

...I'm still dreading the subframe bushing install. Fuck. I don't want to do it again
Old 04-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...I'm still dreading the subframe bushing install. Fuck. I don't want to do it again
I replaced subframe bushings one time......ONE FUCKING TIME.
mrturboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturboextreme View Post
I replaced subframe bushings one time......ONE FUCKING TIME.
...aaaaaand as much as I don't ever want to do this again I'm contemplating polyurethane bushings lol. I'm a glutton for punishment.

So my S14 Works9 exahust showded up and it's already on the marketplace. It seems like a shame to let it go so fast but the Dart Izumi has been taken to have the welds repaired. I'm also have this old hot-rod shop polish it out for me. I'm excited but torn between these two either way. Both will require a custom mid-pipe since the DI is only an axle-back and the Works9 is for an S14. The latter will require modification to the hangers as well. First world dilemmas, I'm sure.

Dart Izumi being left for operation:

I keep on hesitating to take awesome pictures of my car because it feels premature. Instead, I take these shitty teaser-esque pictures like my shit is something mind-boggling:

My wife and I have had our talks about the car. I might take the FS thread down and ad something to my signature about the car 'always' being available for the right price. Until then there's plenty of work to be done.