Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
hargo
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
hargo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
type x kouki rps13 knockoff kits

does anyone know of any cheap knock off kits of the kouki type x rps13?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
uras makes a bumper almost identical to 180 kouki OEM. it uses uras's turn signals though, and it's frp.
check raretrick for pics.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
BMagic Type X:

Looks kinda weird using the 89-90 turn signals (i think they are) but the cool thing is you don't need the extra pieces on the sides and lip. As for fit, if it's typical B Magic you better holla at the dremel.

http://www.aitracing.com/catalog/ind...roducts_id=708

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
B*Magic (AIT) makes a knock-off but I've never seen the quality. You can find it here.

I was tempted to bite the bullet and try one of these a while ago but it was very expensive at some shops and my authentic kouki bumper was only $350. :shrug:

EDIT: D'oh...he beat me.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
hargo
BANNED

so where did you buy the stock one from?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by hargo
JSpec
Phase2Motortrend
For Sale Forum

check also the importers of engines/cars, maybe RB has some?

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hargo
The places already mentioned or eBay...I think there might be one or two on there right now.

I got mine from a guy I knew who was selling it brand new.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
hargo
BANNED

what is rb?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
www.rbmotoring.com
they rule.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #10
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

^That's where I got my chuki sideskirts.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #11
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
Theres alot of cheap knock offs out there!! but whats the point of getting knock off!! they all fiberglass

Feedback LINK
Old 04-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #12
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
They all cheap, too.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #13
01SaturnL200
Banned from the Marketplace

01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 01SaturnL200 Send a message via Yahoo to 01SaturnL200
www.aeroR.com maybe?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #14
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i'll sell someone a real type x bumper with teh side piece, turn signal, position light and east bear skirts for 800 cash if someone wants it. o local only. in san francisco.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #15
Alan_no.1
Zilvia Member

Alan_no.1 is a well-known jackass
BMagic has the good quality body kit. I just buy the s14 wide fenders and it fit
very good. about 90%
Old 04-05-2005, 05:25 AM   #16
Catalan
Zilvia Member

Catalan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspecproducts
BMagic Type X:

Looks kinda weird using the 89-90 turn signals (i think they are) but the cool thing is you don't need the extra pieces on the sides and lip. As for fit, if it's typical B Magic you better holla at the dremel.

http://www.aitracing.com/catalog/ind...roducts_id=708
Do you know if the 89-93 d1 4pc kits bolt on or do I need a dremel?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 AM   #17
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Every fiberglass/aftermarket aerokit will require some trimming and fitting onot your 15 year old car. Tolerances are different, materials, flexibility, etc etc. So it depends on the car, and the aero to determine how MUCH fitting you'll need to do. But every kit sold will need some sort of modification to fit, even if its drilling holes. In my experience i had about 5 hours of work fitting an AIT aero. I had about 30 minutes fitting version:SELECT. Same for my vertex and HotRoad aero, those fit like the v:S stuff.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 04-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #18
Catalan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Every fiberglass/aftermarket aerokit will require some trimming and fitting onot your 15 year old car. Tolerances are different, materials, flexibility, etc etc. So it depends on the car, and the aero to determine how MUCH fitting you'll need to do. But every kit sold will need some sort of modification to fit, even if its drilling holes. In my experience i had about 5 hours of work fitting an AIT aero. I had about 30 minutes fitting version:SELECT. Same for my vertex and HotRoad aero, those fit like the v:S stuff.
That kind of deters me from buying a ait/b magic kit.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 AM   #19
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

^The bottom line is: if you want something to fit perfect, buy OEM. Even then your car might be tweaked enough where the OEM aero won't fit perfectly. You just have to decide whether you want to deal with the possibly bad fitment/fragility of fiberglass, or pay the stupid-high price for OEM urethane.

EDIT: I forgot...Lindsay had the AIT Vertex replica aero IIRC and not the B*Magic stuff. Supposedly (repeat that to yourself), the B*Magic quality and fitment is superior to the regular AIT stuff but I don't understand why they would make better molds for some, and tweaked molds for others. So you may be okay with B*Magic. I remember only one person who had that front end and he posted pics on one of the forums. He said the fitment was pretty good.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:27 AM   #20
Catalan
Zilvia Member

For the price of a 4pc kit from AIT/B Magic I might just risk it since OEM goes for about half the kit :x
Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #21
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

^Are you getting that price direct from AIT? If so their direct prices are VERY inflated. I called once and got a quote for something ridiculous like $580 shipped for the bumper and when I called a shop in Georgia called E&E Motorsports (www.e-emotorsports.com) they quoted me a much lower price. I'm not sure if they still carry B*Magic/AIT but it's worth a shot.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #22
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
The knockoffs don't look like the real deal. They might not be supposed to look like the real one - maybe a "kouki-inspired" look.

Fit and finish on the OEM is excellent and durable urethane. Of course you pay the price!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #23
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMan
EDIT: I forgot...Lindsay had the AIT Vertex replica aero IIRC and not the B*Magic stuff. Supposedly (repeat that to yourself), the B*Magic quality and fitment is superior to the regular AIT stuff but I don't understand why they would make better molds for some, and tweaked molds for others. So you may be okay with B*Magic. I remember only one person who had that front end and he posted pics on one of the forums. He said the fitment was pretty good.
i saw the B MAGIC demo what kouki s14 at D1 JP vs USA and jgtc event (same event) and it sucked like the AIT
the sides were cracked wehre it mounted rear bumper its still like a 3 piece design, the fenders had the same problem w/ the sides and rear
all crackes where it wrapped (like 90 degree) around the corner of the car

i wouldnt say its better
my friend bwalker has it and likes it, said it didnt take too much mod, but it was put on by PJ Bonifacio, but them being a body shop are used to lots of work to get stuff to be perfect..

from my examing their 'demo' car (white kouki s14) i wasnt impressed at all.

still junk imo.

but all FRP will require SOME modification
i saw the vertex bumper slip on nearly flawless w/ very minor adj
VS took a bit longer
ill find out about origin soon
AIT took f'in forever. i hated it.i had it too. never again.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:33 PM   #24
hargo
BANNED

yeah, id rather just get the real thing, but i was hoping for something really cheap so i dont feel bad when i wreck it.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #25
Catalan
Zilvia Member

Are those side pieces necessary for 91-94's?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #26
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Why do you want a Type X so much? Why not a Type G, Type S, or Type R?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #27
hargo
BANNED

I dont know what those are, are they good? i just want to have cool drift car, i plan on learning how to drift, but i need my car to look right, so im not embarrassed
Old 04-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #28
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Wow. Please go do some research. You should really learn how to drive/drift before worrying about how the car looks. A bumper isn't going to make you drive any better. Research,Please, NOW!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #29
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i would recommend for you to learn how to drift before you get a kit installed. cause its aknown fact that you wont be perfect at drifting the first time around.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #30
hargo
BANNED

as long as my car looks like its been drifted when i go to school, i can lie to my friends about being able to do it.
Closed Thread