Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
bunch of stupid idiots in this thread

yes, you need the fucking offset bushings. i dont know how fuck-face above even suggested stretching the fuck out of the OE bushing to slip it onto the subframe. thats like shoving a fist in a womans vagina and leaving it there, 24-7.

you will need...................................
offset bushings (with shims)
lower control arms
long control (toe?) arm (which has proper width, none of that spacer nonsense)
spindles
diff cover

remember that you will need bushings for practically everything since its all old and shot. this means control arms, spindles, and diff bushings.

also, dont waste time burning bushings like _every_fucking_idiot_ suggests, as its a complete waste of time (unless you like blowing black bogies out your nose). drill the majority of rubber out of the bushing and use a recip-saw cutting inwards towards the subframe (as opposed to the thin outer areas).

i also suggest avoiding poly urethane nonsense, unless you want to spend a lifetime under your car removing the bushings, re-greasing them, and re-installing them. i have yet to see ANYONE make a clean setup w/ grease fittings, its all sloppy joe ghetto style.

so bushing alternatives are to get nismo (if you can find them) or get raped financially buying spherical bearings which are harsh and not really ideal for a street car, plus they are not designed to last tens of thousands of miles.

remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

yes, you need the fucking offset bushings. i dont know how fuck-face above even suggested stretching the fuck out of the OE bushing to slip it onto the subframe. thats like shoving a fist in a womans vagina and leaving it there, 24-7.

lower control arms
spindles
diff cover

remember that you will need bushings for practically everything since its all old and shot. this means control arms, spindles, and diff bushings.

also, dont waste time burning bushings like _every_fucking_idiot_ suggests, as its a complete waste of time (unless you like blowing black bogies out your nose). drill the majority of rubber out of the bushing and use a recip-saw cutting inwards towards the subframe (as opposed to the thin outer areas).

i also suggest avoiding poly urethane nonsense, unless you want to spend a lifetime under your car removing the bushings, re-greasing them, and re-installing them. i have yet to see ANYONE make a clean setup w/ grease fittings, its all sloppy joe ghetto style.

so bushing alternatives are to get nismo (if you can find them) or get raped financially buying spherical bearings which are harsh and not really ideal for a street car, plus they are not designed to last tens of thousands of miles.

In my years of being outside my cave I found that common sense isn't so common.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephin510 View Post
In my years of being outside my cave I found that common sense isn't so common.
read my sig.
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:

lower control arms
spindles
diff cover

Not to argue, but the toe arms are the same length, it's just the mounting area that's a different width. I wasn't saying to run a spacer, just recommending finding the RIGHT conical spacer (SPL use to include both sets with their toe arms).

s13 toe arm in s14 subframe:

Also, most of the people stretching out the bushings to fit are trying to conform to Street Mod autox rules which explicitly prohibit offset bushings. It's not the right way to do it, but that's usually the impetus.

The taper is different between rear s13 and s14 ball joints, so you will need to get s14 spindles or take the opportunity to run z32 aluminum uprights (but those will necessitate changing your lower shock mount to z32 fork style). The length between s13 and s14 rlcas is the same, it's just the bushing width that is different. The RLCA inner bushings are 40 mm wide on S13/Z32, 50mm on S14s.

Please go read: http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=1512
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Not to argue, but the toe arms are the same length, it's just the mounting area that's a different width.
I tip my hat off to you sir. Not even going to argue because you are indeed correct. My post was just saying "stock for stock." For an OEM bushing to work properly, it needs to be torqued onto the vehicle when laden. Adding washers and doing bullshit like that obviously negates the point of doing all this work, besides being ghetto.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
The taper is different between rear s13 and s14 ball joints, so you will need to get s14 spindles or take the opportunity to run z32 aluminum uprights (but those will necessitate changing your lower shock mount to z32 fork style). The length between s13 and s14 rlcas is the same, it's just the bushing width that is different. The RLCA inner bushings are 40 mm wide on S13/Z32, 50mm on S14s.
The ball joint taper is the same in the rear for s13 and s14. It is the press fit diameter of ball joint to control arm that is different. So any upright will work with any LCA.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

yes, you need the fucking offset bushings.
Quote:
Also, most of the people stretching out the bushings to fit are trying to conform to Street Mod autox rules which explicitly prohibit offset bushings.
Please go read: S-14 subframe into S-13 discussion... - Nissan Road Racing Forums
Since fuck-face over there thinks he is sooo fucking correct about the issue...

I plan to RACE my car... not hardpark the shit out of it and say "yeah I have an S13 with all S14 suspension because I'm MadJDMTyte yo!"

I have a set of rules to comply with and this mod has been done by more than a few other SM classed 240sx's and run for quite some time successfully WITHOUT offset bushings. Proof that this mod can indeed be safely completed WITHOUT the offset bushings.

Thanks for the sweet words though. I almost blushed.