Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nut & Bolt dimensions list

I was wondering if there is a list of the nut and bolt dimensions for the 240sx.
I.E. M6x.8 30mm etc.... but for all the nuts and bolts on the car and what part they're for.
I searched for a long time and came up with nothing. Only thing I could find were the head dimensions...
I'm in the process of replacing a lot of n&b's and I'd much rther look at a sheet telling my what size goes in what part of the car.
I searched in my FSM's and they don't give me much detail.
Unless it's different in the actual FSM' vs. online FSM's. The list isn't in there.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I bought my S14 "project car" basically as a stripped chassis - I've had to replace almost all the bolts in the entire car. It's VERY frustrating to not have access to the bolt sizes from Nissan, either via the FSMs or the dealer Microfiche (which I also have). All the service manuals for my motorcycles and prior VWs have had that information. Anywho, common sizes off the top of my head are:

M6x1.0 x30mm or so, with a 10mm head.
M8x1.0 or x1.25 (depending on where they're used, interior there's a couple 1.0s x40mm or so, exterior is all 1.25 I believe)
M10x1.25 x40mm or so is used around the chassis, brake calipers, subframe, etc.
M12x1.5 are used on the 4 main subframe studs, and some of the large suspension pieces (LCAs, etc).

Home Depot restocks their hardware aisle every Weds. Get to know the guy that does it, and have him save you stuff. Last week I literally bought every M6x1.0, M8x1.25, and M10x1.25 bolt they had in a Grade 2 or 8, and the dude handed me the stuff in a bag, ready to go.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
^Thank you for the info!
I kinda figured they'd all be in that range. It just would have been nice to have a list that says, "Top fender bolts x3 = m6 x .8 30mm, blah, blah, blah".
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Yeah!! Nissan should have included that somewhere, if not in the FSM, then in the Microfiche. There's similar/same bolts all over the car, but because Nissan does part numbers by "subsystem" (meaning, chassis, interior, engine, etc), they're given different part numbers. Only guys that have been working parts counters for years know the different part numbers/bolts by heart.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 10-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
I'd also like to know if there is a list anywhere that would be very useful.

Maybe somebody on here should make one. for S13's and 14's
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
R240NA has posted the common sizes a couple times if you search.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
FYI - R240NA = ProjectRDM now. N00bs need to search both usernames.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

can you please post your search results for us? thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The lengths of bolts isn't really listed anywhere by Nissan, at least not all bolts. Typically it's because in the microfiche the bolt is labeled so there's no need to tell anyone how long it is, that's the bolt you need so that's the one you order. If you're just looking to order random bolts without an application then just go buy a bunch in different lengths, that's the easiest way to have all the sizes on hand, since each part may have up to three different length bolts in it.

The thread sizes as well as heads are listed in another thread I added to, find it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
M10x1.25 x25/30mm (I bought grade 8) are the seat mounting bolts for the floor. Replaced these today.

I would also love to see this list complete. I have bolts/screws that I need to replace.

neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote