Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
WTF splitting fuel injection line????

Anyone else have this problem? Has happened 3 times now:

First time, when I was working on the car in the driveway, the hose split and started spraying fuel everywhere........this occurred near where the end of the hard line coming off the fuel rail ends inside the hose (must have rubbed internally)

Second time......another piece of hose split 2 weeks ago when I was installing my FPR......probably because I had bent it accidentally while trying to push it out of the way.

Final time:

Tonight, in the parking lot of Best Buy, I start smelling gas.....push the car forward, and there is a small puddle under the car.

Turns out to be the short little piece of hose between the fuel filter and the hard feed line..........this one befuddles me, because there this hose is a straight shot, so there is not much of a chance of "rubbing" going on inside from the hard line on the inside of the hose.

Anyone else ever have these issues? I drove the car back home ~3 miles even though it was leaking gas, because there was just no way I could see well enough to fix it in the dark and i sure as hell wasn't gonna pay for a tow.

What the fuck, now I am like eternally paranoid of this happening....makes me want to get an electronic FP gauge so I can always keep tabs.

Plus, when the hose goes, and I'm not around home, I feel like I always need to keep 2 ft. lengths of injection grade hose in my car just in case.

Fucking gay

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dry rot perhaps natural corrosion over time
Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
any hose should not fail if you bend it the wrong way, and if it happend that frequantly something is not right,

i think you should take the time to replace all of the hoses on the motor,

they appear to be dry rotted badly
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
time to get some new lines. you weres supposed to do this when you first get the car. dry rot happens. make sure you get some good ones this time. lolz.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
JVD
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
May as well get AN fittings and lines since you're so paranoid. LOL.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
May as well get AN fittings and lines since you're so paranoid. LOL.

i agree.. then if you know that you put them all together right..

they wont leak or swell.
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #7
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
I hear what you guys are saying, but all of the lines are new within the past year or so.....hmmm something is weird here

Daily driven
Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
spirit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
spirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Maybe you got fuel line and not fuel injection line. Like 80cent/foot line vs. $5/foot line. I just got finished re-doing my fuel lines last weekend too. I bought 4ft of 5/16 from egay ( eBay Motors: Goodyear Fuel Injection Hose Line J30R9 1/4 5/16 3/8 (item 380076354285 end time Nov-25-08 20:57:37 PST) )
Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit View Post
Maybe you got fuel line and not fuel injection line. Like 80cent/foot line vs. $5/foot line. I just got finished re-doing my fuel lines last weekend too. I bought 4ft of 5/16 from egay ( eBay Motors: Goodyear Fuel Injection Hose Line J30R9 1/4 5/16 3/8 (item 380076354285 end time Nov-25-08 20:57:37 PST) )

Good looking out, but unfortunately this is not the problem......I DID make sure to get injection line.

Daily driven