Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Interior & Exterior


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
G2 Carbon Custom Car Emblems

Hey Guys!
We have a ton of new products to drop on you guys. Figured I would test the waters with this one.
These are more final versions with a black glossy finish.











I'm offering a service for you to create your own CUSTOM car emblems. Just like creating a vinyl sticker for your windshield, why not create a name or a logo and use it as an emblem for your car? Of course pricing would vary depending on the complexity of the design and/or emblem. You would have to contact us for a quote. But, pricing for these would be very reasonable.

You can stick it on just like a regular emblem with high-strength double stick tape or emblem glue.

I have a few examples here:

This one is for an S14 Silvia with Vette motor swap so called "Silvette"







DM me for a quote!!!

Last edited by G2Composites; 06-09-2018 at 02:07 PM..
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
EFITTZY
Leaky Injector
 
EFITTZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: I n d i a n a
Age: 22
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very cool idea man, I take it these are 3D printed? I would be interested in an s14 silvia logo
__________________
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ T E A M B L O O M
EFITTZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Bluejayde
Zilvia Member
 
Bluejayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mid-MO
Age: 33
Posts: 299
Trader Rating: (3)
Bluejayde is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is it not possible to sand the emblem down smooth? Sorry, but these look rough af, I'd never put that on my car.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Is it not possible to sand the emblem down smooth? Sorry, but these look rough af, I'd never put that on my car.
added a disclaimer up top /\/\

These are very rough prototypes produced fast just to see how they will look. Final versions would be produced slower and sanded down to look good.
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
snafupossum
Zilvia Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: houston, tx
Age: 28
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: (1)
snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What material are you using to make these? I don't want to walk out to my car in the Texas heat and see my emblems dripping off my car lol
__________________
snafupossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafupossum View Post
What material are you using to make these? I don't want to walk out to my car in the Texas heat and see my emblems dripping off my car lol
ABS Plastic not Birthday Cake Frosting.

ABS is what your car bumpers are made out of and....wait for it.....what OEM emblems are made out of
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
kunihongo
Leaky Injector
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: (1)
kunihongo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just some helpful tips..

1. Look up acetone vapor smoothing for 3d printed ABS parts for post processing to remove the visible (~0.2mm) layer lines. You will lose some detail but it is much quicker than using filler material and sanding..
2. Fix your warping issues..
2. Make sure you pick the right orientation to print the parts. Typically the bottom layer looks better than the top most layer, assuming you have a level bed, PEI bed, etc..
3. Look up the Ironing feature in Cura slicer software as another alternative for a nice top layer
4. There's a big difference between the ABS process used by car manufacturers and the many ABS filaments used for 3d printing. Although most of them do have a higher temperature rating than other materials, make sure you pick the right ABS recipe filament because some do have additives which change some properties.
4. If you're sticking with one ABS color, you can also apply a heat resistance coating, and also a chrome,gold, metallic,etc final coating of paint.
kunihongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #8
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunihongo View Post
Just some helpful tips..

1. Look up acetone vapor smoothing for 3d printed ABS parts for post processing to remove the visible (~0.2mm) layer lines. You will lose some detail but it is much quicker than using filler material and sanding..
2. Fix your warping issues..
2. Make sure you pick the right orientation to print the parts. Typically the bottom layer looks better than the top most layer, assuming you have a level bed, PEI bed, etc..
3. Look up the Ironing feature in Cura slicer software as another alternative for a nice top layer
4. There's a big difference between the ABS process used by car manufacturers and the many ABS filaments used for 3d printing. Although most of them do have a higher temperature rating than other materials, make sure you pick the right ABS recipe filament because some do have additives which change some properties.
4. If you're sticking with one ABS color, you can also apply a heat resistance coating, and also a chrome,gold, metallic,etc final coating of paint.
Thanks for the tips.

1. I have done acetone smoothing and I don't like it. It takes away too much detail. I use a 3d print coating that I can color to get the desired finish. After it cures I can wetsand and polish it if I even need.

2. This was just a quick idea I threw up to generate interest. I will show some "finished" pieces very soon. Only time I have warping issues is when I print without a brim.

3. You are completely right with the bottom layer looking the best. I have tried some prints upside down and they do come out really good.

4. Absolutely right that manufacturers use different techniques to produce ABS parts (mostly injection or press molding) compared to additive manufacturing that is used here. But, nonetheless, its still ABS plastic and has a higher extrusion temperature then most other materials so it will not just melt off of your car.
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
afishysilvia
V-H8
 
afishysilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,006
Trader Rating: (17)
afishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Composites View Post
Thanks for the tips.

1. I have done acetone smoothing and I don't like it. It takes away too much detail. I use a 3d print coating that I can color to get the desired finish. After it cures I can wetsand and polish it if I even need.

2. This was just a quick idea I threw up to generate interest. I will show some "finished" pieces very soon. Only time I have warping issues is when I print without a brim.

3. You are completely right with the bottom layer looking the best. I have tried some prints upside down and they do come out really good.

4. Absolutely right that manufacturers use different techniques to produce ABS parts (mostly injection or press molding) compared to additive manufacturing that is used here. But, nonetheless, its still ABS plastic and has a higher extrusion temperature then most other materials so it will not just melt off of your car.

Still waiting for mine lol
__________________
Dont be a pussy...Leave your name
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #10
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Is it not possible to sand the emblem down smooth? Sorry, but these look rough af, I'd never put that on my car.
Here they are almost finished

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #11
DamianN.
Zilvia Member
 
DamianN.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco
Age: 28
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: (6)
DamianN. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
shapeways.com can make a 3D design in any material including metals (brass would look cool).
DamianN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here are some of the more final versions:


G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:49 AM   #13
williamjbrown93
 
williamjbrown93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Indiana
Age: 24
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: (0)
williamjbrown93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much for the silvia and silvette emblems? Could you possibly 3d print a silvia logo replacement for the s14 front silvia grille? Mines been gone for a while and I miss it.
williamjbrown93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #14
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
here are a few more that we have done.

G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #15
G2Composites
Zilvia.net Advertiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: new york
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
G2Composites is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjbrown93 View Post
How much for the silvia and silvette emblems? Could you possibly 3d print a silvia logo replacement for the s14 front silvia grille? Mines been gone for a while and I miss it.
DM me and show me the style of S logo you are looking for.
G2Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #16
Fitelite240
Leaky Injector
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: FL
Age: 26
Posts: 149
Trader Rating: (3)
Fitelite240 is making a name for him/her selfFitelite240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I may just hit you up when I'm ready to get my custom stuff
Fitelite240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
EFITTZY
Leaky Injector
 
EFITTZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: I n d i a n a
Age: 22
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Payment sent
__________________
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ T E A M B L O O M
EFITTZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM   #18
EDacIouSX
Premium Member
 
EDacIouSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 32
Posts: 4,472
Trader Rating: (52)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
any plans to make the SE and LE badges for s14? or 240sx
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #19
afishysilvia
V-H8
 
afishysilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,006
Trader Rating: (17)
afishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
any plans to make the SE and LE badges for s14? or 240sx
Lol why do you think mine is coming off, Iíll have it for you once he gets me mine.
__________________
Dont be a pussy...Leave your name
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #20
EDacIouSX
Premium Member
 
EDacIouSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 32
Posts: 4,472
Trader Rating: (52)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Lol why do you think mine is coming off, Iíll have it for you once he gets me mine.
i dont even know why i want to put it on. i feel like i should cause it's oem but it probably doesnt look that good lol
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright © 1998 - 2015, Zilvia.netô